It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's big healthcare flip flop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
i searched ats to find this video and came up with nothing. apologies if this has been posted before.

clear as day, from his own mouth. i wonder what changed his mind? perhaps a bribe from big health insurance? my money is on the bribe. i voted for this liar and i feel really stupid now, and i apologize to my fellow americans for my ignorant pick.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

voted for this liar and i feel really stupid now, and i apologize to my fellow americans for my ignorant pick.

Many smart people voted for him, I was one of the ones that was suspicious from the begging when he got the Nomination I was done with being a Dem.

His level exp was what did it for me, he spent his first term trying to become president, couldn't even focus on his first job before he wanted a better one.

But honestly at this point south park said it best, its a choice between a Giant Douche, and a Turd sandwich.

I voted for Rep last time, a Dem won, and Yet Bushes policies continues... really? it doesn't matter what you voted anymore..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nice stancedance again..

Kinda reminds me of the pirouette he did about gay marriage aswell.

He must be one of the biggest liars the USA has ever seen.

If he wins another term im gonna bang my head into the first wall i come across.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

If he wins another term im gonna bang my head into the first wall i come across.

why inflict self injury.... you want his health-care working for you?

the proper thing is to mobilize an Impeachment process

(yeah right with the whole Congress that is reminescent of chicken-coop denizens)
They are all clucking & scratching about and lay eggs instead of practical laws

edit on 30-6-2012 by St Udio because: nil or i get in trouble

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well since i'm not from the USA and we already have mandated healthcare for as long as i can remember here in NL, things won't change alot here. And banging my head into the wall would mean i'd finally be able to actually USE my health insurance.

Btw what Obama said about "me and you paying for someone in the hospital without insurance", isn't that a fat lie aswell? Don't people in the USA get a big fat hospital bill if they aren't insured?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Yes, they do get hospital bills. However, how does the hospital pay for all the services used before getting paid? When a vast majority of uninsured Americans can't afford to pay their bills nothing happens and the hospitals have to eat the loss by raising prices on services to pay for those who can't/won't pay.

This is also why people in America go bankrupt from hospital bills, they can't afford to pay them but that doesn't mean the hospital necessarily suffers because of this loss.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I don't exactly know how it works in the USA ofcourse but here in NL commercial business' have insurances against such kind of things like theft and unpayed debts.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
it works like this. they take your money "in case sh@# happens". if nothing happens you lose your money. if something happens, you still have to pay for damages or deductibles. pretty much a scam, except now we are being FORCED into more insurance.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So he compares this to auto insurance...
So I will too...

I can go out and pick which insurance I want. I can decided on what deduction I want or can afford....I can decided not to have a car and use a bike, or public transport... etc. All and great!!

BUT THIS IS ONLY IF I'M IN AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

If I need a new engine does my insurance pay for it? If my car need new oil and filters does my insurance pay for it? If my transmission goes out who pays? so on and so on..

So I guess what Obama is trying to say is he wants to replace all cars with public transportation because some people cannot afford a car...so he will force everyone to get rid of their cars and use busses and trains to travel...that is all find and good, but there is not enough busses and trains and so we will wait 1/2 a day to get anywhere, and the busses and trains will only get us somewhat in the area we want to go.....

edit on 1-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
So he compares this to auto insurance...
So I will too...

I can go out and pick which insurance I want. I can decided on what deduction I want or can afford....I can decided not to have a car and use a bike, or public transport... etc. All and great!!

BUT THIS IS ONLY IF I'M IN AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

If I need a new engine does my insurance pay for it? If my car need new oil and filters does my insurance pay for it? If my transmission goes out who pays? so on and so on..

So I guess what Obama is trying to say is he wants to replace all cars with public transportation because some people cannot afford a car...so he will force everyone to get rid of their cars and use busses and trains to travel...that is all find and good, but there is not enough busses and trains and so we will wait 1/2 a day to get anywhere, and the busses and trains will only get us somewhat in the area we want to go.....

edit on 1-7-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

brilliant

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Actually, Obamacare forces the insurance companies to pay you a portion of your monthly cost back if they don't spend it in a year. If you make less than ~$60,000 you get a tax break at tax time to help cover your insurance costs. If you make 133% of the federal poverty level (

join