It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sarkozy being Investigated for Financial Connections to Al Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
PARIS - French investigators searched former President Nicolas Sarkozy's home and office on Tuesday as part of a probe into suspected illegal financing of his 2007 presidential campaign by the L'Oreal cosmetics heiress, an official said.

news.yahoo.com...

PARIS—French authorities have arrested the administrator of an extremist French website who is suspected of playing a key role in financing and recruiting for al Qaeda and other terrorist groups from Pakistan to Spain, the Paris prosecutor's office said Tuesday.

The man—whom prosecutors call an "operational vector and formidable financier of the bloodiest terrorist groups"—is being questioned Tuesday. He faces preliminary charges of planning terrorist acts and financing a terrorist enterprise, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

The man, a Tunisian born in 1977 based in the southern French city of Toulon, was arrested Friday after a yearlong investigation, the prosecutor's statement said. It didn't give the man's name.
online.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It almost appears that the former President of France has been swept up as part of a connection to Al Qaeda.

While I realize this would be a stretch of the imagination, I am shocked this is all happening at the same time.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wonder if all the talk of "global mass arrests" of the bad guys is coming to fruition?
here`s hoping

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Oh you mean a former head of state is being investigated for possibly being in cahoots with a proxy group created by their good friends the USA and a few other countries?

Gee, that's not strange, or a stretch of the imagination at all.

All countries use proxy groups to further their means. It's been going on since WWI and probably much earlier than that.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

How the heck are you making those connections from those articles and the information available? I have not seen anything in either that suggest Sarkozy was involved in any ways to Al Queida.

His investigation is from illegal campaign donations to his party from the L'oreal heiress totaling 50k.
The second deals with a guy running a website with ties to al queida.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

but Paris Law enforcement was doing all the work on both cases.

perhaps, they just decided they will do all their financial crime stuff on the same day and half the guys in the department went to Sarkozy's House and offices and the other half went over to the airport to pick up an Al Qaeda operative and the whole thing is just a coincidence.

but I still think their is more than a slight chance that a link exists and it is being reported and acted on at the same time to imply a link because no one is prepared just yet to say that the most recent former president of france got campaign money from al qaeda through bettencourt, frances wealthiest woman.

that's called a bombshell accusation and after the DSK situation...france may not be ready to have to deal with such an arrangement as the one I described above.

P.S. and whatever Sarkozy is being investigated for...its been known about for some time as the Police were certain to wait until after his Immunity from prosecution expired before going to his home and offices;

but its probably a coincidence; no politician or business mogul has ties to criminal groups. that's just silly of me.

edit on 4-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If I am not mistaken the agency investigating is their equivelant of the FBI.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

you may be correct...the yahoo article called it a 'Paris financial crimes unit' for Sarkozy and the other story says the announcement was made from the 'Paris prosecutors office' concerning the arrest of the financier.

those are pretty vague to me and suggest that it was probably a coordinated investigation; possibly including their intelligence community and others...

that all this is happening on the same day; involving the most recent former head of their state, their nations richest person and the worlds most ambitious, albeit totally incompetent, criminal quasi religious, political group that may be trying to bring down people with them as their grand scheme winds down unsuccessfully.

top topics

join