It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Replace The US Dollar?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The way things are going with the worlds economy break down and so forth, one day a piece of bread will be able to buy a bag of gold. One day. yes one day................

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
if the local communities are smart, they are asking themselves that same question, along with alot of others.

to me, it seems that bit coin would have much the same problem as the dollar has now, it would be just way too easy to create it out of then air, since it's only bits and bites in a computer, and a computer has an amazing amount of bits and bites! whatever is used, it should have something of substance backing it up, much more than someone signing on the dotted line a promise to pay on a loan or just punching numbers into a keyboard.

if things got bad enough, I could see communities coming up with their own solution, local currencies that could be used to at least buy those things that are produced locally along with cooperation with neighboring communities for products that aren't available in their own community. we'd be going without alot, but, we'd also have alot of idle people who would probably be setting up shop in their own homes producing something!

right at the moment, greece's economy is approaching a standstill. govt isn't paying their debts, companies are getting orders and having to refuse them because they can't get the cash for the materials to fill the order, people working but haven't gotten a paycheck in months, and the bailouts come into the country just long enough to redirect them back out of the country to pay the bills the country owes to gov'ts and companies outside the country.
and since china is so much cheaper, those that are still able to do business are placing their orders with companies in china instead of their usual suppliers in germany, so, it's affecting the entire eu block!

if the us gets that bad, I think it would be time to forget about the world currency, or even the national currency, and start worrying about your own little neck of the woods! concentrate on supplying the members of your own community with what they need and a local currency to pay your employees so they can obtain what they need, and let the rest of the world go to hades if they like...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Carbon credits will replace everything probably, remember Carbon is the beast! 6 electrons, 6protons and 6 neutrons. It causes us to oxidize as humans. It is our demise! Carbon.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
But a digital currency that cannot be controlled by one particular nations seems like a great idea to me.

How is a completely-digital system that is necessarily controlled by those who know how to hack it better than a system where there is at least some form of paper trail (eg: cash)? If I have cash, at least if I wake up and the system has collapsed I still have my paper; if Bitcoin gets hacked, every single cent I have goes away. ????

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Why do I get the feeling you have no idea what you're talking about.

You give me the same impression.
I am not afraid of the Chinese. I am afraid of the Americans.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Ammo & Whiskey

I knew I was being smart.....

edit on 21-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Ha!
The whole bitcoin thing seems like a good idea. We need something that nobody is in control of.

Wrong! My Chinese-loving friend.
Country's are going to go back to the barter system. People are. When the Euro/Dollar collapses, trade is going to go midieval.

goats, sheeps, cows, chickens, people..err women...err camels etc etc

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

What does it taste like? AND don't say chicken! Ha, Ha!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Click here for more information.

Well what ever you said that got you dinged by the decorum police got you a star.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

edit on 21-6-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

That was an absolutely brilliant statement! I gave you a star and I wish I could give you a thousand! You are a Nihilist genius!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HEYJOSE

haha! thx i needed that.
I didn't want to respond to germ again.
edit on 22-6-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Pound Stirling £££ will be the money in future America...

Once America see's the error of it's ways and begs to be taken back into the Commonwealth..

We'll change your States into Shires, and New York will be renamed 'Chippingfell on Sea'.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape

We'll change your States into Shires, and New York will be renamed 'Chippingfell on Sea'.

Nice

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Troc and sharing will replace US dollars

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join