It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones vs nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have had the subject of drones on my mind today. There has been so much crazy drone news lately and there is also this:

Illuminati drones?

I had always seen that card in the context of UFOs, but now it suddenly makes a lot more sense for them to be drones. It is actually doable and a real possibility.

Ok the crux of the thread is drones vs nukes. I am interesting in hearing from knowledgeable people regarding the present and future capabilities of UAVs. I am wondering if they can be used as a means of disabling an opponent's nuclear arsenal. Is it viable to send a fleet of stealth drones to a large enemy territory and have them take out enemy nukes? let's say you launch you drone fleet and then some time after launch your own nukes. The enemy responds and as the opponent's nukes leave their silos your stealth drones are waiting to take them out. What other scenarios are possible. Are there no viable means of doing this. Subs would be orders of magnitude more difficult. Could sub launched missiles also be countered with drones and how?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Now just imagine this same technology that's currently mounted on this 747 and minuteurized small enough for drones...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

All I gotta say is "Black Ops 2".

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Drones arent that fast or efficient. They are good at surveilance and lobbing a few missiles but havign them take out nuclear missiles? I would think we have something in place already that is much mroe efficient on that front unless drone technology increases immensely.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

If you have seen the movie The Day Earth Stood Still. Remember the swarm that was dissolving whole buildings and weapons and people. Those were supposed to represent nano bots.

Nano bots are the REAL interesting future for "drones" or autonomous machines. It's not science fiction, it will be around within our kids lifetimes.

The really big stuff sparks our imagination, but it's the really small stuff that's powerful. Think virus.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I can't understand how people talk with such a certainty about a subject kept above top secret. How can you tell what kind of technology the military has today? How can you say that for a drone carry a nuke, it must evolve? We, as common citizenz, have no access to the top technologies, its completelly feasable that a drone with such a capability already exists...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The drones will be really hard to tell from UFO's....Spying or Confusing the skies..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Your title made me though about this

Hope they never put nukes on drones
just imagine if one day such drone is hacked

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

it depends on who is in charge

nukes win unless

a real leader is in charge

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Russian Tor-M2es are very capable of shooting down drones and they were improved based upon lots of real world war situations for instance the anti- air defense campaign against Serbia.

Drones would be useless against countries that have a Good SAM systems like Russia.

A single missile would cost less than a 172 million dollar drone.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler

I can't understand how people talk with such a certainty about a subject kept above top secret. How can you tell what kind of technology the military has today? How can you say that for a drone carry a nuke, it must evolve? We, as common citizenz, have no access to the top technologies, its completelly feasable that a drone with such a capability already exists...

Why do you assume that everyone here is a "common citizen"? I can assure you that it is not so. So you counter with "but but If you are involved in these things then your clearance prevents you from speaking" No. Many people have worked closely in related fields and can extrapolate from what they know. Then again there are other ways to "leak" info from real black projects. Sometimes this is even authorized. This I can assure you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Your title made me though about this

Hope they never put nukes on drones
just imagine if one day such drone is hacked

The ultimate false flag...and no drone required. Think about that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by thecrippler

Why do you assume that everyone here is a "common citizen"? I can assure you that it is not so. So you counter with "but but If you are involved in these things then your clearance prevents you from speaking" No. Many people have worked closely in related fields and can extrapolate from what they know. Then again there are other ways to "leak" info from real black projects. Sometimes this is even authorized. This I can assure you.

Oh, sorry Mr. Know-All-Secret-Stuff, I didn't know you were in possession of top military secrets...

top topics

join