It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one noticing flaws in my body possibly from our crap city water?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I realize this thread is not about fluoride but the op'ster has shown concern about drinking water, so
here is more about what fluoride is and what it does to us

Fluoride: Where Does It Come From? What Does It Do?

Fluoride comes from fluorine, an elemental gas that Webster's describes as pale, yellowish, flammable, irritating, and toxic.

In 1977, the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) published the following information
on fluorine: "Fluorine and some of its compounds are primary irritants of skin, eyes, mucous membranes,
and lungs. Thermal or chemical burns may result from contact.... Even when they involve small body areas
(less than three percent) [fluoride] can cause... poisoning by absorption of the fluoride through the skin."
Brief exposure to inhaled fluorine can cause "sore throat, chest pain, irreversible damage to the lungs
and death. Gastrointestinal symptoms of nausea, vomiting diffuse abdominal cramps and diarrhea
can be expected.
Large doses produce central nervous system involvement with twitching of muscle groups..., convulsions
and coma."

Fluorine is the active ingredient in Sarin (the nerve gas used to deadly effect in a March 1995 Tokyo subway attack) and in Flusilazole (a fungicide that, in the early '90s, caused crop damage and human
ailments in 40 states).

www.nofluoride.com...

Fluoride is also used for isolating Uranium Isotopes and much, much more.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

hey Jordan....yep, a state water quality inspector told me that all the city water treatment plants are just outside of their tolerances on adding the four basic chems to the water we drink. specially in the summer...then we arrived at the new treatment plant and he went in sure enough, the histogram on all the charts were off and when he told the operator, a little session went on for a couple minutes about that very subject

edit on 4-6-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua...our new King

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
reply to post by boncho

Remember I am not saying that this is from the water, i simply posted this just to see the anwsers from others.

Weird, I thought your title of this thread was:

And then you go on to say how contaminated the water is, but you haven't had it tested.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Fluoride is also used for isolating Uranium Isotopes and much, much more.

Anyone who has taken a basic high school chemistry class (and payed attention) understands that this is one of the weakest fear tactics available. Fluoride is used for isolating uranium isotopes is it?

During nuclear reprocessing, uranium is reacted with chlorine trifluoride to give UF6: U + 2 ClF3 →UF6 + Cl2 [edit]

Wiki

I raise you a banana.

This isn't the fluoride found in water. Completely different.

Basically you saying the potassium in a banana could be responsible for Oklahoma City.

edit on 4-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Without tests there would be no way to know for sure what is effecting your knees or your stomach. Seriously, there is more than Fluoride out there that should scare you.

Fluoride is more the "accummulative" effects of years that will play heavily upon the person's body, and at 17, this would mean by 30 you will likely be wheel-chair bound.

Personally, I would guess to say that you are taking in too much refined sugars and high-fructose corn syrup and as a result your joints are killing you.

Here is a good overview for you to consider: Foods that Cause Inflammation

I encourage you to quit Fluoride at all costs, even toothpaste, and I especially think that all of your water should be filtered from this day forward, I just do not think you have the right diagnosis yet.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hi health fans.

I did a Ctrl G to search for "organic" and did not find it.

[OFF topic]
For the OP: Did it not cross your mind that your FOOD is also the problem ?

I HOPE all of you, who answered in here, eat WELL ??
I HOPE ***nobody*** eats junk/fast food ! ! ! ? ? ?

Since we "waked up", we switched to almost 100% ORGANIC
and feel much better, in the body and in the mind ! !
This way you avoid:
aspartame, nutrasweet, and similars,
GMO, MSG. . .
You cut on: sugar, salt, false corn sweet. . .etc. . .
. . .and lots of words ending with ********ITE crap. . .
. . .you know what I mean ? B-)
We LOVE "short" ingredient lists, on the labels !! B-)
[ON topic]

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Im only 17 but i still take this thought into recognition because the floride levels in our water are out of the park.

You sent your water away for testing did you? What was the level in ppm?

I went back and reread the OP but I didn't see where they ever said they sent a sample out for testing. I know the public water supply I use lists the PPM of fluoride as well as many other contaminants on their website (assuming one trusts the results presented) I just assumed that is how they came to the "out of the park" conclusion.

I too would like to see the PPM of fluoride whether from the utilities website or from independent testing as "out of the park" is somewhat lacking in precision. I agree it shouldn't be there at all but not unlike radiation, a small amount of poison in your diet is probably good for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I encourage you to quit Fluoride at all costs, even toothpaste, and I especially think that all of your water should be filtered from this day forward, I just do not think you have the right diagnosis yet.

Most inexpensive (Brita, PUR for example) filters will not reduce fluoride, check their website before buying one. You would need steam distillation, or maybe Reverse Osmosis (not sure about that one though) to remove the fluoride. You can buy distilled water anywhere they sell "drinking water". Look at Wal-Mart drinking water, source: Little Rock Municipal Water Supply, it will contain fluoride as will any soda you drink or soup you eat or pretty much anything else not made with distilled water (or well water).

