It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan and China to start direct currency trading on Friday- End of US as world Currency?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Source

TOKYO —
Japan and China will start direct currency trading this week, Tokyo said Tuesday, the first time Beijing has let a major unit other than the dollar swap with the yuan.

The move, which will scrap the greenback as an intermediary unit, comes as China introduces measures as part of a long-term goal of internationalizing its currency to rival the dollar.

Here it is.. One of the first steps to the potential end of the US dollar as the world currency. This has not happened with china ever.. They have always used the US dollar to purchase other currency when needed, and vice versa with Japan. Now, they will trade straight across for eachothers currency and leave the greenback out of the deal.

Thoughts?!
edit on 5/31/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, you pretty much nailed it. China is in a position to knock out the US dollar as the world's currency. I believe they are trying to back some of their money with gold, hence the market manipulation over the past two months dropping gold prices into the toilet.

The US has allowed this to occur due to being manipulated by banks, who are focused on short-term profits and ripping off the taxpayers via quantitative easing, rather than any safe, long-term growth. The Fed is like a virus which kills its host. When the US is effectively no longer a world leader in finance, the virus will go to another country and try to infect it as well, to squeeze out those short-term profits. Europe is on life support, and the US is in the emergency room. China is in the waiting room, making plans for what happens after our demise.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Bound to happen and not before time too.

With all the 'outsourcing' the world has done by getting cheap employment in Asia and selling those goods for massive profits in the West, this has bolstered a lot of Asian economies.
So much so that there is now no more room for improvement.

China has been a major supplier of the worlds goods for many years now and has knocked the spots off of other countries for its production of goods. Everything from rice to high tech equipment, China supplies and the world has lapped it up.

Now, with the 'war on terrorism' taking its toll on the West (which seems to be the only source of major income the West can now support) China, like Sadam Hussein tried to do, is leaving the sinking ship.

China's space programme has grown a great deal too, id I'm not mistaken.

There is a bubble.. where and when it will burst?

You've got all these companies that are downgrading banks and countries borrowing abilites that jobs are being axed, food and utility bills are increasing.
I read the other week how, in the UK, the average cost of filling up your petrol tank is the same as going to get your weekly food supplies. you're looking at about 75 GBP.. so that's 150 a week just on food and fuel for the car.

The Euro zone is on the brink of disaster..Eurozone set-up unsustainable China has made a wonderful chess move here.
US economic growth slower than thought in first quarter

There is a bigger picture here that we are not yet seeing clearly.
Why is Japan doing this with China?
Is it because of the damage that the nuclear reactors are causing and China is helping them reduce the ecenomy of the West in order for a future "argument" (war) will be prevented leaving China, and Japan, in a position to dominate the financial world, bringing the USA to its knees whilst the people of the USA (and possibly Europe) die from radiation poisoning.

Maybe China will eventually house Japanese citizens in order to save them from dying out in a critically radiated country..

Here you go, prime example.. just been posted in a new thread..
Bank of America: Thanks for the Bailout…We’ll Create Some Jobs in the Philippines
edit on 31-5-2012 by Extralien because: add link to new thread.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think there will be a war with china before the decade is out. I can see Russia waiting it out until the last minute.

It is a war that probably no one will imagine participating in. it would essentially be a war that would set the power structure of the world for a very long time.

The loser dies completely in customs, traditions, and values. The victor inherits the world in its entirety.

This may seem like fear mongering and opportunistic but,
I really think that all of us that chose not to participate in the military due to ethical or moral reasons should reconsider.

I know that many will say they don't think the place to do good is in the military. I say there is no good in dying for noble ideas. It is better to live for them.

The time will come when the US will need many more troops. I believe it is up to us to be prepared. I will not prepare to become a force of chaos. We will need our able bodied to truly defend our country. I for this reason will enlist in about a year after a long time resisting.

You say you will defend this country. In about 10 years if nothing changes you will have the opportunity to so. Get ready now.

I don't know if the end of the frikin world is at hand. I doubt it. I do know that our country will have an all out formal war within 10 years, IMO. We have too much on our plate and I don't see this going any other way. It is inevitable. Live in the now. You have time to prepare. Receive training that will be useful to our military. Simple as that.

Economic collapse now of the dollar means war later. GET READY. If you can, enlist. The time has not passed. We are still needed. The future has not been so unclear for us ever. Make it clear, don't become some rebel scum bag when things get tough. We must work together. If our currency fails, join the military. At that point we will need to fight for our right to exist without submission. You will be needed. Get ready.

edit on 31-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

If we beat china it should be with our brains not our bombs.

All humanity is the same genetic tree, so why do we kill each other?

I don't think the planet could survive another full scale war similar to WWII. Do you realize that a single hydrogen fusion bomb has the firepower equivalent of all the bullets and bombs of WWII? I've read that all the bombs dropped in WWII amounted to 2 million tons of TNT. The first hydrogen fusion bomb test resulted in the equivalent release of 10,000,000 tons of TNT. That was 1952. How much further do you think we could take fusion bombs? We have also developed neutron bombs.

Too many big weapons. Too many implications.

It could happen, but it's doubtful and if it does, I'm not sure I'd want to stick around anyway because the world is going to be such a different place. I foresee this whole planet becoming a "spaceship".

We have to stop fighting each other and start supporting each other.

In the distant future think we're more likely to be fighting off planet humans or aliens. Think about it. As humans start to colonize other moons and asteroids and planets they will become increasingly difficult to control and the separation will encourage them to adopt radical cultural beliefs that directly oppose us on earth. Our technology might be unable to cross the divide of space.
edit on 31-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join