It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus, the movie, brings the Sumerian gods theme to the big screen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

No, wont see it until it hits RedBox for $1.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Anyone seen the movie yet? Comments?

Watched the movie the other day. Definitely one of the better sci-fi movies to have been released in the last few yeas (IMO)

First thing that I noticed was that it had "ancient aliens" written all over it. So I wouldn't say it was 100% original.

I don't think it refers to "Sumerian" gods in particular... and I try not to read meanings into the movie.
I knew the movie would expand on the space jockey from Alien, but never imagined that they would be so human like and have a role to play in the origin of human life.

Also, I expected to see a direct connection to the xenomorph.

The big hint is all the Aliens in Prometheus all look like the statue for David by Michangelo, so we are looking at the offspring for these old issues called the Annunaki.

Eh, are you talking about the engineers?

How do they all look like the statue of David, apart from the fact that they are muscular?

The engineers are hairless... have completely black eyes and are around 9 feet tall?

edit on 16-6-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

but never imagined that they would be so human like and have a role to play in the origin of human life.

They were so human-like to make fun of Abrahamic derived religion where it is said we are made in the image of God. By making the engineers to be not so special and a rather degraded and brutal race it was poking massive sticks at Jews, Christians and Muslims alike (but particularly Christians with all the cross references) and how ridiculous they must be for praying or worshiping this creator(s).

The movie was, at a religious message level, classic Hollywood Luciferian propaganda. The creator made out to be a cruel tyrant, the Christian made out to be a moron and delusional even in-spite of the glaring 'facts', and Lucifer (Prometheus ship) sacrificing himself to be the savior of humanity from the creators bloodlust.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

By making the engineers to be not so special and a rather degraded and brutal race it was poking massive sticks at Jews, Christians and Muslims alike (but particularly Christians with all the cross references) and how ridiculous they must be for praying or worshiping this creator(s).

The movie was, at a religious message level, classic Hollywood Luciferian propaganda. The creator made out to be a cruel tyrant, the Christian made out to be a moron and delusional even in-spite of the glaring 'facts', and Lucifer (Prometheus ship) sacrificing himself to be the savior of humanity from the creators bloodlust.

And yet.... the christian is the sole human survivor, not to mention the main protagonist?
Also note that its the atheist (Milburn), proclaiming "300 years of Darwinism"....who is proven wrong and dies a horrible death by an alien creature?

Also, the ship didn't sacrifice itself... the humans operating the ship did so. Which was pretty noble IMO.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The movie is already stirring much deeper thought. This will be good for folks to question the details.

While they began the movie plot with a constallation, they didn't get specific as in the Orion Constellation associated with Nimrod shooting arrows at it from his Babylon Ziggarat. They did find the theme of human like DNA in a superior intelligence, existing beyond the confines of Earth.

The theme did get close to the Annunaki return theme with them not being happy about the Earth, so much so they wanted to biologically distroy the humans of Earth. A bit of Revelations with massive Earth distruction of life.

It will get interesting as folks begin to think at higher levels for the issues of the City of Ur and the Abraham Creator god, Yahweh/Enlil, and their similar origins to the Prometheus theme. Enki and the father concept for Noah's line----to include Nimrod.

Even more interesting that Nimrod protested the Abraham god, Enlil, so much that he superceeded Yahweh by making himself and the family line as god.

Then we go on down the line to the times of Jesus, and the father (Abba) concept being Enki.

Lots of problems to sort out on the Elohim. Anu the top. Enki the offspring human creator. Enlil the offspring that doesn't approve of humans. Thus, the theme of another type destruction of humans on Earth via biological weapons, not flood.

But that Enki theme might be why the girl gets her cross back from the Android, who appears to have feelings for the woman and is acquiring a sole of sorts. The problems had just began when she found out the Android infected her significant other.

The sequels might get into the Enlil side and the Enki side of the coin of the gods.

Too bad all the biblical stories are so badly written and detailed so weakly. But, the movie will surely cause a stirr in the minds of the younger set to question many of these poorly detailed issues for religion.

edit on 16-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Creator gods, that were just products of the Natural Order, thus not gods at all

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Too bad all the biblical stories are so badly written and detailed so weakly.

This is not the case. There is enough evidence out there to prove the Biblical version of Sodom and Gomorrah, that is, it being destroyed by brimstone (molten sulfur) over an alternate (alien nuclear weapons) version. There is enough evidence out there to go a long way to proving absolutely the Hebrew exodus from Egyptian. There is enough evidence (mostly geological in nature) to show that the Universal Flood happened (and at the time in earth's history that the Bible said it occurred, roughly 2900BC) and that the Gilgamesh alternate story on careful examination of the details in it shows that it is a fiction. There is enough evidence from the analysis of the resurrection of Jesus that he was not only a literal historical person but did indeed raise from the dead to proof his supernatural claims to be God (able to conquer death).