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Wow, this is even worse then i knew about and i that was bad enough!!
I seriously just cant believe that so many people are ignoring this... Thank you for the useful info and I hope the people that read this really wake up.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

Remember I am not saying that this is from the water, i simply posted this just to see the anwsers from others.

Weird, I thought your title of this thread was:

And then you go on to say how contaminated the water is, but you haven't had it tested.

Holy #... you are either the biggest smart ass ive ever met or just a retard.
"Remember I am not saying that this is from the water, i simply posted this just to see the anwsers from others."
"Am I the only one noticing flaws in my body possibly from our crap city water?"
NOTE: "I am not saying that this is from the water"
NOTE AGAIN!: "POSSIBLY FROM OUR CRAP CITY WATER"
go read the #in dictionary dude!

And OBVI i dont need it tested, because many many people, even rich people, people with the people on their side, have PROOVED THIS. If you dont know about all the crap in our water... well then i feel sorry for you.
Go have fun drinking your 100% government tested Purified drinking water

edit on 6/4/2012 by jordanAKbramsen because: sent too early

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And OBVI i dont need it tested, because many many people, even rich people, people with the people on their side, have PROOVED THIS. If you dont know about all the crap in our water... well then i feel sorry for you. Go have fun drinking your 100% government tested Purified drinking water

It's very simple. If you are concerned about your water supply and believe that the stated components of the water is not what is posted (As most cities provide that information) you can have it tested.

There was an ATS member in the past that wanted to have theirs tested, (Can't recall the circumstances) but that's about it. Pretty basic. There are hundreds of companies out there that will do a test for you. They mail you a kit and you send it back to them. Anyone on well water would be familiar with this.

I'm not sure what the rich people have proved. Can you enlighten me?

The additives to city water is no secret, so I'm not sure what you are getting at here....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
How does the saying go... "If you need to know anything just ask a teenager while they know it all.." or something like that.
Did it occur to you that if it was anything to do with the water supply then it would not be just you, a few people on a forum or even a 1000 people. It would be basically the entire population of the city? Everywhere you go does everyone complain about these symptoms? How many people in your house have these symptoms?
I assume 'being awake' is the new definition of being hysterical, open to suggestion from any source and a bit simple...

haha, again people assuming im TELLING them that the city water is killing me... -_- seems more to me like you think YOU know it all? well... NO ONE DOES. Oh and HAHAHA yeah actully i have been noticing that alot, thanks for reminding me
My friend always complains about his hip/ knees hurting him. This occurs in my dad as well, my cousin who is a hardcore athlete and drinks TONS of water, Im sure if i did some kind of survey i would end up with anwsers like this.
Let me inform you on what being awake really is (Attention sleepers): Being awake- You have opened your eyes and you are aware of things the government is doing to you. Ex: FLUORIDE IN OUR WATER! (Which is RIGHT below the lethalness of arsenic, why dont you put that in your cup and drink it? >
) Lead, deposits from the pipes, and much more. Or how about the vote tampering? with the delegates? its been done before... Or why weve been in this war for 11 years? Or bilderburg, yeah thats all okay with us...
WHY DONT YOU JUST WAKE UP?!?!

Oh, and here is my PROOF that fluoride does destroy bone strength and can cause pain upon to you:
articles.mercola.com...
www.relfe.com...
www.mamashealth.com...
"The earliest signs are aches and pains in your joints, nausea and stomach problems such as vomiting and excessive flatulence. You will become constipated at first but it will eventually lead to diarrhea. Extreme thirst will lead to excessive urination." I just read this, but oddly enough I have actully had those EXACT same signs, 100% same #.
And someone said if i am feeling like this at this age i may be in a wheelchair at the age 30, well you know what that wouldn't suprise me more... thanks gov

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So you say there is NO fluoride in our water?!?! hahaha, well tell that to CNN, www.cnn.com... TELL THAT TO FOX, www.youtube.com..., tell that to ALL the people who must be wasting their money on research and studies on fluoride in our water. If you still dont believe this then, sorry. The rest of us know while Something has you hypnotized, because even the GOVERNMENT is telling you there is.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Without tests there would be no way to know for sure what is effecting your knees or your stomach. Seriously, there is more than Fluoride out there that should scare you.

Fluoride is more the "accummulative" effects of years that will play heavily upon the person's body, and at 17, this would mean by 30 you will likely be wheel-chair bound.

Personally, I would guess to say that you are taking in too much refined sugars and high-fructose corn syrup and as a result your joints are killing you.

