It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not given consecrated hosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How about the Sunday mass hosts that come out of the tabernacle? (catholic). When did they consecrate them? Will they (priests, bishops) claim they consecrate all those tons of hosts every Saturday night or any other day in secret? I haven't seen that. Did you see that - the priest to consecrate many cups with hosts in a weekday in prep for the Sunday mass host giving? Or they just appear out of tabernacle mysteriously, but never being present on the altar during the mass?

If so, we are fed with bread only, and lied. If so, the ceasing of the holly communion is one step away from ceasing the Eucharist itself. That will be the abomination of desolation.

Prove me wrong, but with facts. Better with photos of many cups present on the altar DURING the consecration, and not brought on the altar AFTER the consecration, as the practice is on big masses. I have seen that happening on catholic tv broadcasts online from various churches and shrines. Sometimes, only sometimes the hosts are present on the altar during the entire consecration. It is rare occasion such occurrence, not the rule.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Whoa ...slow down and ween the corruption out.Ease your thinking ability on moderate proportions with relative thoughts.I have saved more people than jesus has
...don,t be so wound up....peace

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Whoa ...slow down and ween the corruption out.Ease your thinking ability on moderate proportions with relative thoughts.I have saved more people than jesus has
...don,t be so wound up....peace

I didn't understand a word he said...

but i didn't see anything that had to do with Jesus either...

So what are YOU sayin bro?

Unless you're catholic i don't think this thread applies to you...

Silly troll..

edit on 23-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Msot Christian groups don't believe that you have to have the stuff consecrated to make it the "body and blood of christ". Besides, since there was a split between the 2 churches, Catholic Priests aren't the only ones who can consecrate, anyway. Heard that one from a Deacon who studies this mess.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The Jesus cookie isn't the Abomination of Desolation.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i know you guys won't get it but I speak for the devote catholics and orthodox who believe the sacraments.

The pope on Holy Thursday didn't consecrate all the oils. He consecrated only 3 small bowls, and not the 3 large bowls who were standing on the opposite side, may be 20-30 meters or so. He did the same way on several consequent years.

I hope there are bishops who read that, especially ORthodox bishops, because they know what it means.
There were present hundreds of Roman bishops on these events, and not even one said a word afterwards. Did they receive holy oils from the small bowls (consecrated) or from the big bowls (never consecrated)? How is it that not even one priest from the Roman diocese speaks on that clearly? Is it just a technical issue and I am just wrong, not knowing the rules of the ceremony? Or is it something more than that?

I will send that thread to the Russian Orthodox Church and to the Constantinople Patriarch, they both have internet pages. This must be known. Let I be wrong and it is a technical issue of no significance. Otherwise - they know what it means. The problem is the pope knows what it means and still is doing that publicly for years.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
1. They most likely just blessed those in the back, in a more simple manner.
2. Does he have to touch them all to consecrate them all?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The Eucharist has always been one of the most important aspects of Christianity. The Catechism of the Catholic Church strongly asserts the "Real Presence" of Jesus' body in the Eucharist; this is to say that the sacrament is not symbolic of the body and blood of Jesus but rather that it is his body and blood. This doctrine was affirmed at the Lateran Council of 1215. Additionally the Fourth Lateran Council confirmed the ancient Catholic teaching, that "no one but the priest [sacerdos], regularly ordained according to the keys of the Church, has the power of consecrating this sacrament" (Catholic Encyclopedia Online). The Catholic Church regards the Mass in which this ritual occurs as a sacrificial re-enactment of Christ's death on the cross, in which the priest "stands in" for Christ who is both high priest and sacrificial victim. Thus, the Mass is a substitute for animal sacrifices performed in the past. In the Catholic Church only males can become priests and perform this sacrifice. Therefore, because the Church states that reception of the Eucharist is necessary for Christian salvation, the laity's salvation is dependent upon sacrifices enacted by a male priesthood.
source
The origin of the word "consecrate" means "To produce the ritual transformation of (the elements of the Eucharist) into the body and blood of Jesus." This practice goes way back in history, and I believe it began with Cannibalism, in that a warrior would consume the heart of a fallen enemy to gain the strength and courage of the man he ate. In some parts of the world, this practice still stands. Cannibalism is mentioned several times in Scripture (Leviticus 26:29; Deuteronomy 28:53-57; Jeremiah 19:9; Lamentations 2:20; 4:10; Ezekiel 5:10. After the global flood, God gave Noah permission to eat meat. "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything” (Genesis 9:3).

"And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." (Lev 26:29)
Seems that God approves of Cannibalism.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Way to quote a curse as if it was something that could be liked by the one meeting the curse out.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
How about the Sunday mass hosts that come out of the tabernacle? (catholic). When did they consecrate them?

The hosts are consecrated during mass. They are in a chalice and in gold bowls that sit on the altar during the mass. When the priest says 'this is my body' and 'this is my blood' .. all the elements on the altar are transubstantiated. The hosts are distributed during communion. Left over hosts are placed in the chalice and then placed in the tabernacle. It's in the rubics.

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
They most likely just blessed those in the back, in a more simple manner.

They have to be consecrated in a mass .. with the correct rubics and everything.
There is no 'simple way' to have them consecrated.

Originally posted by Akragon
Unless you're catholic i don't think this thread applies to you...

Very true. This isn't a discussion for ATS.
It would better fit into the discussion forums at a Catholic site ... like EWTN online.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by autowrench

Way to quote a curse as if it was something that could be liked by the one meeting the curse out.

I do not understand, the quote is a Catholic tenet, not a curse. Can you clarify what you mean here?

top topics

join