It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

project prometheus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Prometheus, nuclear space...

In Greek mythology, Prometheus was the wisest of the Titans, and he gave the gift of fire to humanity. The name Prometheus means 'forethought', and true to its name, NASA's space nuclear power initiative was born out of past research with an eye on future innovations.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Nuclear power in space may be the only future that NASA has, unless they see fit to declassify alternative energy sources that they likely have already developed.

As far as nuclear power on earth, it is a loosing proposition... But Im not sure I like the idea of boosting nuclear materials into orbit, when they have a tendency to explode during liftoff and spread the material across the stratosphere...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
that would be a very BAD scenario. however, we'd have a much more effiecient method of getting rid of nuclear materials. one, send them into the sun. or into jupiter or saturn. contain them on an uninhabitable moon of a planet or something. who knows. the possibilities are endless.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
if i'm not mistaken, Prometheus was the name of an interstellar space ship project on the TV show Stargate SG1. as far as an actual project prometheus i don't know.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
SOOOOOooooo,

They take a 1/10000 shot at throwing a lot of fissile material into our atmosphere. Great, the guys at NASA are so kind. And if it is out there, it still might not work

top topics

join