It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last day of your life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hello all, woke up today and wanted to live this day like it is my last. Cliche I know, however, it's going to be a long 10 hour shift at work and figured I shall make the best of it. My life has been a general mishmash of strange happenings and life opportunities missed. I didn't try and kiss the girl I loved in high school. Never sought a higher position in a previous fun job. Married the wrong person and subsequently ended up divorced, and on and on. Today though I am going to do everything my way. Whether that is to spend time with those I love, donating a ton of my possessions to someone in need, buying toys for the local humane society, or eating the best steak of my life. I am going to live as though my last hours are at hand, and in today's times who could say that it's not possible. So while I am doing that I will leave you with some quotes that I like and hope that someone else takes the same challenge as me. Good day to all, may you make this day special also.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover – Mark Twain.

Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant - Robert Louis Stevenson.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu.

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - Albert Einstein

You are not in this world to live up to other people’s expectations, nor should you feel the world must live up to yours – F Perl.

”It’s impossible” said pride. “It’s risky” said experience. “It’s pointless” said reason. “Give it a try” whispered the heart - Anonymous

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I wish you succeed in your doings today and I hope you will do it tomorrow, too.

Enjoying life is important.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

So long as it isn't a manic phase of depression, giving to others is laudable. If it's to find relief from stress, then all the best. However, the best is when you really celebrate the freedon you still have and include your five senses in the experience, imo.

I've thought of doing that, however we do have to think of those who would be left behind too, such as making a will or discussing with your loved ones the way you want to be buried or disposed of afterwards. Too macabre you say? Just think of how this will really free you up to then do what you want.

Anyhow, check back in and give us a progress report, won't you? I hope your day is truly a wonderful discovery.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Nope, no depression here. Just have always wondered how things would be with a time table laid out. Day is going good, planning some things for later in the day.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

This is a beautiful concept!

Fear holds many of us back from reaching for something that we may truly desire... fear of failure, rejection, hard work, etc...

And in the end, plenty arrive at old age filled with regrets of what might have been.. when that happiness and attainment was available to them all along, had they only had the courage to dismiss their own fears and inhibitions.

It takes great inner strength to push all of this aside and follow your heart..

edit on 7-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join