It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's court says parliament is dissolved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Egypt's court says parliament is dissolved

hosted.ap.org

CAIRO (AP) -- Egypt's highest court on Thursday ordered the country's Islamist-dominated parliament dissolved, saying its election about six months ago was unconstitutional.

The Supreme Constitutional Court ruled Thursday that a third of the legislature was elected illegally. As a result, it says in its explanation of the ruling, "the makeup of the entire chamber is illegal and, consequently, it does not legally stand."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This is not good news and I suspectd that it will lead to violence as the Muslim Brotherhood wil lose many seats. Also in a seperate ruling the court threw out a law passed that bans prominent members of former Mubarak government from running for office.

"The ruling said the legislation was not based on "objective grounds" and "constitutes a violation of the principle of equality," leading to discrimination on "illogical grounds"

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I find this objectionable, although I would rather that Egypt elected its parliamentarians without knowing their religious persuasion. However, not being Egyptian, it is not my business in that regard. However, I think the ruling which removes the right of the electorate to bar candidacy on the part of former regime members is ridiculous. There is such a thing as legitimate discrimination. For instance, you would not give Anders Breivik a janitors job in a Muslim or Jewish place of worship (I would give him nothing but a blade across the throat, and a burial in a nuclear waste ground but thats just me).

Giving the old regimes members a seat in the new parliament is like inviting cancer into a body that has almost died from it several times...

"LIVER? SCREW MY LIVER!! Now... pass the Jack Daniels!"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Such a shame. Egypt is a beautiful country which I have visited many times. Fair enough the old regime was corrupt, but at least the country functioned and they had reasonable tourist trade etc.

Whilst I absolutely respect the right of the Egyptian protesters to choose their own leadership and the way the country is run, at what price will freedom come, if it ever comes at all.

Good luck to all the people of Egypt, you're going to need it over the next few years.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I do not understand the problem here. Under the constitution 1/3 of seats where suppose to go to independents as it sounds like Egypt wants to make sure there is no majority party that can run amok with its legislation. This was not achieved in the last election so back and do it again.

As for members of the previous party before the revolution, it would be nice to think that the people would know who where the good ones and the bad ones.

So if this is another conspiracy, who is pulling the strings and going to take the prize?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is wonderful news. The CIA and black ops who put their Fourth Reicht feudal Brotherhood and Sharia and Burkas in place, and going around all over the place trying to abuse the human race and violently abuse women and children have been told NO! Not on my watch!

Google Banna, and the Nazi's. This is NWO. And this whole agenda is TPTB's baby, and they like to really harm women. Every woman forced into a burka, and raped into them in France, and every young muslim girl who is brainwashed to believe it is godly to wear them by this evil group of brutal abusers of humanity HAS TO END, and it was all done by our PTB, and this is their plan.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The CIA insights all these riots, and props up the rebels, and they begin by poisoning the local drinking water. Read all about it in other accounts given. And then they brutally start murdering the women and children and then blame it all on the other side. Its obscene. Then in the end, they hand out the Burkas.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join