It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Commander Says Shift To Asia Pacific Steady, Deliberate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not cheering them up. I'm exposing you to tthe fact that your beloved China is no better off than Western Nations when it comes to Corporatism only this time the Chinese Government is in bed with them more so than in the West because in China their Government owns 51%. Or didn't you know that?

Of course I know that. State Capitalism works. They are much better off. They are on the way up. Of course you can bring up pictures of factories and pollution. I could bring up pictures of Detroit. Which would you rather? The whole of America will be Detroit soon. China will continue to advance.

State Capitalism protects its people from corporatists. American corporate capitalism allows the corporatists to sell a country out from under its people. Americas National Debt and high unemployment show that Chinas State Capitalism is the only way to go.

Or didnt you know that?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

You're right. China will continue to advance. For about another decade. Then, when their population begins to advance to a standard of living that no longer allows multinationals to take advantage of them, their economy will implode.

Multinational corporations that have allowed China to boom, will flee for countries like Mexico and Bangladesh where the population is powerless and the governments are willing to settle for the worst trade/labor agreements imaginable. And that's not even beginning to scratch the surface of China's environmental and resource issues.

I give them 10, maybe 20 years at the most. Once a significant portion of their population reaches that middle-class income bracket, their bubble and their Communist government will come crashing down around them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I love hearing Anti-U.S. comments from people in countries that every time something goes wrong for them...they come crying to the U.S. for help. Two World Wars we didn't start...the Soviets invading Countries Left and Right...we win the Cold War...and BITCH, BITCH, BITCH!

Most of these countries can't even protect their own shipping and without a U.S. Pacific fleet protecting shipping lanes....well...look at Africa.

It's easy to Bitch when you have nothing to be responsible for or anything to sacrifice. Pathetic!
Split Infinity

Are you Geramanicus' side kick?
I'm Australian and nothing he says means anything to me or any Australian I've met, save a few Red Chine nationalists who I never bothered to ask..

Still you seem pretty keen on trashing my country and furthering his divisive posts.

I've seen the same play thing out on You Tube. People pretending to be from this country or that, doing everything they can to make people hate them.

Your comment deserves a counter comment, but I won't bother. You don't seem likely to want a rational point of view.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Still you seem pretty keen on trashing my country and furthering his divisive posts.

Well.........................................

Every post from OP,has been filled with Divisiveness........

Even when the truth,is handed on a platter.

And I don't think he was trashing your Country. More to the point,is tired of hearing Anti-American Rhetoric.....,with no logic to base any of it on. Just Opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Actually...I have been to Australia several times and was always treated very nice. I have gone there before going on a.....JOB that was in the area. Although many Australians may not know it...there are a Multitude of U.S. Bases in Australia. This is for some reason denied by the Australian Government...but I have been there and the Locals are well aware.

Australia is a main launching point for Special Ops as well as "CIVILIAN" activities as it is very close to areas of interest. One of the toughest persons I know is an Aussie and after She threw me out of Her Bar after I made a comment about something I know nothing about but it was meant to be a joke...she helped be off the ground and latter that Morning cooked me Breakfast at her place. Still don't know about that Nut Spread or whatever the hell that stuff is called! LOL!

I like Australians and I understand that most are U.S. supporters as well as the U.S. would be there...and we are...in a second if anything or anyone were to mess with Australia. Right now...U.S. Carrier Groups are positioned near the Island as North Korea intends to launch another Piece of S#!% ICBM near Aussieland and since these are made of Heavy Materials...if one should fly off course...and they always do...the shear Kinetic Energy of even one of these Missiles with a Dummy Payload could wipe out several City Blocks if it fell there as an ICBM temporarily obtains Low Orbit then re-enters and the North Koreans want to shoot one and target an area of Ocean Near Australia. U.S. Space Command will track it and at the first sign of a problem...will have the U.S. Navy shoot an ABM...an SM-3 ICBM as well as Satellite Killer to knock the North Korean Missile out of the Sky. This was asked of us by the Australian Leadership and is prudent.

Once the FEL goes fully on LINE....and China as well as Russia are aware of this Free Electron Lasers Capabilities....I doubt very highly that China will be causing any issues and as it is now...the Chinese have not been talking about Taiwan as well as being VERY HELPFUL reigning in North Korea. That Old Soviet Carier China bought is for TRAINING ONLY and even without the FEL...China is NO MATCH FOR THE UNITED STATES. China knows this and has decided that given the insurmountable Military Gap between China and the United States...it makes more sense for China to work with the U.S. rather than be an adversary.

China may have Millions of Troops but that means NOTHING if you cannot FORCE PROJECT THEM....and China could not even move these troops to Taiwan even now without full install of the FEL as the U.S. Navy would not allow Chinese Troop Transports to EVER reach Taiwan. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

The South China Sea does not belong entirely to China.
Just like the Gulf of Mexico does not belong entirely to Mexico.

