It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the film Super 8 the "government" set wildfires as a cover for an alien incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

While Joe and Charles wait on the development of the film of the derailment, the town experiences strange events: dogs run away, several people have gone missing, and numerous electronics components have been stolen. Overhearing questionable Air Force communication, Jack approaches Nelec to help quell the rising panic in town, but Nelec instead orders him secured in the base's prison. Nelec soon orders the forces to start a wildfire on the outskirts of town, using it as a guise to evacuate the townspeople to the base. Joe and Charles watch the footage they filmed at the dherailment and confirm that a large, alien creature had fled from the damaged train.

link

Sure have been a lot of wildfires, freak storms and unidentified stuff in the sky lately. And at the center of the current fire is you guessed it, an Air Force Base. Peterson AFB to be precise. Did they ever figure out what almost struck that passenger jet in the skies near Denver a few weeks back long ago?

Read the full plot for Super 8 on wiki. It could have been taken from the headlines as of late. The kids in the film were even making a zombie flick.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

And in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" the "military/government" set toxic nerve gas spill incident as a cover for the alien encounter... T

The Army evacuates the area, planting false reports in the media that a train wreck has spilled a toxic nerve gas, all the while preparing a secret landing zone for the UFOs and their occupants.

Sounds Good!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

And in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" the "military/government" set toxic nerve gas spill incident as a cover for the alien encounter... T

The Army evacuates the area, planting false reports in the media that a train wreck has spilled a toxic nerve gas, all the while preparing a secret landing zone for the UFOs and their occupants.

Sounds Good!

Funny that you should mention CE3K. Next time you watch that film jot down the coordinates for the "meetup" and type them into google maps. Bit of fun there.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So they do! That is quite a coincidence! Or do you suggest there is something more going on?
The Director was maybe in on some secret plans for the future? Or are TPTB adopting tactics they've seen in films?
I dont know what would be more worrying!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Amazing! The NWO are becoming so BLATANT now!

Hollywood has a lot to tell us about what is to come - it is, after all, an illuminati controlled operation.

Definately something fishy going on here!
edit on 3-7-2012 by chemistry because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
Amazing! The NWO are becoming so BLATANT now!

Hollywood has a lot to tell us about ehat is to come - it is, after all, an illuminati controlled operation.

Definately something fishy going here!

So you actually think there is an escaped alien on the loose and the fires are a coverup?

Not sure if the NWO is becoming more blatant or if the dumbing down of society is what's really going on here...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

When you look at the UFO footage posted on a related thread, it doesn't seem too implausible to reckon that some kind of ET involvement is at play here.
edit on 3-7-2012 by chemistry because: clarity

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

They are playing with us.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
And at the center of the current fire is you guessed it, an Air Force Base. Peterson AFB to be precise. Did they ever figure out what almost struck that passenger jet in the skies near Denver a few weeks back long ago?

While it is a fact that Peterson AFB is quite an important base (it is amongst others the home of NORAD and of the 21st Space Wing, Official Website, Wiki), it is wrong to say it is at the center of the fires.

Check for instance this article of the Latinos Post. We can clearly see that the zone of the fire is located to the northwest of Colorado Springs.

Check now this map centered on the coordinates provided in the Wiki article of the base. We can here clearly see that the base is situated east of the city.

Super 8 is a nice plot though. But it's got nothing to do with current Colorado fires I'm afraid...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

And at the center of the current fire is you guessed it, an Air Force Base. Peterson AFB to be precise. Did they ever figure out what almost struck that passenger jet in the skies near Denver a few weeks back long ago?

While it is a fact that Peterson AFB is quite an important base (it is amongst others the home of NORAD and of the 21st Space Wing, Official Website, Wiki), it is wrong to say it is at the center of the fires.

Check for instance this article of the Latinos Post. We can clearly see that the zone of the fire is located to the northwest of Colorado Springs.

Check now this map centered on the coordinates provided in the Wiki article of the base. We can here clearly see that the base is situated east of the city.

Super 8 is a nice plot though. But it's got nothing to do with current Colorado fires I'm afraid...

It is never an exact match. That would be gauche. It does rhyme though.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

never an exact match.

We're talking at least 20 miles on the map, and across the whole city. I am sorry but the base is quite not "at the center of the current fire" [sic].

There is, however, the USAF Academy just east of the fire zone, but there are no UFOs or aliens there you know

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince

never an exact match.

We're talking at least 20 miles on the map, and across the whole city. I am sorry but the base is quite not "at the center of the current fire" [sic].

There is, however, the USAF Academy just east of the fire zone, but there are no UFOs or aliens there you know

That does not mean that the government is not behind the fires.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I believe the object that almost struck the plane was an unmanned drone. Also, they confirmed it was a small plane, a Cessna, that was almost struck. It is still scary, though, having unidentified flying objects in our sky!

The wildfires theory is interesting. I saw that movie and totally forgot about that theme!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If the U.S. government is covering up the presence of extraterrestrials then any and all lies and deceits would have to be used to continue the cover up. The War on Terror may be a ruse to continue massive military funding to maintain the secret (the same goes for the Cold War).

However in these recent natural disaster incidents I think we're witnessing the effects of global warming. Unless you believe the U.S. government is manufacturing record temperature increases to maintain the UFO secret.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is very logical .

Not only does it cover up the incident but it also sterilizes the immediate area and erases any evidence .

I like this thread
I will be tracking it . SnF

Omega

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Funny that you should mention CE3K. Next time you watch that film jot down the coordinates for the "meetup" and type them into google maps. Bit of fun there.

Devil's Tower, Wyoming. To be frank, except the nice rock which is the landing site in the movie, I don't really see anything that strikes me there.

Care to elaborate a bit ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

There was a thread about a year ago saying the coordinate in the movie was related to Denver International Airport.
Not sure if was exactly the case.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Nope, it has been discussed many times. For the sake of it I'll repost the main conclusion that this is made up, the numbers don't give the location of the airport, far from it.

Discussion happening mainly in this thread. The picture extracted from the movie (and the thread):

The coordinates shown are W104 44' 30" N40 36' 10".
Paste those in google maps and you'll obtain this map, which shows that they point to a place about 20 miles east of Ft Collins. That's over 60 miles north of Denver.

[Edited to add:]
Actually, the N and W are assumed, logically, as the movie is happening in the US.
Same coords N and E point to a place in the middle of nowhere, in the north of China, near the mongolian border (map)
S and W: in the southern Pacific, 1500 miles from Argentina coasts (map)
S and E: in the southern Indian, about 1000 miles SW of Perth, Australia (map)
edit on 5-7-2012 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

I just thought you wasn't aware of the thread

To be honest with you, I couldn't care less,

top topics

join