It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Your Stool Sample Analyzed By Mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered what kind of critters are living in your gut? Me, neither.

These people want to know, though, and for a nominal fee they will analyze your stool sample.

my.microbes.eu

Microbes live in, on and around us all the time, contributing approximately 2 kilograms to our body masses. Most of them are essential for our health and live in equilibrium with our bodies. The vast majority of these microbes live in our guts and breaking this balance may have various consequences such as obesity or inflammatory bowel diseases. Knowing which microbes live in us can lead to better, personalized diets, early diagnosis, and treatment of diseases.

From what I gather, they want to develop a cross sectional profile of who has what microbes and where those people live.

This can be done anonymously aside from basic information like age, height, weight and gender. Or you can give them more information and proudly share your sample results with other participants.

There's a pdf available with more information, if you're interested.

I've never thought about taking a dump and mailing it to someone other than my congressman.
edit on 2-6-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I've never thought taking a dump and mailing it to someone other than my congressman.
reply to post by N3k9Ni

..you sillychit
edit on 2-6-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm following a dog right now, where do I send it?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It doesn't say whether they want it with or without the corn...

Peace

new topics

top topics

join