Countries with coasts on the South China Sea have a right to their territorial waters.
China is bullying those countries out of their waters. Those countries called a bigger bully to
defend them. The US agreed to defend them. If you have a problem with the US being in the area, first take it up
with the countries that called on the US to defend them, and second, I don't know what you're going to do about the US being a Pacific power.

Oh, and just in case, I am not an american.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

For the Most part there has not been any real problems between nations in the Pacific since the end of WW-II

There are no real problems now. The US is wasting taxpayer money by having military in the Asia Pacific.

And nobody here cares about North Korea. It is only paranoid scared America on the other side of the world that goes on and on about North Korea. Who cares if they test fired something? Why does the US think they can tell other nations what they can do? North Korea has not caused anyone any problems since the war.

I can't really say there are no problems now. China won't leave the Scarborough Shoal now that is being disputed by the Philippines. That area of dispute is within the 200 nautical miles exclusive zone of the Philippines and yet China is harassing the Philippine Navy patrolling that area. That area is more than 2,000 nautical miles away from China. China allowed her fishermen to get anything they can get in that area even some endangered species. Even the corals were not spared. China is fast becoming the bully of the region.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why does the US think they can tell other nations what they can do? North Korea has not caused anyone any problems since the war.

Wanna try again?

A North Korean torpedo was responsible for the March 26 sinking of a South Korean navy ship and the deaths of 46 sailors aboard, South Korean officials said.

abcnews.go.com...

Well stop annoying them.

Since you love north korea so much just go live there see how long you last and if/when you come back don't expect us to not say "we told you so"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Do you think that the USA will start fighting Chinese wars now instead of European wars? I often wonder why the USA are fighting wars for Europe, but if they start fighting along side the Chinese then maybe they are the hired gun of the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No problems since the war....did you forget this just 2 years ago????????
N. korea fires at the South.
Them Notherners are so innocent......

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

American corporations are trying to rip us off.

And China is their bride...
Try to have a good night
edit on 17-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Wonder who will be the 'bastard child' out of their honeymoon

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I love hearing Anti-U.S. comments from people in countries that every time something goes wrong for them...they come crying to the U.S. for help. Two World Wars we didn't start...the Soviets invading Countries Left and Right...we win the Cold War...and BITCH, BITCH, BITCH!

Most of these countries can't even protect their own shipping and without a U.S. Pacific fleet protecting shipping lanes....well...look at Africa.

It's easy to Bitch when you have nothing to be responsible for or anything to sacrifice. Pathetic!
Split Infinity

my thoughts exactly. The anti-US whiners obviously are buying into the MSM and/or wannabe internet media outlets. However this whining also reveals how their own government is keeping them in the dark as they have no clue how much help their countries received from international organizations and the US. All I know is that people generally BITCH when someone is doing their job
I normally ignore most anti-US sentiments that I come across people outside of ATS. There is no point.
edit on 18-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

The state of Delaware is the corporate home of over 1,000,000 corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, not for profit corporations and other corporate entities, with hundreds of thousands more added each year. For a state with a small population, this is a lot of companies. Why do so many companies want to incorporate here?
Thats just the tip of the iceberg. There are other states besides Delaware
I have a LLC too so what about it? I am not rich by any means. Even a janitor/maid can register his/her services as a Corporation or LLC in any state including Delaware
I am really curious about your age and heritage and not your nationality which is obvious.

The BRICS will unseat the USD. So America is doomed.
You seem to be favoring BRICS. I am wondering if you're from India or China but living in Australia. Either way, India might be the first country to fall in the BRICS alliance. Just look at the problems facing the EUro

edit on 18-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As china becomes more integrated into the world it will be less able and inclined to exploit its regional primacy in a obtuse or that of a politically obtuse fashion such as taking and obtuse control of other nation states. China has emerged as a regionally dominant power but it is not likely to anytime soon become a global power as it still lacks in military, cultural and control and can only compete on one of the several major components that is needed to be a global power and they can only compete economically. Furthermore china's rise is not to be seen as a threat but rather a good thing in the long run and with the pushing for the one world currency it is safe to say that only the chinese elite will benefit and that in the future their nation will be the regional power that promotes prosperity and peace to a degree and keeps down potential rival states. In short china can hopefully become what the EU is to America.
An anchor in the far eastern mainland that is dependent on America and Europe for its place in the global world order and is dependent on those alliances in order to maintain its regional dominance at the same time Japan will act as the subordinate anchor that is is to the hegemonic american dominance and power in the far east. However control of the eastern asian mainland and a degree of US influence is hard to ever succeed without successful inclusion of the chinese state. China should consider the US an ally as the US has brought them into the global world and is the main reason their economy is a success and the cause for their development and their ties between Europe. It is the United States that is the great arbiter of Eurasian landscape and only with and through the US and Japan will China have relations that are friendly with Europe and with Europe can than in a way have relations that are pleasant with the middle east. Furthermore without a viable strategic consensus from America china would not have or likely have and be able to keep the massive foreign investment that is necessary to their economic growth.
For the united states China as a regional power should be embraced and co-opted into a wider framework and for that of international cooperation can be a vitally important strategic asset and location for the US. American chinese strategic dialogue regarding the areas that both countries wish to see free of domination by other aspiring hegemons is therefore imperative. But to make progress the dialogue should be sustained and serious. Any anti american hegemonic actions by china would only hurt china and isolate them and cut them off From Japan and that of Europe the middle east and that of North America and to a degree South America. Chinas capacity to attract foreign investment would greatly be hindered if it were not for the United States. Furthermore China's own aspirations to be a regional power and to have a position as a key global player would greatly be victimized should they ever take an anti western approach and ultimantley it would only lead to their quick isolation and slow but sure destruction from outside and quick destruction from within.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This recent revelation makes this thread even funnier:

