It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What 9/11 related books did you read ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I thought it would be nice if we had a thread where members post what books they read about 9/11 and politics in general. I'll go first;

September 11: A Memoir
Author: Groneman, William

The Downwind Walk: A USAR Paramedic's Experiences after the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001
Author: Steve Kanarian EMT-P MPH

The First Responders - The Untold Story of the New York City Police Department & Sept 11, 2001 - Anthea Appel
Author: Appel, Anthea

Until the Fires Stopped Burning: 9/11 and New York City in the Words and Experiences of Survivors and Witnesses
Author: Strozier, Charles B.

Disconnecting the Dots: How 9/11 Was Allowed to Happen (Started to read this book few days ago)
Author: Fenton, Kevin

Lies the Government Told You
Author: Andrew P Napolitano

House of Bush, House of Saud
Author: Craig Unger

Title: The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation
Author: Philip Shenon

With Liberty and Justice for Some: How the Law Is Used to Destroy Equality and Protect the Powerful
Author: Glenn Greenwald

The Revolution: A Manifesto
Author: Ron Paul

Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom
Author: Ron Paul

The Law
Author: Frederick Bastiat

Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil
Author: Michael C. Ruppert, Catherine Austin Fitts, Catherine Austin Fitts

The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How The War on Terror Turned into a War on American Ideals
Author: Jane Mayer

Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years
Author: Russ Bake

The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy And Its Geostrategic Imperatives
Author: Zbigniew Brzezinski

The Myth of National Defense: Essays on the Theory and History of Security Production
Author: Hans-Hermann Hopp

Betrayal of the American Right (LvMI)
Author: Murray N. Rothbard, Thomas E. Woods Jr

Down With Power: Libertarian Policy in a Time of Crises
Author: L. Neil Smtih

A Renegade History of the United States
Author: Thaddeus Russell

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
9/11 and American Empire - Intellectuals Speak Out
edited by David Ray Griffin and Peter Dale Scott

Gave it to a friend when I was done for 1984.
Wish I still had it though.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Almost forgot:

Wake-Up Call: The Political Education of a 9/11 Widow
Author: Breitweiser, Kristen

Rollback: Repealing Big Government Before the Coming Fiscal Collapse
Author: Woods Jr., Thomas E.

The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions And Distortions
Author: Griffin, David Ray

Human Action: Scholar's Edition (LvMI)
Author: Mises, Ludwig von

Sophisms of the Protectionists
Author: Bastiat, Frédéric

Correction: The Author of "Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years" is Russ Baker
edit on 2-7-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Notice dont have any basic 9/11 books . All yours seem to be opinions

Should start out with

CITY IN THE SKY: The Rise and Fall of the World Trade Center
Eric Lipton & Jamie Glanz

Excellent source material on construction of WTC, including details on fireproofing

102 MINUTES: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive in the Twin Towers
Kevin Flynn &Jim Dwyer

Accounts of survivors in the towers and struggle to escape

FIREFIGHT: Inside the Battle to Save the Pentagon on 9/11
Patrick Creed & Rick Newman

Accounts by firefighters of search and rescue/firefighting operation inside the Pentagon

THE SHADOW FACTORY: The NSA from 9/11 to the Eavesdropping on America
James Bamford

Excellent detail on hijackers movements prior to 9/11

THE ELEVENTH DAY: The Full Story of 9/11 Osama Bin Laden
Anthony Summers & Robbyn Swan

Covers intelligence failures prior to 9/11 abd involvement of Saudi Arabia with the hijackers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

That is the most arrogant, condescending comment yet. Who the hell are you to decide what's opinion and what's fact. Telling lies all day, every day is unhealthy Ed. Do you feel alright?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Notice he has book by nutjob David Ray Griffith offering his OPINION on the 911 Commission yet
does not list the 911 Commission Report

One of the tenants of any research is to go to the original source materials........

Most of the books seem to be political opinions. not basic research

About par for truther ........

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
reply to post by dillweed

Notice he has book by nutjob David Ray Griffith offering his OPINION on the 911 Commission yet
does not list the 911 Commission Report

One of the tenants of any research is to go to the original source materials........

Most of the books seem to be political opinions. not basic research

About par for truther ........

Are you able to tell what kind of book it is by the title or did you actually read some of them?

The 9/11 commission report was the first book I read about 9/11, there's nothing but opinions and half truth in it by the way.. I forgot to list it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Dennis Smith: Report from Ground Zero

Dwyer & Flynn: 102 minutes

Rudolph W. Giuliani: Leadership

Bob Woodward: Bush at War

Here is New York
a democracy of photographs

Aust & Schnibben: 11. September

Norman Mailer: Why are we at war,
The Big Empty

David Ray Griffin: The New Pearl Harbor,
& Revisited

Noam Chomsky: Imperial Ambitions

Naomi Klein: The Shock Doctrine

Russ Baker: The Family of Secrets

...and parts of memoirs by Bush, Rummy and Cheney – recommended reading what happened that day – how about those lies!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
None.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by YetSharkproof

...and parts of memoirs by Bush, Rummy and Cheney – recommended reading what happened that day – how about those lies!