I can back up all these statements if you wish but it will require much reading on your part (and to watch a few videos). It annoys me greatly when I see the counterfeit version of origins from ETs being trumpeted above or put on the same level as the Biblical version when, from the evidence I've come across, only the Biblical version is substantiated archeologically, scientifically, historically ect while alternate versions have been discredited based on factual evidence.
edit on 16-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
There is enough evidence from the analysis of the resurrection of Jesus that he was not only a literal historical person but did indeed raise from the dead to proof his supernatural claims to be God (able to conquer death).

I can back up all these statements if you wish but it will require much reading on your part (and to watch a few videos). It annoys me greatly when I see the counterfeit version of origins from ETs being trumpeted above or put on the same level as the Biblical version when, from the evidence I've come across, only the Biblical version is substantiated archeologically, scientifically, historically ect while alternate versions have been discredited based on factual evidence.
edit on 16-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

I don't have an issue with Mother Nature having knocked off Sodom and Gomorrah, after all it was on a very active fault zone with typical volcanic linked effects, compounded by associations with petroleum deposits. Most call Mother Nature's disasters as Acts of god.

I can also find Moses Mtn of Fire close to Midian and a nice big volcanic Rift zone close, along with more oil deposits that cook off lots of flammable vapors. All those more Mother Nature's effects. One can even find the Red Sea Crossing has issues with a fault zone and land bridge that enabled the crossing.

I am sure you know how proof works on your Jesus claim for him being god, so we'll need certified archival court copies of all the ORIGINAL writings from the archivists of the original documents. If you don't have that there is no proof, just handwaving.

You have to have extra-ordinary proof to show someone is god. Like, show us the god in person and we'll check. Or, lets have some photos and medical records. Me thinks you don't have Proof, just an opinion. And some writings of superstitious people, that doesn't mean much.

Otherwise all the god things were just the derivations from the times of Abraham and the City of Ur and his dealing with the Annunaki remnants there. Nimrod got the idea he'd be god, since he had the bloodline from Noah going on back to the Creator gods issue.

It appears some of these issues linked to Creator gods of Supreme Beings were not myth, as today's science can do these type things. There was a jump between Homo-Erectus to the Homo-sapien. There were impossible descriptions for Earthbound people of other planets on our solar system.

All appears keyed off these Sumerian Zaggurats, that became various other things like Nimrod's tower. Egypts pyramids, Myan pyramids. All those Nasca lines and drawings only viewable from above.

The probability is high for other life in space, and really really low that Jesus was anything other than just a man trying to straighten out a big religious mess left over from Abraham's dealings.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

but never imagined that they would be so human like and have a role to play in the origin of human life.

They were so human-like to make fun of Abrahamic derived religion where it is said we are made in the image of God. By making the engineers to be not so special and a rather degraded and brutal race it was poking massive sticks at Jews, Christians and Muslims alike (but particularly Christians with all the cross references) and how ridiculous they must be for praying or worshiping this creator(s).

I hate to bring this up, but do you realize just how brainwashed a statement like that sounds? Damning any other historical fact because it is not included in the bible you hold so dear? Always naming "Lucifer" in your posts even though it was only mentioned once in your book, and is a Catholic/Latin word? Claiming Satan is behind everything not Christian?
You are fast showing yourself to be just another self styled Internet Preacher.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Well, I am no stranger to reading, and if you can "prove" that these stories in the Bible really happened the way you say, then by all means post your proof. You can begin by posting absolute proof of Jesus, outside biblical sources. Truth is, without a Bible handy, you cannot prove anything you said.

I can back up all these statements if you wish

I wish. Waiting patiently.

Sodom and Gomorrah
The only "God" that rained down fire here was Enki.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Well, I am no stranger to reading, and if you can "prove" that these stories in the Bible really happened the way you say, then by all means post your proof. You can begin by posting absolute proof of Jesus, outside biblical sources. Truth is, without a Bible handy, you cannot prove anything you said.

I can back up all these statements if you wish

I wish. Waiting patiently.

Sodom and Gomorrah
The only "God" that rained down fire here was Enki.

One has to roll on the floor laughing to claim being able to prove Jesus is god.

I'd say Enki didn't have to do a thing to take out Soddom and Gomorrah, as the Rift Zone emissions produced the sexual problems and the long term volcanic rift issues finially blew the area up.

In the world of nuclear weapons, they had a lot of problems with exposures to hydrogen fluoride-----the same stuff volcanic rift zones emit. Long term low level exposures to hydrogen fluoride caused so much problems with the Manhattan Project they had to change all the lab windows from frosted glass to clear glass to keep workers from having sex on the job. One of the worst of the HF emissions plants had a huge sex for money thing going on the night shift even in more recent times.

One would expect some rather interesting sexual perversions to occur from natural areas that experience the same long term low level effects. It also accumulated lots of sulfur deposits near Soddom and Gomorrah, and the Dead Sea's slow cooking off of asphalt tar could easily turn into a lake of fire if the oil deposit in the rift was released to the top of the Sea to catch fire from the Sulfur Bombs.

