It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. observers in Syria come under fire as crisis boils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just posting this as believe this is the 'flag' false or otherwise that could ignite a mid east war. Hope not. Peace.

CNN.com
edit on 7-6-2012 by RestlessNRG because: link edit

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Something is in the works as we have all suspected for a long time.\

Thread hereUN observers shot at in Syria

Who's to say that it is Assad's men doing the shooting and not someone else in order to set the world alight.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion at this stage that the majority of Syrians don’t want the [Bashar] Assad government to stay in power. I think it’s much more complicated than that, In fact the evidence of a national uprising against Assad is relatively limited.

We are seeing sporadic outbreaks with a lot of localized brutality, but that is not the same thing as a cross-country civil war.

On Moscow’s firm and consistent opposition to the Western countries' stance on Syria I think Russians have a stake in larger cooperation with us, but not on terms dictated by us. That’s a very significant difference.

If we act simply on the basis of emotion and sort of vague threats that the Russians have to be forced to be good boys, we are going to produce a region-wide outbreak in which the issues within Syria will become linked with a conflict between the Saudis and the Shiites, Iraq will become destabilized, Iran will be involved.

We’re going to have a major international problem in our hands with political and economic consequences that are very serious.
edit on 7-6-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Its getting uglier by the day. My nuclear war images are becoming more frequent as I fear this will escalate out of control. I dont want to die in a bang and flash. I hope the worlds leaders are aware that it is all very good and well hiding in your nuclear bunkers but eventually one has to come out onto the surface and all they will find is a radioactive wasteland and quite possibly mutant surviors. Not a nice future and one that will last at least 10,000 years before the radiation even starts to disappear and become non lethal to humans.

new topics

top topics

join