It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely Existed In The Distant Past Of Our Planet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah sorry, kind of posted that when I just read the first post. By the way, I wasnt meaning that post to sound malicious or anything :p Justsaying history can be just as corrupted. If they can fake medical studies they can fake others. I'm not saying this tread is legit, but based on how much corruption is in everything else, people should question more what they consider to be mainstream, accepted knowledge.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by RealSpoke

Not the questioning of just this, but you ever notice how people only question what they don't want to believe in the first place? It is always the stuff that is out of place that people screamed hoax, ever notice anybody questioning the Mainstream in such a way( and no I don't mean by threads like this).

It goes both ways, to be perfectly fair.. many people WANT to believe something so much that they convince themselves and simply won't accept a plausible alternative explanation ..

I for one don't doubt the possibility of a previous advanced civilization that got wiped out... it could happen to us as we increase our reliance on digital technology to store information .. however, some things are just obvious hoaxes or don't provide enough credible evidence to support such an outlandish conclusion .. plus I find it highly unlikely that any previous civilization invented objects so similar to what we have.. such as a spark plug that looks just like ours.. those kinds of artifacts aren't even worth my time in my opinion.

Items that are similar in function but different by design are believable .. the Baghdad battery for one.. I suspect it was used for gold plating rather than powering up lights or something like that.. that's a pretty interesting bit of technology for the time.
edit on 6/19/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Quite true, chap. It does indeed go both ways. As for the advanced civilizations bit, there was this book that I read once in middle school for reading list. This guy was backpacking in the mountains of like Arizona or something, and got transported into what he thought was the past because everything was so stone age, the people used spears, rode horses, built huts. Then at some point he finds a coke a cola bottle cap and realizes he actually went into the future, and the civilization had been destroyed, sending everyone to the stone age.. Yes it is just a book, but I don't doubt that this kind of thing could have happened before.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Plus debunking hoaxes is a very useful tool in seeing what is left after the chaff has been cleared away. Some artifacts still defy explanation - these are usually the ones gaining dust in storerooms in museums, etc, whiling away the time until we can offer a sensible explanation for them.

Basically, there is all sorts out there for us to question. If we do not question though, we tend to start believing any and everything.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Plus debunking hoaxes is a very useful tool in seeing what is left after the chaff has been cleared away. Some artifacts still defy explanation - these are usually the ones gaining dust in storerooms in museums, etc, whiling away the time until we can offer a sensible explanation for them.

Basically, there is all sorts out there for us to question. If we do not question though, we tend to start believing any and everything.

I think debunking is healthy .. people too often jump straight to the most extreme conclusions and want to believe it so bad that they get defensive when you dare suggest that it might be something more mundane.. It happens all the time in the UFO threads.. As much as I'd love to believe I'm seeing a craft piloted by aliens, the sad fact is that it most likely something terrestrial and mundane.. The process should be to try to find plausible, most likely explanations for what is seen rather than immediately assuming the most extreme first... in my humble opinion

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Quite true, chap. It does indeed go both ways. As for the advanced civilizations bit, there was this book that I read once in middle school for reading list. This guy was backpacking in the mountains of like Arizona or something, and got transported into what he thought was the past because everything was so stone age, the people used spears, rode horses, built huts. Then at some point he finds a coke a cola bottle cap and realizes he actually went into the future, and the civilization had been destroyed, sending everyone to the stone age.. Yes it is just a book, but I don't doubt that this kind of thing could have happened before.

Oh I absolutely agree.. I've had this debate with a friend of mine.. I firmly believe that if we got hit with a massive EMP and all of our computer systems, digital records and the like were wiped out it would really knock us back quite a ways.. almost all modern vehicles would fail since they rely on computer systems.. power plants would go offline.. refrigeration would no longer be able to preserve your food.. large scale farming would collapse .. medical services would be hampered as doctors would be limited to their basic senses with no modern diagnostic aids .. The impact would be far more extreme than most realize.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I have always been curious as to the possibilty of a higher advanced culture maybe "recycling" the earths surface when they departed so they did not leave any traces. These artifacts could possibly be things we wernt supposed to be finding, but accidentally fell through during the "recycling" process.

