It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam Wall closed to all Veterans on Memorial Day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by SeesFar

My dates were off. Below is from O & W, Inc. Still..no one showed up.

Vietnam Moving Wall is in Westland July 21st -24th, 2011

"O&W and Miller High Life Sponsor the Moving Wall

The Moving Wall, the half-size replica of the Washington, D.C. Vietnam Veterans Memorial, has been on exhibit throughout the country for the past 27 years. This summer, the monument will travel to Westland and be open for viewing 24 hours every day from July 21-25.

There will also be food, entertainment and guest speakers from the Westland Veterans Association at the event. O&W and Miller High Life are also sponsoring the event and will collection pull tabs and bottle caps for the Miller IAVA Give Veterans a Piece of the High Life program.

Westland City Hall is located at 36601 Ford, west of Central City Parkway."

PS I do volunteer for something every week or so....but attendence...or lack of it esecially at this event...makes me think about not doing it anymore.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

Odd that you would confuse the 4th of July ~ THE National Holiday ~ with an event held some almost 3 weeks later. Regardless of the date, if no one showed up, that is sad. I guess we have to take your word for it that no one showed up since there doesn't seem to be anything online verifying that one way or another.

However, the annual pilgrimage to The Wall has nothing to do with the Moving Wall. You're comparing apples to oranges and i'm not quite sure why.

By all means, though, if you enjoy regularly volunteering for events and such (and i commend you for that!), you should change to one that you would enjoy more.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Do we really need another post buying into the right/left nonsense?

Obama is a president officiating at some presidential ceremony, honoring the Vietnam vet's, why make this out to be anything else? Oh right, we have to demonize him based on the right/left delusion. Here I thought Obama was making a much bigger deal out of memorial day than was usual officiating at ceremonies throughout the weekend, so I guess the partisans still buying onto the 'right/left' delusion had to find something else to criticize him over. If Obama hadn't appeared at the Vietnam memorial on the 50th ann. of that war, what would the criticism be? "Obama skips ceremony" or "Obama thumbs nose at Vets". Instead Obama holds a ceremony at the wall and the partisan sniping is "Vets can't see wall because Obama is blocking their view".

Meh, what a waste of time this type of trash-talking is.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

Thanks for replying....

Not odd considering I do at least 20 or more events a year...including last weeks parade in Dearborn...trainings, FEMA and 1st responder mass casualtiy events as both a victim and responder, plus meetings and my 40 + hrs at work...and I edit a monthly Newsletter for volunteers.

I am almost never home...which puts my wife out and my dog....but Ive been blessed with many things, so its my way to give back, you know?

Im noticing a trend though these days...either indifference or lack of understanding why all these things should matter...and I hope Im wrong...but Ill keep at it...until I cant.

And to those who served so I CAN do these very little things...thank you for your service.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

Originally posted by Mkoll
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how obummer managed to think that this was anything approaching a good idea. He probably has too many yes men. "Yes Mr. President, doing a speech at the Wall will be great for your image!". Not so for those who the wall was actually made for. I hope this news spreads through the families he screwed over.

I don't think this came from his "yes men".

This smells of Valerie Jarrett!!!

Every move Obama makes not only smells of Valerie Jarett, it IS Valerie Jarett. I think she picks out the toilet paper he wipes his ass with and tells him how many sheets he can use. She is a dangerous woman.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Along with the other few presidents that have shown that they believe to be above the people who have already been mentioned..

This is wrong on so many levels..

The one in the seat of POTUS did not serve, and has even less need to be in front of that wall, when he is actuality stating by doing as he did "I am king!, Lord almighty!, I am your master, your architect of your future!, only "I" have the power and the means to tell you how to live!, when to go to war!, and who to speak with and for!, only "I!" can say who is to be honored, and who not!"..

It sends a very clear message of someone that is narcissistic and egotistical, and direct defiance of the will of the people...

This is one reason I want him not just impeached, but also held in a military tribunal court, for transgressions against the sovereign u.s. people, for breech of Constitutional rights, and for trying to abolish them altogether..

He has stepped on one too many toes lately, and doing this to Veterans, sends a very clear message about what he intends for us as a nation...

All I can say then is:

"Sucks to be him before the year is out, because he will push until someone does crack, and you can only hope he sees what he is doing is wrong, before all hell breaks loose before this year is out)..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The only thing wrong with that is the Vets always have to work veterans day.

Especially the guys in the sandbox, no days off...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Ronald Reagan held a Veteran's Day speech at the Vietnam Memorial. (link)

GW Bush held a speech at the Memorial one year (2002) and held a speech at the Arlington Cemetery several years (2003, 2006, 2008), closing down both for each appearance.

Obama has done nothing different than his predecessors, holding a ceremony nearly identical in nature to those of Reagan and Bush.

It's been a tradition for several administrations now that a president lays a wreath at the memorial on Veteran's Day (which ALWAYS results in the public being shunned away).

