It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milwaukee police accused of performing illegal body cavity searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Source

Seven officers and a supervisor at the Milwaukee police department have had their badges taken away after allegations surfaced that police have been conducting body cavity searches on suspects with no authority to do so.
Reports of officers arresting suspects then subjecting them to cavity searches first surfaced in local media in March. On Monday, after getting access to a police report, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that officers allegedly performed these searches on a routine basis.

One Milwaukee officer, Michael Vagnini, "had a reputation" for forcing suspects he believed had drugs in their body cavities to bend over for him, said defense attorney Alex Cossi, who handled a July 2011 case that alleges Vagnini searched his client and another suspect in the booking room.

Officer Vagnini... ha!

Ok well I'm sure this goes on a lot, because of polce intimidation these type of searches most likely go unreported. However, looks like this guy got caught, so good! I hope he gets what he deserves. Im not saying its a good thing for people to hide drugs and such, but there is a little thing called DUE PROCESS!
Its there for a reason.

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think he needs a cavity search. Put him in general population for a week or so. Maybe he might get a clue. Doubt it though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Officer Vagnini... ha!

Glad you caught that! I had to re-read it, I thought it said something else.

Too many police think psychological warfare against their perps is acceptable. This is no different than Abu Ghraib. They want to intimidate and control in order to win the pscyhological battle and make their jobs easier.

I agree, general population for these clowns ought to be fair punishment.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If they put him in general population I am sure that he will be given several cavity searches!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hope these people are found guilty and dismissed from duty. The words "internal investigation" always leave me suspicious.

The article says that the FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office are monitoring the investigation and could launch an investigation of their own. Makes me wonder why they are interested in this. Is it possible some of the officers are agents? Maybe some of the people involved are agents.

top topics

join