It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Awaken The Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was in a training class the other day at work and I noticed something others were completely unaware of. Everytime the instructor put us on break, everyone was literally within seconds texting and searching the internet on thier Iphones or smartphones. Everyone. Its like they were "Dead" or in a trance state. This is the second week of the training class and its happened every single day when we are put on break. People talk to each other but when they do it's to show someone something on their phones. I don't own a smartphone or iphone. I also don't own a T.V. Threw it away sometime in 2002. I've had a really bad feeling about those smartphones from day one. There's a reason why these people are in a trance and can't come out. Is it too much T.V, too much cell phone usage. I don't talk to people too much but when I do I notice they have this overwhelming need to be connected to somekind of computer. I play guitar and write thrash metal and when I ask them what are their hobbies, they say things like "Oh usually just watch t.v". Keeping in mind we are professional adults in our late 20's and 30's, they should have somekind of activity that disconnects them from this "System" they feel the need to be attached to. My question is what do you think is causing this and how can they be taken out of this trance state? This is my first thread post. So i really don't know how this works to well.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think its called concentration.

But i agree with you , people do watch to much TV. I got rid of mine 5 yrs ago, sick of searching for something decent to watch in amongst all the stupid reality TV trash and endless repeats.

edit on 4-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sorry for my half ass grammar, I only got 4hrs of sleep.

Its the screens. All screens have something called a refrshrate, most screens are 60hz meaning that they refresh the image 60 times a second. You have probably seen this threw video footage on older CRT monitors. The lines that move across screen.

So what causes a trance? Repetitive acts, for example on your guitar if you play something over and over and over you will not even think about it cause your in a trance. You go to work at the same time every day you wont have a second thought about your routine. 60 flashes in one second. So fast you do not even know its happening. Its like a supper fast strobe light. Like a mosquito attracted to a zapper.

People have been doing this for decades, its only different now because the technology is portable. It sickens me, most people go to work, go home and turn on the TV and repeat. Its an escape from the truth. Its almost as if time freezes because all your memory's are of TV and work. Before you know it your on your death bead with no personal memory's. TV is a far bigger problem then drugs, I hope this gets addressed soon.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree with you that on average, most people do watch too much television. Most television is reality series that don't carry much of a meaning besides making the majority of us laugh when we watch it.
Personally, I don't watch t.v. anymore, I used to all the time though (got sick of reality shows, biased and often false media). Having said that, I'm still surrounded by "Zombies" that can't stop watching t.v. for five minutes to have a conversation about anything besides what they are watching.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CannibalCorpse1982

they were probably telling their contacts via sms that they spotted a non -conformist who didnt have a smart phone.Now expect "others' to start trying to unload one on you.
Stay strong and dont fall in the trap.Keep pumping out that thrash and maybe bring your axe and amp into work for a wake up call.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I enjoy entertainment, but it is mostly a time waster.

I seem to have outgrown most television which has become devoid of originality, so I barely watch it any more.

I do watch movies occasionally & keep up with friends on my mobile. If call rates were cheaper, people would not txt each other, they'd call.

The only reason for txting and social media like Faceb**k and Tw1tter is that they are cheaper alternatives than fully interactive media sharing and communication.

If someone makes an internet enabled videophone call cheaper than txts, then txting, and the other social media would vanish.

As would sites like ATS.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Cool I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I have a TV but hardly ever watch it.

When i DO turn it on occasionally for some documentaries or something, i usually find myself watching some Discovery or NatGeo reruns.

The weird thing is though, i've seen it all already, yet i keep watching, why? I don't know, i have a 120MB internet connection and can stream whatever program i like, whenever i want to, yet when i go sit in front of the TV, im hooked.

Now i know there are various theories floating around about DTV beaming weird stuff into your room and if i look at myself how i respond when i turn it on, i think there might actually be something to that entire subliminal messaging and such trough televisions and the cellular networks.