So what exactly has got the crazies all worked up this time around? Obama doing the same thing as his predecessors or Obama not fitting in with your prejudiced views of how and what a president should look like?

Just because other Presidents did it does not mean its ok for Obama because.... well because that is just the way crazy people think. As a Vet I have no problem with it and my father who is a Vietnam Vet sasy he was happy with it and he does not even like Obama. Of course this in not about what Vets think is it?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
. . . you Obama haters are ridiculous.

theulstermanreport.com...

[emphasis added. curse words neutered]

Well…then it hits me. Dumb--s like me- sometimes I gotta get hit over the head with it before I figure it out. They are back in Chicago because the ones who invested in this whole thing…Obama’s career…all the way to the White House…they were getting nervous. They want a return on this investment, so they want the re-election efforts…they want all of that right under them so they can keep it close. So they can jerk Obama’s chain if they need to. Because if Obama doesn’t get that second term…the plan is left unfinished and in danger of being undone. And they are gonna be pissed. And that scares the s--t out of Barack Obama. He owes these people. He owes them for everything. Everything he’s got – they gave to him. Everything. The guy’s Manchurian to the shoes on his feet.

UM: Manchurian?

WHI: Yeah – and I ain’t throwin’ that out there offhand. [color=6699FF]I mean it. He’s Manchurian to the shoes on his feet. Barack Obama. The President of the United States. He has been manufactured since day one. Day f-----g one. And I don’t mind sayin’ it like that. Not one bit because it’s true. And I’ll tell you this too – you stay the h-ll out of Chicago. Don’t even think about touching down there. And that comes from the Old Man himself.

Too dangerous. Way too f------g dangerous. For me. For you. For any of us.

UM: You’ve turned into a full blown conspirator.

WHI: You call it whatever the f--- you want. I’ll call it this…I’ll say it…what it really is. John 9:30.

The whole article is very sobering and well worth a read. The source is a long standing high ranking Democratic political operative who's insider info has long proven accurate.

edit on 3/6/2012 by BO XIAN because: adjust tags[/editby
edit on 3/6/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
Every move Obama makes not only smells of Valerie Jarett, it IS Valerie Jarett. I think she picks out the toilet paper he wipes his ass with and tells him how many sheets he can use. She is a dangerous woman.

[color=6699FF]PLEASE READ

the paragraphs from here:

beginning with:

UM: Valerie Jarrett

[just above the pic with I think Jarrett in pink with Obama]

WHI: Most dangerous woman in America. Bar none. She’s the conduit – Obama and Chicago.

and the paragraphs about her and Eric Holder beginning with:

UM: Eric Holder
. . .

Particularly including:

UM: Members of Congress wanted Holder gone. Before the election year started.

WHI: Right – that’s it. They – not a big group of them…but some big names. . . .

and

. . .
So she got word of these particular Democrats – a Senator in particular who the rest of them were hiding behind. And she brought the wrath of God down on that poor b..tard. . . . and she absolutely destroyed a United States Senator and she didn’t give a sh-t who overheard it. The man left her office…he was pale. Shaking like-like one of them poor palsy b..tards. . . .

There had to have been a threat made. On him. On his family. Money. Something. And she must have made it absolutely clear to the guy she was not playing around. . . .

Essentially, she is evidently the direct line to the satanic globalist Marxist/monopolistic tyrannical capitalism oligarchy bosses above Obama.

Is your mountain retreat in the hills stocked yet?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
wow is all I can say. CVeterans that gave their life for the elite. then the elite have the balls to close off that site so the elite can make a speech filled with lies about how america will make sure our veterans are taken care of when in fact they could give a rats ass about what happens to them after they have been used as pawns for old mens wars. Truly disgusting. have your stupid speech on the white house lawn or somewhere else. I believe most veterans have seen the light and it is seen by them throwing their medals out.

[color=6699FF]ABSOLUTELY INDEED

The collection of the following quotes from various sources are in several collections on the net. The link used this time is here:

twoday.net...

132."Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976
133."The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissinger
134."The Brady Bill's only effect will be to desensitize the public to regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation." Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post, April 5, 1996
130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

McNamara was responsible for insuring that 50,000 of our best and brightest got killed in Nam for absolutely no good reason whatsoever--except, in the elite's eyes--for their population reduction goals.

edit on 3/6/2012 by BO XIAN because: fixing link

edit on 3/6/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
people resent their presence and move to do some housecleaning.....?
Theres a mess of politicians who should be in prison, but arent.

ABSOLUTELY . . . to put it infinitely mildly . . . as . . . the situation and wisdom . . . require.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I did EMT duty at the traveling Vietnam Wall last summer. It was 48 hrs around the clock over 4th of July.

No one showed up. Volunteers? About 20 all weekend.

Vistors? Under 10.

I was surprised and dismayed.

Even the local VFWs didnt show or the IRON HORSES motorcycle type clubs and all the other cycle rider-vets.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

The brain numbing, chemical and frequency radiation lobotomizing of the masses has evidently been very effective.

