It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Year Old Involved In Break And Enter At Childcare Centre In Northern Australia .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Good evening fellow ATS members .

As i was drinking my coffee this morning there was a news flash on the TV that took me by complete surprise and i thought i had to let you guys and girls know about this .

Here is abit of a snippet from the article , im sure you will find this as shocking as i did upon hearing about it .

A FIVE-YEAR-OLD boy was among a group of children who went on a rampage and trashed a Townsville childcare centre.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the area , Townsville is located in north QLD on the North East side of Australia . Apparently there was a group of them ages 12, 8 and 5 with one more child who's age is unknown to me at this time . The five year old and the eight year old were detained at the scene while the two other children escaped .

One of the most amazing things that i heard on the news this morning was that the five year olds mother didn't even know the child was missing and she had the nerve to blame her child's behavior on " Behavioral Problems "

The damage bill equated to roughly five thousand dollars that the center has to pay for out of there own pocket .
These children absolutely trashed the place . Here is a photo .

Centre director Kristen Leedie said the mess took six staff members three hours to clean up.

You can read the article from the local area newspaper here .

Apparently the centre was broken into last Monday as well .

I would love to know what the memberships thoughts on this subject are and all viewpoints and opinions will be respected . I just want to let you know that not all parents in this country are as irresponsible as the above people are . This truly is shocking .

Thank you very much for your time .

Omega85

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

The 8 and 5 year old will get away with it scot free. The 12 year old won't because minimum limit to charge a child in Australia of any crime is 10 years of age.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Geesh, the criminals are getting younger these days. I met a kid yesterday who looked like he was maybe 16-18 years old, turned out he was 12!! I was like so flabbergasted. Kid was 6 feet tall and did not look like he was 12. Can't believe his friends are training the 5 y ear old. Society has gone to hell in a hand basket, that's for sure.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Ouch, that is one heck of a rough first chapter in the life lessons for those kids.,

To say that the kid has behavioural problems doesn't really do anything other than blame the child, which seems harsh since it is the parents responsibility they didn't do this in the first place, the parents should all pay the combined total, or at least do everything they can to right what is wrong. I would expect that it would be proper punishment for the kids and their parents.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

It's best to teach them young. If they got away with it they could have gone on to do more vandalism. Hopefully the kids and their parents are given a boot up the ass for this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueCollar1975
reply to post by Omega85

Ouch, that is one heck of a rough first chapter in the life lessons for those kids.,

To say that the kid has behavioural problems doesn't really do anything other than blame the child, which seems harsh since it is the parents responsibility they didn't do this in the first place, the parents should all pay the combined total, or at least do everything they can to right what is wrong. I would expect that it would be proper punishment for the kids and their parents.

I agree , the response was such a typical "Pass the buck " sort of response .
I really hate that .

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
S&F for you.
When you told me about this story in the chatroom last night, I had to check it out, and I was stunned to learn the ages of the kids involved. The parents should be made to pay for the cleanup, and the kids themselves should be made to do the cleanup, to teach them a lesson of the consequences of their actions.
Mind you, when we had the autumn riots here in the UK, a lot of the rioters on camera looked like they had been drafted in from primary school, very young and roaming the streets, being encouraged by the older kids to join in with the looting.
Whatever happened to parental discipline?
I personally blame the do-gooders that got corporal punishment banned in schools, these days kids have the attitude of "I can do anything I like, and you can't touch me for it".

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't know if that's the actual picture of the place but...
Looks like all that got trashed was some good food, which is a shame, but certainly not the worst thing worthy of media coverage.

Bad parenting makes bad kids, often...

Food fight!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I like how the emphasis of this event is on A FIVE YEAR OLD BOY. Like he would have had ANY comprehension of what the consequences of his actions would be. Young kids, especially preschoolers, are nothing but pure energetic chaos without adult supervision and direction. Put a bunch of kindergarteners in a room and don't give them any direction or rules. What would you expect to happen? My twins are 8 and I have to be on their heels constantly or they'd tear up the house in a heartbeat.

It is absolutely the parents'/guardians' fault for this. Who lets a 5, 8 and 12 year old roam the streets alone? Bad parents, that's who.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i feel bad about that water melon that got broken.
what a world we live in.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey ,

Just so you guys know , it wasn't only foodstuffs that were damaged , There were also computers , cameras and electronics destroyed as well .
I sincerely doubt that a childcare centre would have stockpiled five thousand dollars worth of food .
Unless of course they were ATS members ?

Omega

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

It is absolutely the parents'/guardians' fault for this. Who lets a 5, 8 and 12 year old roam the streets alone? Bad parents, that's who.

Of course it is , I haven't seen one person challenge that fact , most of the replies in this thread have emphasized that exact point in one way or another .

Omega

new topics

top topics

join