It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation leak in Russia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Since Fukushima I've been following the EURDEP public map from time to time, which monitors radiation levels in and around Europe (eurdep.jrc.ec.europa.eu...). So far, nothing out of the ordinary but today I've checked again and since the last time I checked, a couple of days ago, a high reading (shown by a purple dot) has shown up in a place that looks as if it's in the Gor'kovskoye region North of Moscow, near the Volga river.

Nothing in the news about this that I can find.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

Well that was quick - it's gone again today. Looks like nobody else saw it...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting, take some screenshots and/or save the pages, be nice to help see it, in retrospect

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OP, join and post your question on this site, if anyone knows these posters might:

enenews.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thank you again for the link.
Funny thing - I haven't been able to access the Eurdep map for several days, and have just managed to get it again - with all the dots representing Russian records removed. Russia is still on the list of countries by the side though.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good news - Russia has appeared again today. I won't keep giving a running commentary - only if something else strange happens...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like another big leak in Hungary this time, HU0219 - Szeged-radkem tanszek (Hungary) Lat: 46.2ºN, Long: 20.1ºE, HoL:--m., HoS: 104 m. (Purple dot on the map)

Got a screenshot this time - not sure how to post it on here. "Image" asks for a URL, which I don't think would be any good because you have to click in an "acceptance" page before you can see the map, which would then be the one current when someone looks it up, rather than the screenshot as now.

If someone can help, how to paste in a screenshot image, I can post it here.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is still interested in this - yesterday, another one showed up, this time at Mawgan in Cornwall, UK. Like the others, disappeared again today.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2

Mawgan- a village close to Porthleven, which is where my grandfather taught for a while..
But Mawgan has no nuclear power station, so in that instance the "power-station leak" explanation wouldn't apply.
There would have to be a different, perhaps more innocuous, explanation, which might apply to other cases.
What that explanation might be, I've no idea.
Cornwall is supposed to be one of the areas in Britain where the rocks are a natural source of radon. Not being a scientist, I couldn't say whether that would be capable of jumping the reading.

edit on 20-6-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Yes, I'm not sure where these readings fit in where there is no nuclear facility. This evening there is one of these elevated readings at Fessenheim in France, where there is one. Perhaps a clearer picture will emerge over time. EURDEP suggest that there could be anomalous readings sometimes, but I'm not assuming that for St Mawgan until then.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Disclaimer says:

Who visits this site regularly will notice that on an almost daily basis, one or more of the 4200 monitoring stations are out of order and show abnormally high readings. As a consequence isolated violet or red dots on the map are NOT an indication of increased radiological values. Even several violet or red dots near to the same geographical location or near a Nuclear Power Plant is not a certainty of an ongoing accident because they are most likely caused by calibration tests on the related monitoring stations. To reduce the number of erroneous values, several countries do not wish to show their measurement data to the public in real-time and have therefore imposed a delay.

So apparently it could be calibration testing at that particular station...

new topics

top topics

join