Here is a good overview for you to consider: Foods that Cause Inflammation

Well, there are tests that prove fluoride can and does damage joint health and bone structure and also can target your stomach too.
www.mamashealth.com... ,there are also many many more sites that say the same.
When i was younger i did eat kind of alot of sugars, but i have slowed down alot these last couple years. But i wouldn't be suprised if i ended up in a wheelchair at 30. This is fox news saying that there even putting litium in our water?!!! www.youtube.com...
I didn't give proof, so it seems about right that you would assume i dont have the right diagnosis yet, but now i provided those sites. Im still not saying that it IS the water that is the cause for all these problems i am experiencing, but i am leaning heavily towards it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I would GLADLY have my water tested, i would be happy if someone sent me a kit.
I still am not getting exact numbers, but I can pull a site up, Yahoo news saying that "The announcement is likely to renew the battle over fluoridation ... The Environmental Protection Agency released two new reviews of research on fluoride Friday. One of the studies found that prolonged, high intake of fluoride can increase the risk of brittle bones, fractures and crippling bone abnormalities." Also on the same site "The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has announced plans to lower the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water for the first time in nearly 50 years. The change in policy is based on a fresh review of the science." articles.mercola.com... scroll past the vids if you just want to read the info.
"For further information about the dangers of fluoride, you can watch the video above about a farmer who sued an industrial company that injured and killed his cows with fluoride emissions. You can see how the animals' teeth were destroyed in the most painful of ways." This is enough proof to me that there is way the hell too much fluoride in our water, i dont care what the numbers are its too high.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

So you say there is NO fluoride in our water?!?! hahaha, well tell that to CNN, www.cnn.com... TELL THAT TO FOX, www.youtube.com..., tell that to ALL the people who must be wasting their money on research and studies on fluoride in our water. If you still dont believe this then, sorry. The rest of us know while Something has you hypnotized, because even the GOVERNMENT is telling you there is.

Quote me where I said there was no fluoride in water. It is a commonly known additive and it is not hidden.

From the ADA:

Fluoridation of community water supplies is simply the adjustment of the existing, naturally occurring fluoride levels in drinking water to an optimal fluoride level recommended by the U.S. Public Health Service (0.7 - 1.2 parts per million) for the prevention of tooth decay. Water that has been fortified with fluoride is similar to fortifying milk with Vitamin D, table salt with iodine, and bread and cereals with folic acid.

Source

because even the GOVERNMENT is telling you there is.

I thought this was all because you don't believe the government, and are under the impression there are unsafe levels of fluoride in the water. Where is your logic here?

Being awake- You have opened your eyes and you are aware of things the government is doing to you. Ex: FLUORIDE IN OUR WATER! (Which is RIGHT below the lethalness of arsenic, why dont you put that in your cup and drink it? >

Yes. But water itself will kill you if you drink too much. Especially that which is low in electrolytes, like distilled or reverse osmosis water.

Lead, deposits from the pipes, and much more. Or how about the vote tampering? with the delegates? its been done before... Or why weve been in this war for 11 years? Or bilderburg, yeah thats all okay with us...
WHY DONT YOU JUST WAKE UP?!?!

If "waking up" means buying into every fear mongering conspiracy on the web, and looking it all at face value with no skepticism at all, to the point we are flailing our proverbial arms in forums.. Then I guess I'm feeling sleepy.

Oh, and here is my PROOF that fluoride does destroy bone strength and can cause pain upon to you:

Have you been diagnosed with skeletal fluorosis?

I just read this, but oddly enough I have actully had those EXACT same signs, 100% same #.

Those symptoms include about 100 other conditions that could be causing them as well. Thank god our doctors don't earn their degrees from watching/listening to Alex Jones reruns, right?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The other poster was speaking about chlorine trifluoride. That is not added to water. This isn't the fluoride found in water. That is a true statement. That does not mean there is no fluoride in water.

The main reason you wont find this in water is because of the following:

ClF3 is also violently reactive with water

Source

It will not even mix with water.

Before you think "Oh but that's because there's fluorine in there, that's why it's so dangerous..."

Enter Sulfur Hexafluoride. Fun little party trick.

Link.

Like I said, it helps to have taken basic chemistry in high school....

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Those symptoms include about 100 other conditions that could be causing them as well. Thank god our doctors don't earn their degrees from watching/listening to Alex Jones reruns, right?
Well when The "anti-gov" people and the govenment have the same story... then you got a true story.
Yeah, and i saw that site, the same one where they say the waters safe to drink? well, we'll belive what we want to.
"Yes. But water itself will kill you if you drink too much." That is if you can drink a full bathtub of water in a day, and if its city water half a tub would probably kill you instantly id say.
www.fluoridealert.org...
"State authorities said yesterday that the accidental spill of 1,000 gallons of fluoride into the city's drinking water supply probably would have gone undetected if the kidney patients had not become ill."
There was 1000 Gallons of Fluoride "Spilled" into the city water?! And NO ONE WAS NOTIFIED?!?! that just sounds like 100% bull to me.
And below it is another "Spill" in a city. These "Spills" must happen quite alot huh? Yeah its okay, lets keep drinking the water.

Look, we could seriously debate about this stuff for days, but i have work later. Im just gonna drop this.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And below it is another "Spill" in a city. These "Spills" must happen quite alot huh? Yeah its okay, lets keep drinking the water.

You realize you quoted two articles, one from 1979 and one from 1982?

"Yes. But water itself will kill you if you drink too much." That is if you can drink a full bathtub of water in a day, and if its city water half a tub would probably kill you instantly id say.

Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed at a high quantity without giving the body its proper nutrients it needs to be healthy.[2]

Source

There's a large number of other things we consume daily that can be considered poison, or is toxic in high doses. I don't see a need to go through them all though....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join