I know how out there that sounds, but certainly a possibilty.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Also since nothing that we build now is built to last, example being the great pyramid, over a long enough period of time skyscrapers would degrade and eventually fall due to earthquakes, rising sea levels and other natural disasters could do with just about anything that isn't built for the long haul and with the right materials.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The plug is not "embedded" in the rock, it's clearly a hole on the outside of the rock and then the plug simply placed in there. There is approx. 900 plausible theories how the plug could've found its way in there, hoax, scam ($300.000 for the rock, lol) - or simply by some odd coincidence that this object just lodged in that opening.

The hole is also a perfect circle, and the plug "conveniently" just protruding from the hole - NOT embedded or any indication whatsoever that the plug is in some way bound/encased by the rock or would have made its way in there in some "non natural way".-

Not only hoax/scam..but a VERY bad, ridiculous one as well. Laughable.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
People say that if a civilization existed before what we know as the beginnings of civilized society on earth, around the time of ancient Babylon, that we would find evidence.

I have heard it asked why would advanced civilizations live in stone buildings? Or build huge structures out of stone anyway?

But then i look at cars built in the 1960's and left outside. They are rusted and falling apart. The pyramids are still standing, but our steel and metal structures are falling apart well within 100 years.

We build things to be cost effective not long lasting. If an advanced civilization existed on Earth before ours, human or otherwise, and they also used the same materials, it's reasonable to assume they deteriorated as well.

Perhaps when we find sources of rare earth elements, we';re really just digging up their landfills? Old equipment discardfed and left underground?
edit on 19-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Atlantis?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't buy it! The rock for example...

This rock alledgely has 77 percent oxygen in it? You kidding me right? I don't know what it is but..

!. ther are many blue natural occuring rocks on earth

2. A rock with 77 % oxygen would be extremly light and "soft" because it would be pourus from all of the O in it and the speciman is NOT

3. The rock appears to have a concordial fracture similar to quartz.. (there is blue quartz)

I am not an expert but I have had mineralology and this is a natural occuring rock. If it was a manmade stone as the article claims there would be larger formed pieces. I wonder what test were done on this rock. If the original results were not posted then I have to call it a HOAX.

When testing to determine what a rock is and the minerals made of it there would have to be a slice put under an polarizing microscope.

factors like

color
hardness
fracture
texture
composition

here is a great website for the amatuer rock hound

geology.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm quickly becoming disappointed in this site. While there is an overwhelming amount of ooparts, people refuse to question some things... I find it highly interesting that politics and medicine today are corrupt, how could history not have been corrupted as well. Not just specific to this find, but a great number of finds have been blown off and mainstream knowledge is always quoted... Medicine is an area of expertise for me, and regardless of how many doctors, nurses, etc(like all the amateur scientists and mainstreamed), the level of corruption in the pharmaceutical companies and practice is ridiculous... Look at fluoride, yet doctors endorse the hell out of it for "healthy" teeth. Although they can't prove a significant difference between people non fluoridated in, say Scotland, and fluoridated America. They always resort to comparing less developed countries that clearly don't have great health care.

Point being, evidence can always be faked and ANYTHING, can be corrupted even historians and archaeologists. Hell if Joe nobody can fake an artifact, TPTB can fake any kind of documentation they'd like.
edit on 19-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

This is my theory.

12,000 years ago is their line in the sand. You always hear that specific number thrown around - there are just way too many references to it.

They realize if they acknowledge the existence of significant civilizations many tens of thousands of years ago, they will have to also acknowledge these civilizations needed ET help in building some of their monuments - some impossible to replicate with technology today - and they are loathe to admit anything about ET contact.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Oh I absolutely agree.. I've had this debate with a friend of mine.. I firmly believe that if we got hit with a massive EMP and all of our computer systems, digital records and the like were wiped out it would really knock us back quite a ways.. almost all modern vehicles would fail since they rely on computer systems.. power plants would go offline.. refrigeration would no longer be able to preserve your food.. large scale farming would collapse .. medical services would be hampered as doctors would be limited to their basic senses with no modern diagnostic aids .. The impact would be far more extreme than most realize.

