It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah girl jailed and strip searched for hair-cutting prank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I have to say, that I agree with creative sentencing, but the punishment has to fit the crime and serve a logical purpose. This was way overboard. AND, if the little girl is really so frightened that she can't sleep at night, then you can bet that judge wouldn't be sleeping at night either.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
AND, if the little girl is really so frightened that she can't sleep at night, then you can bet that judge wouldn't be sleeping at night either.

Explain, please.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by getreadyalready
AND, if the little girl is really so frightened that she can't sleep at night, then you can bet that judge wouldn't be sleeping at night either.

Explain, please.

Can't. Wouldn't be legal or TandC friendly. Just exactly what I said. I typically like judges that think outside the box and do things creatively, but it has to be appropriate. If the judge went this far overboard, and that little girl is scarred for life and afraid to sleep at night, then I can think of a whole lot of ways to return the favor to that judge.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I see. The way you worded it make it sound like it was a present fact that the judge wasnt sleeping well in direct correlation to the girl's lack of sound sleep.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

IF he has a heart, then he shouldn't be sleeping well either, but I have a feeling he hasn't lost a minute of sleep over it so far.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i really dont see the problem here
the girl now knows what its like to be treated the way she treated that little girl (though they probably werent as mean and nasty as the little girls were about it)
if she really has mental problems this probably will make matters worse on the other hand if you look at it as a problem concerning the girls lack of empathy for other human beings its a very effective in teaching that other people are just like you and to see things from their perspective rather than seeing them as some kind of object to be used for your amusement and gain

the mother made a choice and she chose to have her daughters hair cut to avoid what (im guessing) she saw as a REAL punishment that the girl rightly deserved.... turns out the kid really misses her hair (probably just like that 3 year old who cant even express those thoughts) and they were both REAL punishments

community service alone is going to teach the kid diddly poo about empathy it will at best only teach her not to do things to avoid punishment

top topics

<< 1   >>

join