It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Race. Who wins when we all lose???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dearest friends and community members...

I just had one of those random neuron firings that make me so happy to be a member of this eclectic community, because unlike other poor slobs out there, we actually have a forum in which to elucidate our strange notions.

So, this was my most recent thought, what is the human race? Well, I think the common perception upon hearing that term is the embodiment of humanity on earth, that the phrase is descriptive of all humanity, past, present and future. What if the term, however, was more obvious than that, and that it actually meant, quite literally, humanity's place in what I will call here "The Great Race". What if this strange universal experiment is literally a contest, of which humans are placed and engaged. What if there are many such people's (aliens, entities, whatever) who are also engaged in this race, and what if it's akin to the conclusion of The Highlander where in the end, there can be only one, and all are competing for "the prize"?

Well, when you look at the human race in this context, it actually does make some of otherwise inane ramblings seem a bit more sensical. Ok, alien intervention (by the way, just for the record, I'm not a proponent of any alien visitation belief, but I respect people's choice to believe, so I mention it knowing it's widely held by this community). Well, alien groups would represent their placement in this "race" as well, right? So the Pleiadians would be the Pleidian race, there place in competition for the prize. The grays likewise, etc. Why then would some be benevolent and some malevolent. Well, that's just part and parcel to the story of life, isn't it? I mean, good and evil, right and wrong, dark and light. Perhaps the Pleidians would have come to the belief that they can only truly win the prize through the "light" path, so helping humanity actually advances their placement. Nefarious groups philosophize the opposite position.

What about the illuminati? Perhaps these could simply be the Benedict Arnolds of our race, having made contracts and contritions with competing and malevolent races for some share of the prize when their efforts have sufficiently sabotaged the human race to allow for the victory of another.

I'm an ol' Army man, and the one thing we know there (and know here as well) is if you divide, you conquer. Christ even said that house divided against itself cannot stand. Well, look at how humanity is performing in this race thus far...not too well. Imagine the old sack race, or three legged race where two people have one of their legs bound to another and must race toward the finish. Only through teamwork, coordination can they win. What if they were punching and biting each other as they went. What if one member killed the other thinking it would bring about his victory, only to find then that he has to drag the weight of the corpse along with him now, ultimately denying him the win. What if that's what's happening to humanity, that we're so lost and confused we don't even know that the human race is in a RACE!!! And those competitors who are aware, knowing perhaps we're the favorites, are doing everything in their power to disable us by so constantly increasing our infighting that we never take a step forward. After all, you needn't beat a competitor who you have convinced to leave the race...

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

What exactly is "the prize"?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Oh, I don't pretend to know....you know, the prize man! The biggie, the winner...who can imagine it. Just a term I used to describe the reward for the winner of life. For Christ it was being seated at the right hand of His Father with all power and glory and his enemies made His footstools...that's a pretty description.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Chickens. Chickens will win.

new topics

top topics

join