It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Mercenaries, how to pay our national debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am aware I will get flamed for this thread so let me preface it by saying I'm being satirical... or am I.

So it goes without saying that America has chosen the route of an Empire in the world. We (America) have bases throughout the world, in more than a 1/4 of all countries. But at home we are going broke, actually, we are broke. The one thing we still do best, however, is WAR. So I propose we become the foremost mercenary force the world has ever seen.

The way this would be manifested is like such: The Iraq war, this country was ruled by Saddam, a Sunni dictator, but is a majority Shia country who hate him. These Shia agree to give us x% of their oil wealth and we will overthrow there evil dictator. The situation in Syria, this country is ruled by a Alwahite Shia minority (only about 10%) but is a natural arab nation, we agree to overthrow Asad in exchange for something of value to us.

You see where I am going with this. I wouldn't take on just any country's fight but ones that wouldn't cause WWIII and had something to offer would be fair game.

Also, we charge (or extort) protection money out of the countries we have heavy presences in like: Germany, South Korea, Japan, etc. If the Germans want to have no military of their own and rely solely on the US to protect them from some imagined Russian invasion then they pay! If the South Koreans want the US to spearhead any defense from a northern invasion then they pay! If Japan wants the US to protect them from the Chinese who would love to cut their throats then they pay!

As I said this is semi-satirical. I, personally, believe in a world of blacks and whites where shades of gray (:lol
means your not trying hard enough. So dang it, if the USA is going to be an empire lets be the most extorinest, bullyinest, expandinest empire ever!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The idea is to fight for peace not to propagate conflict. The US military is not a contract element we work for the people of The US defending the Constitution according to our vows.
PRCs aren't numerous enough to do that.
How about legalizing a certain Schedule2 substance and taxing it?
Put Hemp back into US industry.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It could work in theory and i see where you are going with it.

But as it is already, you go to Iraq, dispose of the leader, and let the oil companies move in and have free reign over all the oil, why take X% when you can have it all

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If our military is used by request somewhere,

I believe we should be paid for it. Why should the American people have to foot the bill?

That goes for UN and NATO actions as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I understand that. Grew up in a military family. And understand the creed, but we all know that's not what there actually used for.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

That would be great if America was guaranteed to win all those contracts. Many of the most lucrative contracts have gone to Chinese companies. Iraq is a "sovereign" government and can award them to anybody technically.

new topics

top topics

join