It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Overturn Will Boost Jobs — But Not Immediately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
story at Newsmax

Obamacare Overturn Will Boost Jobs — But Not Immediately

ObamaCare will be ruled upon by the Supreme Court any day now.

Whether it stands as is, or if it gets struck down partially or completely will certainly affect jobs as well as the entire economy.

Many employers have been stalling in bewilderment as to how they need to proceed in the future.

The Supreme Court’s ruling on the constitutionality of President Barack Obama’s health care law may remove some of the uncertainty that businesses have about the law’s effects on their bottom line, but whether that will translate into jobs is another question.

Economists and business leaders have expressed concern over the job-killing aspects of the law since it was enacted in March, 2010, particularly the individual mandate that requires people to have healthcare coverage beginning in 2014.

Paul Howard, a senior fellow and director of the Center for Medical Progress at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, told Congress last year that there is a critical need for healthcare reform.

But

“Unfortunately, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is not the solution to our healthcare woes,” he said in an appearance before the House Committee on Education and the Workforce. “If anything, the Affordable Care Act ‘doubles down’ on many of the worst aspects of our current system, while adding new cost pressures and problems that will serve as a drag on economic growth and job creation for years to come.”

Howard told Newsmax that overturning the law will be a move in the right direction. “If the Supreme Court overturns Obamacare it won’t end the uncertainty hanging over the economy — too many deficit and tax questions still have to be resolved by Congress. But it will help,” he said.

“Taxes on employers who don’t offer creditable coverage, taxes on medical device companies, drug companies, and insurance companies will all go away. Young and healthy Americans won’t face large price increases from Obamacare’s heavy handed insurance regulations. Smaller businesses, and businesses that employ low-wage employees, won’t have to worry about cutting staff to avoid penalties for not carrying coverage.

“Congress will have to go back to the drawing board on health care reform, and should focus on incremental and less expensive options for expanding coverage and improving health care delivery through consumer choice and competition.”

.... Long winded article with lots of info and "what ifs"

What happens next week ?

What will the "experts" do ??

What will the "unemployed" do if and when they can't afford insurance ??

Obama = Uncertainty either way.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Jobs? Bottom line?

What about healthcare?

Repeal it and THEN WHAT?

Back to the status quo of people getting ass-raped by insurance companies?

Is that what the GOP and their supporters want?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The GOP sucks,,but so does Obama AND Obamacare,,,Do youknow how much this will cost you, obamacare??? 700 bucks a month for Obamacare, if you smokethen 900 a month............are you serious?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

“Congress will have to go back to the drawing board on health care reform, and should focus on incremental and less expensive options for expanding coverage and improving health care delivery through consumer choice and competition.”

What will the "experts" do ??

We'll go to the public option, which is what Obama wanted all along.

Well played, Mr President. Well played.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Jobs? Bottom line?

What about healthcare?

Repeal it and THEN WHAT?

Is that what the GOP and their supporters want?

This is awesome.
Private sector jobs are growing faster than ever and more people are insured.
I really hope they run on this.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
The GOP sucks,,but so does Obama AND Obamacare,,,Do youknow how much this will cost you, obamacare??? 700 bucks a month for Obamacare, if you smokethen 900 a month............are you serious?

Can you elaborate without linking to a rightwing rag?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks a company is going to take the money it saves from having to provide heathcare for its workers and use it hire more workers is fooling themselves. They will pocket the money like always.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You want to know what will 'boost jobs'?

Cut wages dramatically, and gut environmental and worker protections. Jobs will come pouting back into the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

What about healthcare?

Obamacare does not increase access to healthcare. The poor, which are the only ones who benefit even slightly from Obamacare, get free access to healthcare via hospitals anyways, not to mention they have coverage from Medicaid. Children cannot be turned away.. hospitals and insurance eat the costs, and eventually the State pays for their services.

The lower Middle Class will likely be forced away from health options because they will be FORCED to spend a large amount every month on Insurance (because Obamacare is a Fascist monstrosity) and folks like me, the middle of middle class, should expect to see 25-50% increases in premiums. I'll likely dump my insurance and pay the IRS fee.

Is that what the status quo is? If the status quo was being raped by insurance companies, Obamacare is being held down while they and the insurance companies take turn gang raping you.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

obama has kids and would like to live to see them grow up,he is there puppet i work for gas and food i buy my own insurance pay cash for food,ive been homeless eat in food lines i will beg borrow and steal before anyone will tell me we can when i dont want two

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Anyone who thinks a company is going to take the money it saves from having to provide heathcare for its workers and use it hire more workers is fooling themselves. They will pocket the money like always.

Another trick we have been seeing is the "part time" trap.

Many employers (especially the very big ones) have cut hours and made insurance "unavailable" as a job benefit.

Companies say the rates are skyrocketing.

And they have not raised pay scales to compensate.

Now people can't afford insurance at all.

That will force feed Medicaid or a cheap free policy paid by the governments.

That may be the hidden goal afterall.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

You sure do know your right wing talking points.
How about you back them up?

join