I notice the same thing you notice in other people aswell. A friend of mine has almost every console that's out there like the PS3, XBOX360 and loads of oldschool consoles, yet he is totally hooked to some game he contantly plays on his tablet...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm hoping the backlash happens, and we all go back outside

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's like when I was doing job training, a break time for everyone to whip out the cell phones and start texting. I guess it keep them from having to look at the person next to them and engage them in normal conversation.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
awareness is relative. every human being(including me n u) are in a daydream compared to say some alien whose a million years more advanced

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sometime I wonder if they are alive or the wind is drifting them.

People rely to much on these gadgets.
Its always, "I dont know, lemme look on my phone."
or
"Why bother i'll just ask my phone."
Its exactly like a electronic calculator,
You forget to exercise your brain (synapse?). I'm sure kids these days have a crapy handwriting.

Last time I went fishing, my friends used an app for tying a knot.
They are always talking about their phones its suspicious.
And kids half my age gets 800$ phone everywhere.
It must be the total chaos in a class room.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And yet we rely on this technology to communicate.
Our job and daily routines require us to constantly be busy
so we cannot effectively communicate without this.

And once you start telling people about the horrors
of subliminal messaging and subconscious people
start telling you that you wont amount to anything.

The only thing we can do is keep our study up.
At least that's the only escape I see.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I used to be a big TV-watcher but after I noticed that it's about always the same, repetitive selection of shows I grew bored of it all. Not to mention that it didn't feel relaxing like people would think this "activity" would make one feel. It's draining and keeps you tense, especially if it's a political channel.

Nowadays I rely only on the Internet because I found that it informs me wayyy better than tv. And the phone is there for emergency calls. Or there is always a messenger or two that one can use.

I'm afraid that those who are aware of the negative sides of tv-s are less likely to come out of the "trance" if it's forced upon them. They need to realize the wrongs of it by themselves, otherwise they'll refuse to even consider getting rid of it. And maybe, maybe, if they add their own realization to our habit of not even turning the gadget on, they might learn from our example.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In order to awaken the dead, just scream really loud.
Or do something unexpected.
They hate it.

If that doesn't work (hint: it never works), it is hopeless and you can try doing something else, hopefully more constructive and far more rewarding.
Like having a drink with friends and laughing life out. It's really great, it doesn't disturb the dead, but it gives you a lot of fun and you may even find yourself smiling while you are alone, because you'll just be happy.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't view communication as zombified.
What I view as zombified is the shallow adhering to fashion trends, tv shows, music, political views and social personas. Rap is one of the biggest frauds to overcome the American civilization. This culture jumps on the bandwagon of EVERYTHING that might help them sell albums. One white up and comer posted on his youtube how the Illuminati must have followed him and when they returned to their room, they could see this Illuminati member had tried to jimmy the door with a credit card.
Yes that's right.
An agent of the Illuminati followed them in a BMW then instead of pulling out a thousand dollar piece of equipment, tried to jimmy the door with a credit card because his rap music made him a person of interest. It's as bad as the crap people spew about Tubesock(tupac) who like 99.99% of rappers, has the worst lyrics and poetry imaginable but when you're manipulated socially into standing under these people, you just go along with the general consensus.

When I was growing up, which wasn't THAT long ago, this social bandwagon marketing didn't last like it does now. You could create a buzz for maybe a few weeks before everyone finally heard or saw what the person they claimed to be a fan of was actually doing and decided they weren't actually interested as did most the people bull#ting about how much they loved the hot new flavor of the week so they didn't look behind the times.

I quit commercial television and radio several years ago.
Best thing I ever did in my life!
These people do not care about us and rappers, hip hop vocalists, pop stars and celebrity actors stand top of the list for who does not give a fart about us. I had a free ride as an actor handed to me and chose to walk away. First and foremost, I am a musician. Pretending to be something I am not to brainwash simple minded idiots who are in truth victims to a VERY complex,immense corporate, government mechanism is not a life I could live with. For every person that actually gets it, there's a few thousand that merely think they do.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CannibalCorpse1982
what do you think is causing this and how can they be taken out of this trance state?

Shut the grid down.

Take away the electricity.

That should do the trick.

top topics

join