It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department investigating UN agency for computer shipments to Iran and North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It looks like a U.N. agency called the World Intellectual Property Organization has arranged for computers made by Hewlett-Packard to be shipped to Iran and North Korea.

Sanctions have been in place that prohibit such things !!

It looks like the U.N. doesn't even know what the U.N. is doing sometimes.

Or do they ?

Maybe they just got caught this time and have been engaged in profiteering for who knows how long.

More corruption.

Their office in Beijing China arranged the "financing"

I wonder who got rich from this deal.

Published July 05, 2012 -- FoxNews.com

The U.S. State Department is investigating the shipment of computers and other sophisticated equipment to North Korea and Iran by way of an obscure United Nations agency, despite ongoing U.N. and U.S. sanctions against both governments aimed at blocking their development of nuclear weapons.

The broadening inquiry raises new concerns about the ways in which U.N. agencies have managed to sidestep restrictions that the world body expects the rest of the world to obey in halting the spread of sensitive technologies to nuclear-ambitious pariah regimes.

It also calls into question how much U.N. member states know about the activities of agencies they supposedly approve and supervise.

In this case, there are hints that the top official at the U.N. agency, the Geneva-based World Intellectual Property Organization, or WIPO, “has not yet been fully open” to the inquiries, according to a senior U.S. official.
What a surprise !!

source article

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

To me this is just more proof that the UN itself is the "rogue state" I always thought it was. The entire organization is a corrupt POS and needs to be ended "with extreme prejudice." As Drake suggested, push it off into the ocean and see if it floats. Globalist trash....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Pot investigating kettle.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Come on, look at the equipment list. 19" monitors, equipment scanners and a copy of MS office from 2003. I have stuff like this in my shed. 20 of each! There is not even a computer on the list. Iran can get more than this by having their Diplomats carry it through. Seems to me that this is an attack against some person or political grandstanding.

What a letdown.

P

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

top topics

join