I have a problem with voluntarily sending them my money for some reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What limits where you'd send your money? Would you send it to people who claimed victims didn't exist? Would you send it to people who claimed that the families of victims were part of the conspiracy?

Where's your limit? From what I've seen you've read only books advocating one side of the story, but then you come on here and try to put forward an air of balanced criticism. Why would you only have read one particular section of the literature?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

What limits where you'd send your money? Would you send it to people who claimed victims didn't exist? Would you send it to people who claimed that the families of victims were part of the conspiracy?

Where's your limit? From what I've seen you've read only books advocating one side of the story, but then you come on here and try to put forward an air of balanced criticism. Why would you only have read one particular section of the literature?

You are wrong that I read only one side of the story books. You should look into it first and then comment.

I don't care about people who claim fake plane and victims in on it, so I would not buy their books. I also don't care much about Bigfoot , it's in the same category as far as I'm concerned.

Bush, Cheney and the rest of them are guilty of a coverup in the best case scenario in my opinion. I work hard for my money and I'm a law abiding and tax paying citizen, if I can help not financing criminals I do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bob Woodward´s accommodating book "Bush at War" served indirectly for my conversion about 9/11. I came surprised how any historical perspective was absent in the simplified reasoning. That was puzzling.
I also read Chomsky, an anti-truther, to comprehend his blunt attitude towards 9/11 phenomena.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Way too many to even attempt to list here. But good to see you try for a balanced approach to your reading list.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
You are wrong that I read only one side of the story books. You should look into it first and then comment.

I don't see that you've read the NIST reports, the 911 commission reports, hell even Firefight which gets recommended everywhere here. Surely these would be primary sources on your list, well above nonsense by Ron Paul.

I don't care about people who claim fake plane and victims in on it, so I would not buy their books. I also don't care much about Bigfoot , it's in the same category as far as I'm concerned.

So you dismiss cryptozoology in reasonable fashion, but then don't seem to understand how the same logic pervades all of 911 research? You have a freaking DRG book there but you don't consider him wildly irrational?

Bush, Cheney and the rest of them are guilty of a coverup in the best case scenario in my opinion. I work hard for my money and I'm a law abiding and tax paying citizen, if I can help not financing criminals I do it.

I wouldn't be surprised to find them guilty, but why does that stop you downloading and reading the commission report?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

You should pay more attention to what you read.

And are you planning on contributing to the reading list or are you just trying to prove something here?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
I thought it would be nice if we had a thread where members post what books they read about 9/11 and politics in general. I'll go first;

The three that come to mind are...

Here is New York- A Democracy in Photographs: a collection of photographs taken in and around the World Trade Center during 9/11

Aftermath: a collection of photos taken of the ground zero cleanup by photographer Joel Meyerowitz

The 9/11 Commission report: Much aligned, but ironically rarely read, which is pathetic if you ask me since if the truthers insist the report is a pack of lies, it's their responsibility to have read the thing to know what these lies are even supposed to be

The point is, there are loads of references that show these conspiracy claims are rubbish- no fires in WTC 7, noone saw what hit the Pentagon, no evidence of any Arabs on any of the hijacked planes, and so on- but they don't know any of it because they're getting their information from crackpot and con artists looking to make a fast buck off the conspiracy crowd. Look at these posts and you'll see right away how many of them include David Ray Griffin. At least, with the 9/11 Commission report, you can download it for free.
edit on 6-7-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Max, David Ray Griffin believes that the telephone calls from the airplanes were used by voice morphing technology.

-- "The present essay provides various types of evidence that the calls [from 9/11 planes] were, indeed, faked." (Griffin, 2011, p. 101)

That aside, here are the books I have read:

Circle in the Sand: Why We Went Back to Iraq

The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11

Firefight: Inside the Battle to Save the Pentagon on 9/11

Your Government Failed You: Breaking the Cycle of National Security Disasters

Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror

The Ground Truth: The Untold Story of America Under Attack on 9/11

9/11 Commission Report

World Trade Center Disaster Study - NIST

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

Max, David Ray Griffin believes that the telephone calls from the airplanes were used by voice morphing technology. -- "The present essay provides various types of evidence that the calls [from 9/11 planes] were, indeed, faked." (Griffin, 2011, p. 101)

I read his book right after i read the 9/11 Commission report, and it didn't really make any kind of an impression on me.

I think that (The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation ) is a very good book about the 9/11 Commission, which shows how the investigation was compromised since the day it was formed.

I'm finishing up (Disconnecting the Dots) and then I'm planning to read the Firefight.

Thanks for the input...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join