The only things seen as worth any bother . . . are DANCING WITH THE STARS . . . texting . . . yelling at one another and drunken stupors.

It's sure dreadful to see a great Nation and culture commit suicide from within . . . with the eager plotting and very effective manipulations of the elites.

Never in recorded history has a group of leaders been known to deliberately destroy a whole nation, a whole culture, a whole set of founding values, marriages, the family . . . BY GENOCIDAL CHOICE.

What a demonized group of scum literally from and in league with hell.

And the most galling aspect of their inhumanity is to send our best and brightest young adults to die horribly for no good reason. Then when the veterans return, to label them terrorists! What hidiousness! This memorial incident is just the tip of the iceberg. GRRR

edit on 3/6/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Generally, anything surrounding an active president is closed to anyone--in most every circumstance--who does not have prior clearance, regardless of WHO the president is at the time. It's called security. Granted, 7 hours IS a long time, but knowing how unpopular he is among SOME people.

Geez, and i thought by the OP title that Obama had made a phone call from the White House to just closed it down for the SOLE purpose of keeping veterans away.

Not to mention as another poster said, other presidents have done this very same thing, so where's the issue?

Well done on your first post, you gotta lot of stars and flags from people getting their panties in wads over non-issues regarding Obama (from an extremely biased and sensationalist blog).

Congratulations. Golf clap.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Obama is such a coward.....

That's just the tiniest tip of the problem and very understated.

PLEASE READ

WHITE HOUSE INSIDER: Obama In Serious Trouble – And That Makes Him Very Dangerous

Particularly the part beginning . . .

. . .
WHI: Right – now ask yourself this…

I’m gonna come right out and call it pleasure, ok? Barack Obama takes personal pleasure in using those drones. Now why is that? ‘Cause that kind of obsession – that ain’t normal. He’s a lazy slob of a president – but that damn drone program has his full attention. He love’s the sh-t outta those g...mn drones. He spends hours watching television, or flying around giving another speech – but he don’t miss one of those kill meetings.

…Obama loves them drones. He has made them a personal priority above all else.

Particularly read the paragraph below the last part.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57
. And whoever is behind the grand lie that allowed Obama the opportunity to run for President should be tried for treason.

Seems to me that 95% of Washington D.C.

and

a huge amount of New York's oligarchy elite

should be tried for treason and abuse of our veterans, of the Constitution and of the people.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Go a little more than 1/2 way down, note pic of large Indian man, sitting in a large crowd of other veterans in front of the Vietnam memorial listening to the President's speech.

WTF, is the point of this thread?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Originally posted by gunshooter

Obama is such a coward.....

That's just the tiniest tip of the problem and very understated.

PLEASE READ

WHITE HOUSE INSIDER: Obama In Serious Trouble – And That Makes Him Very Dangerous

Particularly the part beginning . . .

. . .
WHI: Right – now ask yourself this…

I’m gonna come right out and call it pleasure, ok? Barack Obama takes personal pleasure in using those drones. Now why is that? ‘Cause that kind of obsession – that ain’t normal. He’s a lazy slob of a president – but that damn drone program has his full attention. He love’s the sh-t outta those g...mn drones. He spends hours watching television, or flying around giving another speech – but he don’t miss one of those kill meetings.

…Obama loves them drones. He has made them a personal priority above all else.

Particularly read the paragraph below the last part.

No doubt your whitehouse insider is as accurate as OP's teabagger blogger links about no veteran's being allowed at the Vietnam Memorial

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The Ulsterman Report "White House Insider" is also a hoax

The Ulsterman Report - The Background to the Hoax

The Ulsterman Report - The Most successful Satirist
edit on 3-6-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You said it friend. I liken it to like walking down the street staring at your cell phone while walking in front of a car.

People just dont care and are in their own world...oblivious as to how it got this way...and why it should even matter.

Its a shame too. I actually had a coworker see me working (volunteering) Memorial Day and asked "They PAY you for that, rt?" I wont stop volunteering tho....someone has to. So, it'll be me...until I cant anymore.

Thanks for the reply...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Go a little more than 1/2 way down, note pic of large Indian man, sitting in a large crowd of other veterans in front of the Vietnam memorial listening to the President's speech.

WTF, is the point of this thread?

I hope you don't find it odd there's a Native American in the crowd. Per capita, we have the highest record of service in the U.S. military. We still fight for our Country and we always will. Over 42,000 of us fought in VietNam, alone, and over 90% of those heroes were volunteers.

Native Americans in the U.S. Military

The point of it? Let me give you a hint: it is NOT about Republicans or Democrats; it is NOT about Tea Party Members; it is NOT about the events at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day. It is NOT about who is the best or worst President in history and it was NOT supposed to be about comparing Presidents, either. And it is NOT even about the Ulsterman-whatever stuff posted above.

It was to inform people of what happened for a 5-7 hour period at the VietNam Wall Memorial on Memorial Day that was not and is not being publicized by the main stream media, just as the opening post states. Just that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join