It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Shootout 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The crew over at Armed Forces Journal have once again collected the most informative and impressive entries from the annual Shootout at Blackwater exhibition for military & law enforcement agencies and posted them online.

This article covers armor piercing ammunition to ZM carbines and most everything in between. Some of the featured items are:
  • Extreme Range Sniping Systems
  • Submachinegun and Machine Pistol Innovations,
    including the popular FN P90 & Glock 18
  • New Battle Carbine Designs
  • Latest night-vision systems

Of course, there are the now famous videos of the demontrations, all on their page. (Not included in this event, there is additional video of an XM-8 rifle demonstration on the same page.) Start out with the link below.

Shootout 2004

Related ATS Discussion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cool find Spectre
I like that F2000 that thing is interesting looking. The video of them doing the endurance test on the M-60 was great

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is serious business, I know, but when I see that M60 test I just picture the rangemaster yelling out, "Cleanup on asile four!"

In all seriousness, my opinion on best segments were the Blended metal]/b] annunition and body armor demos. Technology marches on.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah I was amazed with the body armor test. I couldnt believe that the plate stopped a .308, It cracked the plate in two but did not punch through the armour. They also said it could stop a 7.62 AP round that is very impressive. Its good to know we have some really smart people working to develop new technology to better protect our troops.

I didnt really understand why the quick release for the vest is need. Is there a reason why they need to be able to take it off so fast?

Just watched the 40MM video WOW that thing has a kick to it.

[edit on 4-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I didnt really understand why the quick release for the vest is need. Is there a reason why they need to be able to take it off so fast?

Convienence is my best guess. The Level IIa I had was slow to get on & off and was HOT. Would be nice to get it on/quick. Maybe also to treat/transport a soldier who was wounded despite the vest?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I guess that would make sense in the event of a wound getting the vest off quick could come in very handy. When I saw that I kept think of a poor guy getting the pull cord snagged on something while he was breaching a room and his vest just falling off.

On a side note about the armour I got a magazine today that sells these plates I think. A Gamma plus level III+ DEFEATS 5.56, 7.62 NATO and 7.62 X 54mm
that last one is a very big round , the same bullet fired from the Russian SVD sniper rifle. I have never seen this level of protection for sale to the public before. It has a price tag to match the preformance $550 for the plate alone.

www.actiongear.com... =4206590

new topics

top topics

join