It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most underated musician of all time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails
The most underated musician of all time.

Robert Johnson

let me simplify.....no Robert Johnson ? no rock n roll as we know it today. the catalogue of famous guitarist this bluesman has been a major influence of, reads like a who's who of modern rock. (page,clapton, berry,richards,lennon, etc. etc. etc.)- he recorded aprox. 23 songs. which are considered by historians as the foundation of modern music. yet, few people know who he was. -j; )

I love robert johnson

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For every Britney there's a Christina Aguilera who can sing. For every Ashanti a Whitney Houston, For every Nsync member a Backstreet Boy who can kick butt in concert without dancing(there also hilarious also, and there fanfiction makes Dan Brown look pithatic, SERIOUSLY(I 've read about 51(mostly incomplete and with some spelling & grammer mistakes), and for every LFO, a Hanson, and that's just some of the false teachers(according to some baptists websites I 've that mentions them in reference to old Egyptian feterity gods and the Isis relgions, plus if you saw their MTV Diary, AJ flashes the sign of satan at the end of it. BAD AJ! NO MORE HOs! BAD!).

I know I need a social Life. But hey! I like Limp Bizkit, Rage Against The Machine's Debut, and Nickelback, and Matellica's "Don't Tread on Me!"

But if you hate BSB, that's cool with me; just don't insult me for liking them, and I won't insult you. Besides their one of the greatest Pop groups without the dancing(though less arousing and less fun), NSYNC can't do that.
But hey! I only know what I like, but Justin Timberlake is the most overated and Tatyana Ali has been the most overated of the "2nd Pop Boom". She could kick all of NSYNC's butt, especially Justin's.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree with most of the musicians listed in this thread, even though some are in fact not underated at all.

My pick would have to be Mr. Mark Lanegan...His Screaming Trees days are okay, but his solo albums are incredible...Check out: Field Songs, The Winding Sheet, Scarps at Midnight, hell any of them, even when he was with Q.O.T.S.A. ...Give a listen, go to my blog if you want to check him out....(no it isn't a shameless plug for my blog, I don't want you to read it, I want you to listen....)

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nick Drake is a great pick.....Jeff Buckley is a hugely underrated and for the most part unknown musician....he was incredible but we lost him young as we do so many amazing musicians it seems.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Brand new. they are awsome. or my chemical romance

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join