It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceShipOne wins X-prize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well it looks like SpaceShipOne of Scaled Composite has won the $10 million Ansari X Prize. I wanted to say what a great job they did
. Alot of people said they would never do it and they would die trying. But they proved them wrong this morning.

Last week, Richard Branson, the British airline mogul and adventurer, announced that beginning in 2007, he will begin offering paying customers flights into space aboard rockets like the SpaceShipOne. He plans to call the service Virgin Galactic. They are already taking reservation for $200,000.

aolsvc.news.aol.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think it's cool, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of "anyone' going into space.

It would have to be strictly enforced and anyone going up without permission from the FAA would be, IMO, grounds to be shot down. There's just to much in space that is vital to our national security to let any "yee-haw" go up.

I know that many may disagree, but it's not like anyone can go up in an airplane now without having been licensed and filing a flight plan. I talking about pilots who follow the FAA rules and regulations.

There are pros and cons to this endeavor.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah the FAA was there for this flight. They need permission from the FAA to fly, the FAA also plans to regulate this new form of space travel.

You are right people have alot of mixed views on this subject. I can agree with some FAA regulation myself.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
sorry a thread has already been started on this topic here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread locked

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Moved this post

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

join