It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe lawmakers get circumcised in AIDS fight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Bathing yes. Pulling the foreskin back to clean the tip no. If you're circumcised you dont need to dig the gunk out.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Scientific studies have concluded being circumcised lowers the risk of HIV transmission.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

It is quite obvious to me that Zimbabwe is performing this ritual in an effort to reconcile itself to the instructions of the Hebrew God.

Are you freaking kidding me?

With that one line I am appalled at your ignorance. If you are being sarcastic, I get it. But if you are truly speaking your stance,,,Wow.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I do not think they were kidding. I think they bought into propaganda that there are no benefits to circumcision. This is untrue. HIV and other diseases are much more easilly caught by the uncircumcised.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

It is quite obvious to me that Zimbabwe is performing this ritual in an effort to reconcile itself to the instructions of the Hebrew God.

With that one line I am appalled at your ignorance. If you are being sarcastic, I get it. But if you are truly speaking your stance,,,Wow.

Peace

I was told that circumcision was practiced by ancient cultures because God told them to do so.

I suppose it does make sense that God is psychic and he was telling them to do circumcision, not for anything practical in their own time, but for a disease that would come in the future. nice heads up.

I suppose one could say, "God gave me a tip, so I gave him one back."

Besides, whatever science determined with regards to circumcision and HIV transmission, it did so years ago.

Why only yesterday do Zimbabwe lawmakers decide the time has come to fight a disease that has infected 1 of 10 in their country?

My theory is that Robert Mugabe is a Miami Heat fan and after they won the World Championship he decided to have his nation become circumcised.

edit on 23-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

I was told that circumcision was practiced by ancient cultures because God told them to do so.

I suppose it does make sense that God is psychic and he was telling them to do circumcision, not for anything practical in their own time, but for a disease that would come in the future. nice heads up.

I suppose one could say, "God gave me a tip, so I gave him one back."

Besides, whatever science determined with regards to circumcision and HIV transmission, it did so years ago.

Why only yesterday do Zimbabwe lawmakers decide the time has come to fight a disease that has infected 1 of 10 in their country?

My theory is that Robert Mugabe is a Miami Heat fan and after they won the World Championship he decided to have his nation become circumcised.

edit on 23-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

First, in your attempt to be superior you show you are severely lacking in both wisdom and knowledge. HIV is only one of many diseases that circumcision may help prevent. In fact, in areas without proper sanitation (oh like say thousands of years ago) circumcision is extremely helpful in preventing the spread of diseases. I would tell you more, but maybe you can take your self righteous attitude and learn some humility by doing some actual research into the subject.

As far as why are they only acting now ... this is politics, when have politicians ever moved quickly in regards to known science?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join