It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Downplaying Of Symbols, And Their Actual Importance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have been a member here for quite a while and have noticed on thing time and time again, and that is what some see as a significance in certain symbols, such as the

All Seeing Eye

Of course the dollar bill.

This is from a thread I wrote a while back about the release of suggestions for the original White House structure.

The Winged Disc

This is mostly associated with Egyptian Symbology, but is found on churches all over the world within different denominations.

There are literally thousands of different symbols, and though they have been used for thousands of years, seem to be repeated in many forms, within the same types of circumstances, which mostly include the powerful, wealthy, and some even dangerous.

If we ask people on an individual bases what the above mean to them, you may get different answers, but no one seems to be concerned with what the original message of it is. There are those in the know that are aware of what many of these symbols mean, and how they can make them pretty or even stand out, but will not always get people to ask about its overall message.

I put this thread in the "secret Societies" Forum, because I think that only those that fully understand the importance of symbols are the ones that are using them to their advantage, and by claims of the ignorant that this is purely coincidental is an obscene mistake.

In The Secret Doctrine, H.P.B. gives some indication of the importance of symbols in raising our consciousness, as they convey something more than the obvious meaning.

A symbol is ever, to him who has eyes for it, some dimmer or clearer revelation of the God-like. Through all there glimmers something of a divine idea; nay, the highest ensign that men ever met and embraced under the Cross itself, had no meaning, save an accidental extrinsic one. (Carlyle, quoted in The Secret Doctrine, I, 303)

I think that this quote says it all. If you dont like Blavatsky, here writings or even her personal beliefs that in no way should take away from this quote. There was a time when symbols were taken very seriously, and if we had a time machine and brought someone to this time (2012) from lets say 200 years ago, they would go mad, when they see the overuse of important symbolism that refers to the esoteric, as well as the darker of the magik, that we tend to think that we are NOT a part of.

Here is a bit more from the book the secret doctrine.

Next, we find that, as hinted above, symbols have more than one meaning. In fact, each symbol has seven interpretations. "Every symbol," H.P.B. declared, "must yield three fundamental truths and four implied ones, otherwise the symbol is false."

Every religious and philosophical symbol had seven meanings attached to it, each pertaining to its legitimate plane of thought, i.e., either purely metaphysical or astronomical; psychic or physiological, etc., etc. These seven meanings and their applications are hard enough to learn when taken by themselves; but the interpretation and the right comprehension of them become tenfold more puzzling, when, instead of being correlated, or made to flow consecutively out of and to follow each other, each, or any one of these meanings is accepted as the one and sole explanation of the whole symbolical idea. (S.D., II, 538)

Why, then, have students of Theosophy to bother with this difficult subject? To begin with, the language of symbols is a complete language, and we cannot understand any great Scripture unless we learn it. In the Scriptures of the world is to be found, for him who can read them with the eye of understanding, the history of nations and races, of worlds and of the Coscomos itself, in their sevenfold natures.

There are no ancient symbols, without a deep and philosophical meaning attached to them; their importance and significance increasing with their antiquity. (S.D., I, 379)

Since the symbolic formula attempts to characterize that which is above scientific reasoning, and as often far beyond our intellects, it must needs go beyond that intellect in some shape or other, or else it will fade out from human remembrance. (S.D., I, 473)

The religious and esoteric history of every nation was embedded in symbols; it was never expressed in so many words. All the thoughts and emotions, all the learning and knowledge, revealed and acquired, of the early races, found their pictorial expression in allegory and parable. (S.D., I, 307)

So we see that a study of symbology is important. Trying to extract the hidden meaning from the seemingly fantastic or nonsensical gives our minds exercise. Such exercise develops our intuition. We get a further clue to its importance in the article by Mr. Judge on "Theosophical Symbols":

In symbology the symbol is only right when it fitly represents all the ideas meant to be conveyed, and in all its parts is consistent with the whole, as well as being in conformity to tradition and he rules of the ancients. It should also when understood be of such a character that when it is looked at or thought of, with the image of it in the mind, all the ideas and doctrines it represents recur to the thinker. (The Heart Doctrine, pp. 157-58)

Every symbol—in every national religion—may be read esoterically, and the proof furnished for its being correctly read by transliterating it into its corresponding numerals and geometrical forms—by the extraordinary agreement of all—however much the glyphs and symbols may vary among themselves. For in the origin those symbols were all identical. (S.D., I, 443)

www.teosofia.com...