Secret 'war' with China uncovered

A SECRET chapter in the Rudd government's 2009 defence white paper detailed a plan to fight a war with China, in which the navy's submarines would help blockade its trade routes, and raised the prospect of China firing missiles at targets in Australia in retaliation.

A new book, The Kingdom and the Quarry: China, Australia, Fear and Greed, reveals how Force 2030 set out in the white paper - to include 12 big conventional submarines with missiles, revolutionary Joint Strike Fighters, air warfare destroyers and giant landing ships - was being prepared for a possible war with Australia's main trading partner.

The missing chapter focused on Australia's ability to fight an air-sea battle alongside the US against China. The plan was for blockades distant from China but designed to control its sea routes and stop the flow of natural resources on which its industrial engine depended.

www.theaustralian.com.au...
edit on 18-6-2012 by Speakeasy1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Well.........................................

Every post from OP,has been filled with Divisiveness........

Even when the truth,is handed on a platter.

And I don't think he was trashing your Country. More to the point,is tired of hearing Anti-American Rhetoric.....,with no logic to base any of it on. Just Opinion.

I know what you are saying. I'm not making a point of who is the lessor evil. I know what the OP has done.

I only hope he wakes up to himself and stops reacting in kind. Of course he is tired of hearing anti-American comments. On the You Tube video's I mention there are many Aussies trashing someones country too - same reason. It's easy.

I don't want to sound like my mum (but why not, hmm??) but "two wrongs don't make a right"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by bowtomonkey

Actually...I have been to Australia several times and was always treated very nice. I have gone there before going on a.....JOB that was in the area. Although many Australians may not know it...there are a Multitude of U.S. Bases in Australia. This is for some reason denied by the Australian Government...but I have been there and the Locals are well aware.

Australia is a main launching point for Special Ops as well as "CIVILIAN" activities as it is very close to areas of interest. One of the toughest persons I know is an Aussie and after She threw me out of Her Bar after I made a comment about something I know nothing about but it was meant to be a joke...she helped be off the ground and latter that Morning cooked me Breakfast at her place. Still don't know about that Nut Spread or whatever the hell that stuff is called! LOL!

I like Australians and I understand that most are U.S. supporters as well as the U.S. would be there...and we are...in a second if anything or anyone were to mess with Australia. Right now...U.S. Carrier Groups are positioned near the Island as North Korea intends to launch another Piece of S#!% ICBM near Aussieland and since these are made of Heavy Materials...if one should fly off course...and they always do...the shear Kinetic Energy of even one of these Missiles with a Dummy Payload could wipe out several City Blocks if it fell there as an ICBM temporarily obtains Low Orbit then re-enters and the North Koreans want to shoot one and target an area of Ocean Near Australia. U.S. Space Command will track it and at the first sign of a problem...will have the U.S. Navy shoot an ABM...an SM-3 ICBM as well as Satellite Killer to knock the North Korean Missile out of the Sky. This was asked of us by the Australian Leadership and is prudent.

Once the FEL goes fully on LINE....and China as well as Russia are aware of this Free Electron Lasers Capabilities....I doubt very highly that China will be causing any issues and as it is now...the Chinese have not been talking about Taiwan as well as being VERY HELPFUL reigning in North Korea. That Old Soviet Carier China bought is for TRAINING ONLY and even without the FEL...China is NO MATCH FOR THE UNITED STATES. China knows this and has decided that given the insurmountable Military Gap between China and the United States...it makes more sense for China to work with the U.S. rather than be an adversary.

China may have Millions of Troops but that means NOTHING if you cannot FORCE PROJECT THEM....and China could not even move these troops to Taiwan even now without full install of the FEL as the U.S. Navy would not allow Chinese Troop Transports to EVER reach Taiwan. Split Infinity

Thanks for your heart felt (and useful) explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join