It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Century Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Military commanders of the future will have implanted brain microchips enabling them to access satellite information in the twinkling of an eye. A New Army Warrior packing a HERF (High Energy Radio Frequency) gun will watch as two or three Tactical Mobile Robots swarm through buildings, and round up enemies of the state. Uptown, android warriors will be on patrol, safe in the knowledge that they are expendable and replaceable. These visions were once just arrogant fantasies projected by Hollywood, but now the US military is turning dreams into reality, creating a brave new vision for global dominance, vastly augmented by the exponential growth in computing power, developments in neuroscience and biotechnology.

The high tech future of the US military is encapsulated in the document, Joint Vision 2010 (JV2010), which provides the framework for very long range planning by the defense department. The Vision projects a leading US role in peacetime engagement activities, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, peacekeeping and peace enforcement, as well as large scale combat operations requiring forcible entry.

JV2010 is concerned with �full spectrum dominance�, a concept employing technological leverage to ensure the US is pervasive in peace and decisive in war. In a general acknowledgement of US hegemony, the Vision says: �The US is the only global superpower�, and �must ensure it is preeminent in any form of conflict.� This is a direct affront to the �Russian Concept of the World in the 21st Century�, which emphasises the need for multipolarity.

Article Link

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
we have the technology....
we can make him faster....
stronger....

*cue corny 70's music*

I just want a finger laser.....that would be damned neat.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
until you shoot your eye out

* i was jist scratchin' it an' it went off in me eye*

oooh crazy laser eyes!

new topics

join