It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder to brief black pastors on campaign 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Holder to brief black pastors on campaign 2012

Attorney General Eric Holder, the IRS, and the liberal lawyers at the ACLU will brief several hundred pastors in the African American community on how to participate in the presidential election -- which the Congressional Black Caucus chair expects will help President Obama's campaign.

Wait what catch that?

The Department of Justice and others will be brief pastors on how to participate in the presidential election.

"We will have representatives from nine denominations who actually pastor somewhere in the neighborhood of about 10 million people, and we're going to first of all equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501c3 status with the IRS,"

So telling them what the can or can't say that would "violate their IRS status" sounds like blackmail.

In fact, we're going to have the IRS administrator there, we're going to have the Attorney General Eric Holder there, we're going to have the lawyers' organization from around the country, the ACLU -- all giving ministers guidance about what they can and cannot do," he noted.

In fact what we have here is the administration dictating free speech in a church so where is that separation of church and state.

Cleaver said they would not tell pastors which candidate to support. They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats).

We all know that is how it is going to go down.

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...

This is some messed up stuff here "describing voter id as a jim crow poll tax" on seniors and black voters."

What say you?

edit on 29-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It sounds like they are simply telling black pastors not to go crazy promoting Obama as that would endanger of violation of tax law.

Obama simply looking out for his base, as all politicians do, from bush to Washington.

Its the purpose of politicians you know? to represent the people that voted them in.

I wont vote for obama, didn't the first time, but thats all I see going on here.

Now if using his resources as president to directly aid his campaign that could be another matter, But this looks very much in the "gray" area of that.

But I could be wrong I am no expert on election and campaign laws.
edit on 29-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's about telling them how to phrase their support for Obama without violating their non-profit status. The way it works is that the current view of "separation of Church and State" means that preachers cannot tell their congregations who to support for political office--without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status. (Some have been caught and read the Riot Act in the past. I'm not sure whether any have actually been punished.)

The point is: The Obama administration wants their support, so they're telling them how to be subtle and lawful about how they tell their congregations to vote for him. That's the long and the short of it....
edit on 5/29/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
But why is the DoD responsible for telling them that?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I'm not sure of whom you're asking this question. But I didn't read anything about the DOD either in the OP or in the source document. Where did you see that; or in what connection are you asking that?

(If your question is aimed at someone else, please accept my apology for jumping in.)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually my friend, I think their being instructed to teach their Sheeple on how to Ignore The True Meaning Of Obamas Intitials in his name:

Or they could be coching them in how to push the Democratic Vision of America with Obama as their,,,,,, Well You Decide.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I thought people went to church to learn about God and stuff.

If you want politics, stay home sunday and watch "Meet The Press".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I thought people went to church to learn about God and stuff.

If you want politics, stay home sunday and watch "Meet The Press".

Haven't you heard? Obama IS God....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sad.

Sad that he thinks his voters are that dumb.

Sad that he thinks he can just push people around.

Sad that he is strong arming his voters.

Sad that he has to go through such lengths.

Sad that he has holder doing this.

Sad that they have to go into a church to instruct them on what to say and not say.

Sad ... all the way around.

I spit on this administration.

In the end though - nothing will be done of it. As long as their corrupt king gets another chance.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Mkoll

I'm not sure of whom you're asking this question. But I didn't read anything about the DOD either in the OP or in the source document. Where did you see that; or in what connection are you asking that?

(If your question is aimed at someone else, please accept my apology for jumping in.)

I thought the secretary of defense is in charge of the DoD?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
But why is the DoD responsible for telling them that?

Eric Holder is head of The Justice Department

Not the Defense Department.

Although the Obama Campaign seems to be very much on "the defensive"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sounds like he's "preaching to the choir" again.

The only support they can possibly gain is from existing supporters.

This election is not like the last one.

The "fence people" from 4 years ago are not going to vote for Obama this time.
The financial "meltdown" had everybody scared half to death in 2008.

Obama Has Not Delivered as Promised !!

There are Millions of voters who had good jobs and are now on assistance for a fraction of the money.

Those voters want their normal life back.

Millions of voters want their life back....

Millions

Uploaded by CNSNews on Aug 5, 2011

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be "one-term proposition" if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

top topics

join