It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of an experience like this before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So I have had four experiences that I cant explain and was hoping someone out there has had these and knows what they are. I'm not huge into the supernatural but like a lot of you here I am open minded. I do believe in spirits of a kind but do not believe in them in a traditional sense more of a residual energy left over from the past leaking in to the present type outlook on them. Sorta kinda whatever.

So there were four times in my life where I had what could only be explained as some sort of numbing pain in my brain in the middle of the night. I know they werent strokes so dont try to say that, I have been checked out. It was more like an entity than anything. It felt like my brain was being overinflated in my skull and just moving an inch was extremely hard like my whole body was asleep. Each time it was a struggle to not black out. it was the same pattern as having sharp contractions but in my head rather than giving birth. There was a voice not audible but felt more like a telepathic communication rather than words. More of an intent. anyway the first time I was able to claw my way down the hall to the kitchen and thats where I blacked out. I woke up

the next two times happened in a space of 7 years and the third time I heard a name and I cant remember it.

The fourth time this happened was the weirdest. I had woken up in some sort of building I'm pretty sure it was just a dream but everything was more than real. It was some sort of decrepid building with people in it and the impression was some sort of prison. anyway it was more real than anything I have ever dreamed before and I have extremely lucid dreams. But this was something else. The wallpaper was so old it looked as though it was an off white and brown outside of a bee hive. There we holes in the walls and floors. A few People were bleeding and the smell was retched. The floors were old planks like you would see in some very old abandoned houses with gaps in them. I cant remember any conversations but it felt like I was torn from my reality to another one a sort of place where souls were stolen off to. Anyway in the dream I was trying to look around but The whole brain spasms started again and I kept falling and trying to escape it. Somehow I tore free and my eyes opened up and I was in my room again.

I once thought it was attempted possession but I'm not sure anymore. I think I may have crossed a threshold or been forced through one. Anyway it doesnt make any sense and I was wondering if anyone knew what was up with this. the last time was about two years ago.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You could be right but check out

Types of Migraines and Headaches
www.healthcentral.com...

Also seizure, it can cause many different types of symptoms.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Sounds kinda like sleep paralysis, which is the first step to having an OBE (out of body experience), according to the people who have told about theirs. You were probably in an actual OBE when you visited the place that looked like a prison.
You may want to read up on OBEs, and see if you can learn how to control it.
Apparently, your spirit guide is trying to show you something you need to see.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ah yeah thats actually dead on... Definetly some sleep paralysis I didnt see a link because I didnt realize that it was common to feel an ominous presence and see things. Very interesting

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, it does remind me of sleep paralysis as has been said. And you can feel a sort of....Ominous presence, even though there is none around....

Some may come in and say that it sounds like an alien abduction scenario, but, I think it is smart to take a skeptics approach and go through all the more logical explanations first.

Sleep paralysis is something I have not had in years...But I did used to have it some and each time, I had that same feeling of... dread...Almost as if some one was there with me...And I had to really work hard just to be able to move an inch....

I can remember being a kid and it scared me so much I would try to scream but no sound would come out...Which some how, scared me even more....

But, after a few minutes, it would wear off and I would calm down.... I don't recall ever blacking out with it though....

It is worth looking into, I think

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, reads like a book.
Funny, how you jump to supernatural before all the natural is ruled out. You may just have schizophrenia, or in my thoughts what I call Delusional schizophrenia, in this case you're delusional, and actively blaming the paranormal instead of the psychosomatic. However as schizoids often don't believe they are the paranormal it could be the prior. I'll let you figure that one out, and rethink your situation. Have a great day.

Sincerely skeptic,

Ilyich.

PS. If it turns out it isn't the aforementioned, it could be spontaneous epileptic psycho-kinesis, which could very well be the case as some of the symptoms you have described sound like an epileptic seizure. As well there is always sleep paralysis, narcolepsy, cataplexy, and hypnagogic hallucinations.

edit on 6/25/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich

Hmmmmm, reads like a book.
Funny, how you jump to supernatural before all the natural is ruled out. You may just have schizophrenia, or in my thoughts what I call Delusional schizophrenia, in this case you're delusional, and actively blaming the paranormal instead of the psychosomatic. However as schizoids often don't believe they are the paranormal it could be the prior. I'll let you figure that one out, and rethink your situation. Have a great day.

Sincerely skeptic,

Ilyich.

edit on 6/25/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

I've often wondered how many people that hear their spirit guide talking to them, or are visited by other-worldly entities, are diagnosed as having schizophrenia? How do you distinguish the difference? I bet there are thousands of people on medication right now because they are "sensitive" to receiving messages from "the other side". Not saying schizophrenia isn't real, but does the medical field even consider it could be real paranormal incidents? NO!
edit on 6/25/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Stress can do amazing things to a body. Whether it be physical or emotional stress or just lack of proper sleep. Actually when you have a sleeping disorder or don't get enough sleep, that's when you're at serious risk for all kinds of issues. About ten years ago, I was going through a very stressful time. Won't go into details but I wound up going into a 12 hour seizure and landed myself in the ER. Had every test imaginable, ct scan, you name it. Doctors told me it was related to stress. They couldn't figure out why my eyes rolled to the back of my head or why my personality changed completely while I was having these seizures. Did I mention it was on the same day I went house hunting with my ex boyfriend? And we went into a house that I'm sure was haunted? Never had "seizures" again after episode.

Either way, you'll probably never know what caused it. But migraines and cluster headaches, which I get alot, can feel like that. Sleep paralysis is also a disorder of the brain/nervous system. There could be so many things going on. You might want to keep a journal of things going on in your life, your diet, your feelings so that if it happens again you can look back at that day and try and figure out a trigger. But don't rule out medical issues, if it gets really bad - go back to a doc.

new topics

top topics

join