It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel accuses Syria of genocide, urges intervention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Israel accuses Syria of genocide, urges intervention

www.vancouversun.com

Vice Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz urged world powers to topple Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the same way that last year’s Western-backed campaign in Libya overthrew former strongman Muammar Gaddafi.

Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...

The British minister's comments came as Syrian government forces pounded areas in the central province of Homs on Sunday, in a renewed push to regain control of rebel-held territories. Activists said at least 38 people had been killed in shelling there over
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foreignpolicy.com
www.cbc.ca

edit on 10-6-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There you have it Israel just like William Hague are urging for intervention, yes you read the lines correctly Israel urges intervention and accuses Syria of genocide.

(In separate comments, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the Syrian government was slaughtering civilians with the support of Israel’s arch-foes Iran and Hezbollah. “The world should understand what kind of environment we live in,” he said in remarks to his cabinet that were later broadcast.)

Is anyone surprised by this? i am currently am no, looks like the foreign policy magazine was right if a intervention does happen, it wont be for the Syrian people but for Israel.

Once again just like CNN has been doing it it looks like that William Hague has now compered Sryia to Bosnia as well and he urges a intervention in Syria.

The same intervention in Syria that Russia,China, Iran have been opposing since the start of the conflict and personally i would agree with the Russians on this.
If we go into Sryia we are going to open a door in the middle east and a door that might will be closed.

A door a full of bad apples.

A foreign policy magazine admitted and as well a CNN article that the real reason for a Sryian intervention wont be about the Sryian people but for Israel and due the fact Sryia is a close ally to Iran.

So in other words these so called Freedom fighters arent fighting for there freedom but they are for Israel interests as noted above.

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Genocide on what race?
Or country?? Their own?
edit on 10-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You remember the supposed Massacre in houla? thats what he supposedly is referring to.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, not Israel, exactly. Just Vice Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz . The Prime minister has not made any comment on the subject either way.

Netanyahu has steered clear of explicitly calling for military intervention in Syria, telling Bild newspaper last week: “That’s a decision for the leading powers who are now talking about it. The less I say as prime minister of Israel, the better.”

A Netanyahu spokesman declined to comment on Mofaz’s remarks.

Read more: www.ottawacitizen.com...

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

A foreign policy magazine admitted and as well a CNN article that the real reason for a Sryian intervention wont be about the Sryian people but for Israel and due the fact Sryia is a close ally to Iran.

A link to those two sources would be a useful addition to your thread.
edit on 10-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

But mark my words Sryia isn't like Libya, and Russia, China have both have opposed an intervention from the start if it happens its going to be an regional war.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

A link to those two sources would be a useful addition to your thread.

I already did added the foreign policy link its there
still looking for the CNN one i did have it before.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Is it my imagination or does Israel exist just to stir the pot over there?

They're God's chosen people all right. He chose them to start wars which they themselves won't participate in.

Passive-aggressive Israel, STFU.
edit on 6/10/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Israel, Syria is causing genocide

10 Palestinians died by the hands of isarel after Israel said this

what about the israel genocide

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Is it my imagination or does Israel exist just to stir the pot over there?

Pretty much.

Plus, it got a lot of the jews out of europe and n. america.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It's not the article you may think of, but Zakaria from CNN published this in TIME :

The Case Against Intervention in Syria
By Fareed Zakaria Monday, June 11, 2012

www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2116135,00.html

In Syria, the brutal regime of Bashar Assad is testing the proposition that repression works. The massacre of civilians in Houla is only the latest example of what appears to be a strategy of making no concessions and using maximum force. To the Assad regime's way of thinking, Egypt's Hosni Mubarak and Libya's Muammar Gaddafi erred by hesitating, emboldening the opposition and sowing doubts among their supporters. So far, Assad's strategy has worked. Kofi Annan's mission, which appears to be based on the idea that Assad will negotiate his own departure, seems utterly doomed. The U.S., the Western world, indeed the civilized world, should attempt instead to dislodge the Assad regime. Is there a smart way to do it?

For a number of reasons, military intervention is unlikely to work in Syria. Start with the geography: unlike Libya, Syria is not a vast country with huge tracts of land where rebels can retreat, hide and be resupplied. Syria is roughly one-tenth the size of Libya but has three times as many people. Partly for this reason, the Syrian rebellion has not been able to take control of any significant part of the country. Nearly half of all Syrians live in or around two cities, Damascus and Aleppo, both of which seem to remain under the regime's grip. Sporadic night attacks in other places recur, but they don't expand.

(...)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's disgusting that people will actually buy what Israel and Netanyahu says.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
It's disgusting that people will actually buy what Israel and Netanyahu says.

I don't blame them, most middle east politics are like wild animals fighting each other

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
pot kettle black

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's more news on Israel
Israel president hopes Syria rebels 'will win'

The Snake finally speaks eh?

Israeli President Shimon Peres urged the international community on Sunday to bolster efforts to stop the bloodshed in Syria, and said he hoped the rebels "will win" their struggle.

Sounds to me that the Free Sryian Army are tools of Israel apparently and its strange that Israel is only talking about this now.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So in other words these so called Freedom fighters arent fighting for there freedom but they are for Israel interests as noted above.

You sir, are a strange case.

Just because Israel happen to support what the rebels are doing, does not provide conclusive proof that the rebels are somehow carrying out Israel's pre-defined will in Syria. Stop making out like your threads have proven anything of the sort - there is no evidence anywhere but in your own mind that this is the case.

You know, I personally believe that there is an agenda in Syria, and that the Western PTB are looking to escalate the conflict. However, you are single-handedly making the legitimate conspiracy community, who suspect something of that nature to be occurring, look utterly dumbass with comments like the above.

I'm starting to think you're a tool of the PTB, employed to make their nefarious plans appear ridiculous and beyond credible belief to Joe Public - reading through your threads makes it hard to be sympathetic to a possible conspiracy as the actual trigger behind the events in Syria.

EDIT TO ADD - I can't believe how many members are biting at the bait you're offering.

edit on 10-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not surprised in the slightest.

However, this puts the US and Israel in tough positions. Possible intervention could lead to a regional Russia/China v Israel/US/NATO backed arms war. Both backing the opposing factions in Syria.

Honestly, as bad as it is. All countries should just but out and let Syria and its people do its thing. Its rough, but its the only way to keep political madness from ensuring more long term war efforts.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what about palestinian genocide?? they've got those people essentially decaying behind a wall, in 07-09 and beyond, they were dropping bombs and shooting them...GENOCIDIAL TERRORIST MENTALITY

wheres the outcry over the massive hypocrisy behind this???

it's only fine WHEN WE DO IT.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My message to israel.... S T F U.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Here's more news on Israel
Israel president hopes Syria rebels 'will win'

The Snake finally speaks eh?

Israeli President Shimon Peres urged the international community on Sunday to bolster efforts to stop the bloodshed in Syria, and said he hoped the rebels "will win" their struggle.

Sounds to me that the Free Sryian Army are tools of Israel apparently and its strange that Israel is only talking about this now.

The FSA and now the newly developed SNC...Israeli/American (Western) proxies.
Assad Government... Iranian ally, Russian proxy, and by association Chinese malefactor.

Removing Syria is more of a symbolic move then geo-political strategy.
They want to degrade the East's resolve and ability to respond as we continually gain control slowly but surely.
Removing them piece by piece rather then all at once shows the sophistication behind our attack method.
When we need to, we can use mass yet restrained force, evident within Iraq and Afghanistan.
combined with blackops and intelligence warfare, Libya.
We are simply showing our capabilities one step at a time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join