It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Will Refuse - The Mixing of Electronic and Hardcore - Awesome Era for Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All these tunes came out when I was in HS. Music seemed to be different, more real somehow. I know many will point to KORN and Lamb of God, but this was the shizz when it came out. I remember commenting to a friend at a ministry concert in '88 that no one outside the arena would believe what the hell was going on...the good old days of real anger...

Great to see live, all of them.

CJ

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When i saw "Hardcore" and "Days of anger" my mind went to my own favorite music style, which is called hardcore aswell (pure electronic hardcore though)

I don't know if it's you taste but if you are frustrated, nothing beats this to blow off some steam!

Imo, my own era was the golden era but we all have our tastes i guess

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

That looks like a sweet concert. Thank goodness people still can get this kind of music. Music will never die!

CJ

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yeah these were some wild parties. 30K+ people in total harmony to the beats and eachother for 12 hours on end.

I get chills down my spine thinking of it.. my last must have been 6 years ago already.. ow the memories.

Hardcore will never die!

(and neither will music
)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i found this thread while looking for another but for some reason i decided to check it out and glad i did because it brought back a lot of awesome memories of awesome times wow i remember being heavily into this genre back when it was still an experimental genre and i loved it, i remember seeing ministry a billion times, i'm still into the genre but i'm really into a heavier end of the spectrum it's a fusion of dubstep and "metalcore" metalcore is actually a fusion of hardcore and metal so i'm a huge fan of the genre.. here's a few songs of one of my favorite bands in the genre so check'em out.

new topics

top topics

join