That deal appears due to Mother Nature's dual actions of releasing chemicals into the environment to make for increased sexual factors, and as the rift effects worsened the sulfur and oil caught fire and was released.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have already posted to you previously on another thread on Sodom and Gomorrah and you ignored it. I will post here again though for MagnumOpus's sake. I should have a good post out on this stuff (Hebrews exodus, Universal flood too) in the next day or two.

The post on Jesus being God confirmed by independent sources outside of the bible is going to have to wait for maybe 2-3 weeks though. I already know it can be proven from information I have read in a couple of books by Lee Strobel but the data is not fresh in my head to reel it off. I am currently reading the most comprehensive and authoritative work on this subject by Gary Habermas (and I am only about 10% of the way through it atm but the evidence is already devastating to every non-christian already). I want to put out a full comprehensive separate thread on just this issue alone combining both Habermas and Strobel information but seeing that 5 other books also have my reading attention right now (and I have another big thread planned on another very important multifaceted subject, things aren't gonna happen too quickly).

Speaking of which....one of the others I am going through is The Enemy Unmasked. The second chapter lays it out very well the Jesuit origins of the illuminati (mostly as a preservation mechanism as the Jesuits in the few years prior had started to be thrown out of basically every other country they were in and at this stage they were down to Germany, Russia and one other country that would harbor them. They were creating a new front organization for themselves combined with Rothschild money. You said you have researched the illuminati 9 ways to Sunday and still can't find the head, I say read at least the first two chapters of the book and the head will be proven and exposed. I have jumped around a bit on what chapters I have read so far but I can say the chapter on the CFR is a worthwhile read for sure too, I would suggest you read the whole though. Have you started on Petrus Romanus yet? I am about 40% through at this stage (although I could help resist reading his late chapter on 'The Queen of Heaven' first, the subject was just too tantalizing).

Sorry MagnumOpus for making you wait a bit, perhaps you'd enjoy reading The Enemy Unmasked in the meantime as well (seeing that I saw you were in error in a previous thread concerning the current relationship between secret societies like the illuminati and the Vatican)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Claiming Satan is behind everything not Christian? You are fast showing yourself to be just another self styled Internet Preacher.

Seeing that the Angel from the Abyss (referencing Satan/Lucifer.Devil/Dragon) is named Apolloyon (Revelation 9:11), seeing that Apolloyon is a confirmed variation on the name Apollo and both Apollo and Prometheus are merely another name for Osiris.

"Since the all-seeing eye represents the Egyptian Osirus, let's look at who Osiris is. He committed incest with his sister, Isis, which resulted in the birth of Horus the Egyptian god of the dead as well as a Sun God .. Osiris is known by many other names in other countries ... In Thrace and Greece, he is known as Dionysus, the god of pleasures and of partying and wine ... Festivals held in Dionysus' honor often resulted in human sacrifices and orgiastic sexual rites. The Phrygians know Osiris as Sabasius where he is honored as the solar deity (a sun god) who was represented by horns and his emblem was a serpent. In other places, he is known by other names: Deouis, The Boy Jupiter, The Centaur, Orion, Saturn, The Boy Plutus, Iswara, The Winged One, Nimrod, Adoni, Hermes, Prometheus, Poseidon, Butes, Dardanus, Himeros, Imbors, Iasius, Zeus, Iacchus, Hu, Thor, Serapis, Ormuzd, Apollo, Thammuz, Atus, Hercules, Shiva, Moloch, and believe it or not, BAAL!" Burns, "Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated", p. 359

And also from Alister Crowley we learn that this Angel from the Abyss (this 'perfected man') is both masculine and feminine in nature so all the corresponding feminine 'goddess' also mean Lucifer/Satan/the Devil/Dragon

Which such a comprehensive list you should count yourself lucky that I am so restrained in fleetingly using the correct terminology just so you aren't getting too annoyed all the time
edit on 18-6-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
JesusGarlic,

I see a problem on the Horizon called Parasitic discussions that do not include the theme here on Prometheus, the movie's muse, and the similarity of Sumerian region associated gods issue. And that movie being used as an awakening theme for younger folks to read more on the Sumerian themes of Orion, Anu, Creator gods, and such that the movie touches upon, but not by use of the historical names and constellations.

You appear to be zooming off on a tangent with Rothchilds, Illuminati, and your various opinions being grouped under a theme here that does not seek to discuss that here.

You appear to be very young and think you have found the answers for all that is religion and all that seeks the control of human kind. I even sense some evangelism issues with your Jesus is god theme and I can prove it, which I can't seem to connect into this movie discussion. You appear yound and I am very old, and can see that your drive is strong, yet reckless and not always well reasoned. I can tell that I will differ with you ideals significantly already.

If you want to get into your issues with all these various parsitic themes, then do so, but make a theme that speaks to this issue as its topic and do your thing. If the topic gathers my attention, then I may make comment there.

Don't do the typical game of loading up a theme with off-topic commentary because of what ever passes into the mind at the time. Focus on the theme title for comments here.

edit on 18-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Focus on the subject, always speaking of the theme and connecting the thoughts to the theme-pro or con.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join