If you would like to look over the book The Secret Doctrine here it is.
www.theosociety.org...

To understand that we live in interesting times, and that by far we must be one of the least informed group of humans (not by chance, but on purpose), and that the only way to truly see beyond the illusion, is to learn what we are supposed to be learning, asking the questions that are the most important, and making sure that we awaken ourselves at least for the sake of future generations.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would like to point out, that so many people know about the significance some people put on these symbols, they use them just to make it seem like they are part of whatever mysteries are there.

I used to draw some of these symbols as a child, not thinking twice about it. In fact, I owned an all-seeing eye necklace when I was a teen, that I bought at the dollar store.

Sometimes, there is significance there. But more often, I think people are either messing around for fun, or to give conspiracy theorists something to do.

Just my thoughts

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sssshhh.... the winged disk...

That's top secret stuff!

I also like pyramids... and I'm sure they have nothing to do with what you posted, it's all coincidence.

edit on 2-7-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah, I'm sure they're all just coincidences hu?

Mini Cooper

Steak N Shake

Harley Davidson

Crysler

REO Speedwagon

Bentley

Aerosmith

Obama Campaign

Southwest Airlines

Aston Martin

They know what they're doing whether YOU do or not!

"None are so blind as those who will not see".
edit on 2-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

WOW!!!!
Even with all of those supposed "coincidences", this will still not get noticed. But thank you so much for contributing!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

They know what they're doing whether YOU do or not!
"None are so blind as those who will not see".

Good eye friend.

The Force is both a place of both darkness & light.
For someone who has woken up to it all, I'd advise keeping them locked up to avoid the "not guilty due to reasons of insanity" plea.

Sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow, yet the blue pill seems to be available in powder form here too.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I'm not going to lie to you,
I have no clue WHAT you are talking about!
I'm sure it was inspirational and deeply profound though.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I usually only see people displaying cognitive dissonance actually make claims that the ancients didn't use symbolism. Typically, this would be someone who is educated in classical science that is having this educations value threatened. Or, just as often, a redneck who likes to ridicule everything they don't understand (which tends to be just about everything).

Bottom line is: our ancestors had a profound knowledge of the esoteric. This knowledge seemed to go hand in hand with wealth and power. There are a few reasons for this, but at the end of it all these symbols are in plain site, letting anyone who would understand know whatever it is that was being communicated.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you want to understand symbolism, you would be better off studying Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell than Blavatsky, and better off hanging out at a Jungian forum than ATS.

Just sayin'.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 3-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

This is understanding what Jung thinks of symblism, which may or may not be relevant to what the Mysteries thought of those symbols.

Regardless, I would agree that Blavatsky is not the best source. Regardless, she is still held in high enough esteem by esotericists to be included mystics libraries across the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have read some "alien" writings that state the symbols were used as a universal language because spoken languages can lose their meaning or emotions can distort their meaning. The symbols are blantant in our face alerting each in their group who they represent and what they stand for. We have all these big corporations mocking us and laughing at us while they show their hand in full public and we still buy their crap.

We are being mocked and and laughed at while they plan behind are back and most of us just continue to buy their product and further their agenda.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I dont think that people have to know what every symbol means, but know what the actual meaning of "using" symbols means. There is an entire conversation, and even fight for those in power to represent what they know as "powerful" symbols, and we as people that have no idea, walk around representing these groups openly and without any real knowing of what goes on behind closed doors.

This in my eyes is not just scary, but an eye opener as far as people not wanting to know.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Lets not forget

Wingstop

top topics

join