That is something most people don't realize the biggest danger is really an EMP burst....destroy electronics; elec grid and everything else dependant on that system. catastrophic to say the least!

That is why I have been reading and looking about how to build mechanical pumps and other labor saving devices.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I won't comment much on the OP's artifacts, as I believe they are hoaxes, but on the first page someone mentioned the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun.

Must have been some giant ants that carved tunnels through this eons ago....

On a serious note: something is wrong with our scientific and archaeological community. Never doubt that there's an agenda in the mainstream, just look at the global warming hoax revealed in 2009 where some top researchers were caught conspiring and manipulating data to show global warming was man-made while censoring or slandering any dissenters.

History is not as black and white as mainstream archaeology wants you to believe. They don't want anyone challenging their system or for people to question their ancestry. If you do, and have any sort of background about you, they will resort to ad hominem and destroy your credibility. I have seen this happen DOZENS of times in various scientific fields. The individual has to discover that on his own tho...because you won't learn it at your (now) government-ran school.
edit on 19-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

they will have to also acknowledge these civilizations needed ET help in building some of their monuments - some impossible to replicate with technology today

What monuments are you referring to? We could easily build anything the ancients built today. They didn't need ET help. But of course, Aliens.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think the obvious answer lies in our hearts as the influence Extraterrestrial intervention and visitation had on early humans..

The true question is; Why are people afriad to admit extraterrestrials exist ? Calling them aliens is pretty racist in my opinion.. its like calling blacks, whites, chinese etc by those filthy names people came up with ..

But seriously, what is to fear? You need PROOF like always... your LIFE realies on PROOF? Your just a robot then.. a total zombie who cannot think or feel for itself. Sad people.. You havent even been to the moon yourself or seen outter space with your own eyes, yet you claim nothing intelligent exists out there but the ones who cant get off the rock, and follow a soceity of deception... DO YOU REALIZE HOW DUMB DOWN YOU ARE?

Non-belivers bug the heck out of me.. its not even a BELIEF as that would catagorize under a religion lol.. its REALITY. Extraterrestrials do not need your opinion to exist in this universe. And you do not need opinions of mainstream scientists to put extraterrstrials in your perception of reality.

There are soooooo many obvious hints that outsiders influenced mankind all these years, still today I belive they are working with humans and influencing (Stealth bomber) .. where do you think the scientists you look up to so much get their ideas? You think stealth bomber technology just came to these peeople one morning drinking coffee? LOL.. Tons of technology our governments are playing with that would blow your minds.

I'd rather put my faith into an benevolent-intelligent-extraterrestrial presence rather a human kind... humans are so stupid and blind! You dont have to look far to find PROOF of their existence on Earth. You just have to open your mind and stop following MAINSTREAM.. I think the sheep anology is a bit old.. humans are more like salmon swimming down a river, right into a bear trap

wakeey wakey peeeps, they're coming to help us
Mentally prepare before you die from shock

Sorry for the half/rant

I really like that blue rock, its beautiful! Never seen it before, thank you OP for bringing it to my awaerness

~ Love is an art

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by Hanslune

I think you need glasses, it looks pretty man-made or ET made to me, why are you afraid of the truth?

They have excavated regularly shaped blocks from the pyramid.................you need to review the information.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

As I noted earlier their are ruins in the vicinity of the hills, they themselves are not 'pyramids'. Wiki has a fair summary of the true nature of the con

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

You think that the Bosnia pyramid is natural?

Absolutely, as does the consensus of the scientific thought, not only that but its a complete fraud, not just misidentification. There are lots of threads on it here, or you can start up another one.

edit on 18/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Which order are you with?

TKOILHLOG, lol actually I'm not a joiner . Are you paid by Osmie to promote his fraud?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join