It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why I Love America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I know this isn't going to be a popular thread, but who cares.

Today's SCOTUS ruling is why the Constitution is still the greatest document ever created for allowing a country as large and diverse as the United States to continue being great.

The people clearly spoke in 2008. The Democratic President and Congress passed the Obama health care plan.

The law was challenged in the courts.

The Supreme Court's decision today was very simple. It said that the people, as represented by Obama and the Congress, have the right to have Obamacare if that's what the people want. The ruling was very powerful in that the very group of 9 people with the responsibility to decide the fate of the law decided THEY were not more powerful than the millions who spoke in the 2008 election.

Today I am very grateful to live in a country that has a system that allows for the rule of law to be winner, not any group or political party.

For those that are unhappy about Obamacare, the SCOTUS made it clear: the future is still in your hands. You can elect a government that has the power to change the law.

This is exactly how the system is meant to work, and contrary to all the Roberts bashing I've heard today, I think his interpretation and decision was spot on.

For those of us who live here in America, we are all very lucky. None of us created this country, or the benefits we get from being here. We will move forward together.

For those of you who are not Americans, know that for the most part, 99% of us love and respect you, no matter where you're from. We ARE you. We are Greeks, Italians, Jews, Irish, Lebonese, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Kenyan, and every other country under the sun. We never agree on anything. But that's how it's supposed to be. In the end we do our best to get it right, and move forward together, with much more respect for each other in the "real" world than you would think by reading the posts on anonymous forums.

Just felt like sharing this....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

the future is still in your hands. You can elect a government that has the power to change the law.

The people tried that with Obama.

He made the promises, he had the power...he lied and changed nothing.

So, who really has the power? NOT the people.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I just wonder how much the swing voter got paid.

Welcome to the USSA.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's not the rule of law. That's mob rule. By people who wanted "some of that Obama cash"

Which we were explicitly warned against by the founding fathers.

The Govt. dictating what you have to buy and punishing you if you don't comply is not freedom.
One day people will open their eyes.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

This declares health insurance companies the winner. You no longer get to choose what you want or don't want in your policy. I don't know the specifics, but now the health insurance companies (via the government) gets to tell you what you have to purchase. If dental becomes mandatory, well, I don't have any teeth, but I'll still have to buy dental health care.

As it stands right now, my health insurance (mandatory in Massachusetts) takes ONE/THIRD of my income. With obamacare telling me that I might have to buy more health insurance, I, and all people at my income level, will be thee healthiest homeless factory workers in the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just because a small group of people think it should be a law to wear skinny jeans- doesnt mean that they can force me to wear them.

then have the balls to try to throw me in jail for not wearing them.

I just threw up a lil bit.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Fact 1: There Is No Law in the US Anymore
Fact 2: Obamacare Is an Admission That All Previous Government Healthcare Programs Have Failed
Fact 3: Cost has Already Doubled from Initial Estimates
Fact 4: 70%+ of Healthcare Issues Results from Individual Choice
Fact 5: The Inability to Discriminate on Pre-Existing Conditions is an Essential Driver of Healthcare Costs
Fact 6: The Fines for Noncompliance Are Destined to Rise Enormously

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

top topics

join