It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nat'l Geo's "Chasing UFOs" tv series. My opinion.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I remember reading a review somewhere that describes the whole genre. I was something like:

Easily frightened people wondering around looking for things that scare them and filming it.

This car-crash just gets worse, decided out of boredom to watch part (I could only make it through that far) of another show, and it's quite correct, James Fox will sh*t a brick if a raccoon relieves himself within ten yards

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

I watched this program too and I don't think you need night vision goggles to see a ufo at night. The show was a major bummer.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
ufo hunters was good.

this show is just a failure.and tottaly like finding bigfoot.,these guys run in the pastures get scared at whatever there is to create suspense and have zero credence.

cant understand why james fox participated but i guess its because he s a hardcore believer.

hope this show stops soon

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think show's name is already a nod to the agenda behind the show.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Whilst I agree with most of what is being said here- I dont like their 'investigation' techniques- very weak, never follow anything up, get scared at the slightest thing etc, they have done a couple of valuable things- one in the last episode.

Remember the Mexican air force videos of the multiple lights picked up on FLIR camera. Caused quite a stir for a few weeks, then a debunker said "Nah, its just the flares from oil rigs- here is a photo of the oil rigs in that area- look how it approximately lines up with the video", and then everyone (including me, to my shame) said "oh well, case closed, must have been oil rigs". Not so, apparently.

In the last episode, for those that havent watched it, they attempt to re-create the footage of 'oil rig flares' by hiring a plane, flying to the exact location, altitude etc that the video was shot in, and guess what- they couldnt even see the coast with binoculars, never mind through their cameras. They had to fly within 1 nautical mile of an oil rig to get it to even show up on FLIR, and even then, it looked nothing like the Mexican air force footage.

If nothing else comes from this series, they did at least put that particular theory to bed, which has been used for some time to debunk what now appears to be an important bit of footage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join