It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would happen if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What if all (or a majority) of those in debt due to student loans just...stopped paying all at once?

I know it's a long shot, but please humor me.
If we really rallied together to go on strike against paying student loans...what would be some of the initial repercussions?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You can expand on that idea and say "What if we all stopped paying on any type of loan/mortgage etc"
Well if everyone did did it, financial collapse worldwide and quite a bit of bother but maybe we would be better in the long run.

Also If I was a young student I would be getting every other student to do this, you have inherited a load of # so why should you lot pay for it.
Good luck dude

edit on 4-7-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

When the bank loaned you the money did you agree to pay it back. I understand the anger towards the banks but come on people own up to what you do in life. Why should others have to pay for you. This is your loan and you should pay it. The end it is really that simple.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
What if all (or a majority) of those in debt due to student loans just...stopped paying all at once?

I know it's a long shot, but please humor me.
If we really rallied together to go on strike against paying student loans...what would be some of the initial repercussions?

That doesn't even have to happen. If you think about it, universities are turning out more graduates than there are jobs, and the unemployed/underpaid graduates can't pay the loans off anyway. If hardly anyone's earning over the threshold, nobody's going to be paying back.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You'd be hounded and get blacklisted for loans.

Its necessary to get people into a lifetime of debt, because under debt you are required to knuckle under and play the game.

Thats why the world is set up that way. Student debt to Mortgage debt and by the time you are finished with all that your a spent force ready for the scrapheap (remember to save for retirement now so that your final years aren't too horrific).

All the while the state and the banks leech from the effort you expend.

Its not accidental you cant just buy some land and live in a caravan on it. Its not accidental you cant self teach and just turn up and pass exams to get a degree. There no huge debts incurred there. Its not enough of a shackle on the serfs.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I will pay my loans back to the company, but when it goes into collections their is no point. I offered to pay back the company last year half of what i owe, they told me to contact the debt collector, I may not be done with college but im not stupid...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
You'd be hounded and get blacklisted for loans.

Its necessary to get people into a lifetime of debt, because under debt you are required to knuckle under and play the game.

Thats why the world is set up that way. Student debt to Mortgage debt and by the time you are finished with all that your a spent force ready for the scrapheap (remember to save for retirement now so that your final years aren't too horrific).

All the while the state and the banks leech from the effort you expend.

Its not accidental you cant just buy some land and live in a caravan on it. Its not accidental you cant self teach and just turn up and pass exams to get a degree. There no huge debts incurred there. Its not enough of a shackle on the serfs.

It is a choice to take a loan. How many people work and go to school? I know a few including my dad who worked 2 jobs and paid for his own school. There is predatory lending but come on people.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Or you could pay your freakin' debts.

No one forced you to take out a loan.

If you want fairness in the way student loans are handled talk to the government, Ever since all student loans became a federal government program universities have been jacking up tuition rates every semester because they view government like a damned cash machine and have no problem squeezing their admin salaries out of those of us who work for a living.

top topics

join