It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Sends 'Gun-Walking' Docs Down the Memory Hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

White House Sends 'Gun-Walking' Docs Down the Memory Hole

www.wired.com

Thousands of documents sought by congressional investigators about a disastrous plan by federal agents to allow guns to “walk” into the hands of Mexico’s drug cartels will now be out of reach. The Obama administration has asserted its executive privilege to withhold the documents — just as lawmakers prepare to vote to hold the nation’s top lawman in contempt on Congress.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
While I'm neither left or right leaning at this point due to the corruption from both sides of the aisle this is the third story in as many weeks where Obama has autocratically used executive privilege to accomplish goals.

The problem with this is he's doing things that are flagrantly against the will of the people with these acts, violating the spirit of what our government is supposed to be about.

I hesitate to use the word dictator here but Obama is acting more and more like one with every passing day.

For those that wish to know what three items I'm referring to the first item was when the supreme court handed down it's decision on gps tracking and the Obama administration said "declared" that there was a loophole and they would continue to do so if they wished to.

THe second autocratic incident is Obama's decision to just not enforce the immigration laws already on the books defacto passing the failed , for good reason, dream act. Not only was this act by Obama flagrantly against the will of the people but it's also just plain bad policy not enforcing laws that are on the books.

And now we have this with Obama just deciding that he's going to shield Holder and the key documents using executive privilege.....

All of this from a president who was supposed to be about transparency, hope, and change. Instead we get something that goes above and beyond business as usual to new heights of Hubris.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Why would Obama invoke executive privelidge on documents he never saw or had anything to do with (or so thats the claim)?

Exactly what is being hidden?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We can assume that Holder will be gone by election time by this poor tactic by the administration. Obama can't win on this because he just lost...and other losses will surely come as Holder eventually exits in an attempt to save the ship. Actually, I don't think that Obama is going to be on the ticket come the fall.

The pun is intended. he has been falling and this will convince some demo holdouts for him that have wanted to hold on to him that it now really is time to look elsewhere for someone that can hold the public's trust.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Probably documents proving that this was all a scheme to take away the 2nd Amendment under the guise of "national security" since American guns made it across the border.

link   
As the article states what is being hidden is a paper trail showing who knew what and when which would obviously be extremely damaging judging by the Obama administration's response to the whole investigation.

Honestly I think those are all great questions, but unfortunately I only have the info available on the article to go with.

link   
Please continue to contribute to the existing thread in this forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

link   
Already Posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I would venture to guess he's covering his AG's incompetent ass. But that's just a guess.

From the sounds of it, there's some illegality goin' on, too. Though to what extent remains to be seen, or rather "unseen" due to executive privilege.

new topics

top topics

join