It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the whole World was Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You would fight over who was baptist and who was Catholic and who was Presbyterian and who was Methodist and who was...

If the Whole world was Islam, you would fight over who was Sunni, who was Shiite...

If the Whole world was Atheist, you would fight over who was black, who was white, who was yellow....

The real reason the world fights is because they are not just like you.

You suck!

"A hit dog will holla!" - Old African proverb
edit on 20-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
People fight over who is black, white or yellow even (and some times especially) when they are religious.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Christians still fight with each, to the death, over who is the right kind of Christian. Britain and Ireland, the Catholic Protestant conflict comes to mind.

Religion sucks!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

If the whole world was Christian.... Everyone would be dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hola is spanish for hello...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife
You would fight over who was baptist and who was Catholic and who was Presbyterian and who was Methodist and who was...

If the Whole world was Islam, you would fight over who was Sunni, who was Shiite...

If the Whole world was Atheist, you would fight over who was black, who was white, who was yellow....

The real reason the world fights is because they are not just like you.

You suck!

"A hit dog will holla!" - Old African proverb

YES!

And why? This is the REAL crux of it.

Because Ego drives us to separate from what we really, actually are. Which is ONE.

Well done, flags and stars and all that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Because Ego drives us to separate from what we really, actually are. Which is ONE.

Why must I acquiesce to your definition of what I am for there to be peace?

I just want to be.

"You label me, so I label you. I dub thee unforgiven."

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

Nah, atheists would fight over uneducated adults. Atheists would set an I.Q. level for 18-year-olds and up, and if that level wasn't met, then those people would lose certain rights.

Stupid people would lose:
1. Freedom Of Speech; why should stupid people have a right to publicly express their stupid views?
2. The right to bear arms. Stupid people certainly don't need guns.
3. The right to drive a car.
4. The right to bear children.
5. The right to marry.
6. The right to use the welfare system.

Then the required I.Q. level would be raised, and raised, and raised until only a handful had any rights at all. Of course, then there'd be war!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also, this is beginning to remind me of a certain South Park episode.

With Otters.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is one of the most stupid threads I've read on ATS.

I'd refrain from going off topic and being needlessly negative if this thread had any merit at all.

Do you believe that Christians think that we would have a utopia if everyone was Christian? They don't and we wouldn't.

Christians are a subset of humans and humans will always find reasons to subjugate others and to cause strife. It doesn't matter if they are Christians, Atheists, Buddhists or New Agers.

More importantly, you are using the colloquial 'Christian' instead of the idealized or 'true' Christian. If the world was populated solely by true Christians it would be a much better place. The same could be said for a number of other religious groups or people that ascribe to set philosophy.

Eric

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Christians still fight with each, to the death, over who is the right kind of Christian. Britain and Ireland, the Catholic Protestant conflict comes to mind.

Religion sucks!

Thats because Catholics are not christians, theyre pagans dressed up as christians and they tried to turn Yeshua into the sungod and changed his birthday to December 25th, the birthday of Sol Invictus/Mithra. So basically its christians versus the pagan fakes and their fake ass Melchizidek Pope.
edit on 20-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

The example of the early history of the United States would show a pretty reasonable example as they were mostly Puritan Sabbath-keeping Protestants fleeing religious persecution from Catholics. These Puritans would be considered 'true' Christians. The foundations that they laid for America made America to be the greatest nation ever in the entire world, a country of great opportunity and prosperity. Over the last 200 years or more America has slowly but steadily moved away from it's Puritan 'true' Christian roots (mostly from the work of the Jesuit led counter-reformation against 'protestant' America). You look at the state America is in at the moment, the immorality it has descended into, lack of opportunity, crisis, that it is now probably the most hated country in the whole world.

There's your comparison, America's early historical foundation creating prosperity versus the Jesuit take-down of America now as a prosperity destroyer.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If the whole world was christian i would be one happy fella.... a good % of the female population would still be virgins. AAAAnd thats where i come in....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If the whole world were Christian, I would feel like Will Smith in I Am Legend

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
The example of the early history of the United States would show a pretty reasonable example as they were mostly Puritan Sabbath-keeping Protestants fleeing religious persecution from Catholics.

Can you please expand on this? What Catholics were the Puritans fleeing from?

Eric

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The world must have been a great and wonderful place before man came along and showed his ugly face and religions, colour, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and so forth........Oh, gorgeous it all must have been.....what a shame it was all spoilt.....................

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Most Christians seem to be in a state of poor understanding for the issues of god. The Abrahamic derived religions stem from the YahWeh/Jehovah distroyer god linked with Enlil from the days of Ur.

The Jesus promoters, if they get things correct, recognize Jesus Daddy, or The Father, as Enki the creator god for mankind.

The problem then being that Christians have not done their real duty to read the Bible Narratives with the fuller understanding of the times of the Elohim (Multiple-gods) and that being linked to the Garden of Eden and the creator god blending DNA to make a smarter human.

But it appears there is a real question as to smarter humans in the case of the brain washed organized religion masses that can't explain that the god of Jesus was not the god of the Hebrew or Abraham.

The Star of David perhaps symbolically presents there are two triune god themes from the days of old. One is Enlil and the other Enki.

Perhaps, when the simple Christian can figure out what theme for god is the better-----then they might find peace and the kinder and gentler times when the lions and lambs both lay down in a common understanding for religious truth.

new topics

top topics

join