It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Creepy Spy Technologies That Can Be Hitched to Your Neighborhood Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Source

1. WiFi and phone hacking: The Wireless Aerial Surveillance Platform (WASP) can break into WiFi networks and hack cell phones, according to Forbes......

2. NYPD sensor that sees through clothes: The NYPD, which is not known for its cautious approach to the use of surveillance, announced recently that it was perfecting a sensor that uses radiation to reveal weapons hidden under a person’s clothes......

3. Biometrics: Advances in facial recognition, iris scans and other identifying biometric markers are speeding along, with both police departments and federal agencies juicing up the biometrics industry by offering a welcoming market for its wares.....

4. Video analytics: The video analytics industry seeks to develop systems that can analyze and interpret data. So instead of a stream of raw footage, the camera itself can perform searches for people and objects of interest....

5. Sense-through-the-wall (STTW) technology: For about a decade various branches of the military have been working to create sensors that can penetrate walls...

Click the link to read the other 3

Coming to a neighborhood near you!

Soon they'll be looking through your walls, through your clothes!! Its amazing the technology that allows huge populations to be controlled and remotely from a safe position. I hope this doesn't get out of hand, although I think we all know that it will...

Here are some ATS threads regarding domestic drones used for 'surveillance' and keeping America 'safe' hahahaha

Video: 30,000 Drones Over America – Weaponized Police State

FAA: Look For 30,000 Drones To Fill American Skies By The End Of The Decade

Drone crashes into SWAT team tank during police test near Houston This last one is just funny

Thoughts?!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If you thought you could hide from these, you better think again.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Drones are my newest pet peeve.
The most dangerous weapon to come out since the minie bullet.
Great article. people need to read it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I think it is safe to say that even with our second amendment there is no way the common American can defeat drones.

Why I say this? These weapons were designed for war; all of the best war fighting systems go into it, and it only gets better and better while our heads remain the same size and the basic gun has not changed for hundreds of years.

It is game over for the americans..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
We need some sort of concentrated EMP gun, that'll solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Maybe might work, but the metal skin of the aircraft would shield it pretty good, and most military electronics these days are EMP shielded. Like I said, game over..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Hypothetically speaking, there are other electronic countermeasures available that might be effective against senord that aren't completely autonomous.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That See through walls technology is cheap enough that most police departments can afford it .... I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that many police departments were getting grants to employ the technology.
The only thing that can stop it is putting metal in your walls. Wait until they make that illegal.

see through walls technology

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Already been done. You can even build one too ^^
EMP Weapon - How to build

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
blimps and cables and cables between buildings canyons under bridges , drones would have hard time flying low in an enviroment laced with cables

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well, they chose the name 'Drone' because it sounds harmless and boring.

They should've called them 'Terminators'.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I guess this is where it ends though hu?
I mean, certainly they will reach a point where, even though technology will let them, they will have the decency to resist using it to make us even safer, right?? I mean, I feel pretty damn safe as it is, I just don't know how much safer I can get. Certainly MORE technology will make us.......MORE safe right???

If a little is good then MORE must be better..........right???

If they had the ability to follow each and every individual around 24/7 with their very own personally assigned drone, certainly they would stop there......right???
IF they had the ability to hear and record and sift through EVERY GOD DAMNED WORD being spoken by every god damned person anywhere and EVERYWHERE on the planet all day and night every day and night, certainly they would say "no way, we aren;t doing that"..............wouldn't they????

You guys do know the answer I trust.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join