It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Minutes Of Hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If you have not read 1984,you really should.

I think that since 911 happened many of us have become just like Ingsoc Party Members. Osama was the new Emmanual Goldstein we could all hate and fear, and we get our two minutes of hate every time they show the construction 'rise to freedom' about 50 times a day on on the 24hr news. Its ten years later and they are still squeezing it for all its worth. We even get a whole day of hate each anniversary.

I am surprised at the amount of hate for North Korea and Iran especially of late. I often hear people saying that we should nuke them. These people say that we should nuke them because of humanitarian reasons
Thats gonna help them alot hey? I really think we all need to separate a State from its people.

Will september ever end?

edit on 29-5-2012 by Germanicus because: spelling

edit on 29-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

i started reading the book "1984". i made it about a third of the way through and had to put it down. i wasn't ready for the depressing tone of the story.

the book is well written. each chapter paints a vivid picture of their world. but darn it's depressing. i intend to finish it. i will need a couple of cups of coffee and a free afternoon.

i too hear all the time, the hate speech against korea, iran, and gays. it (the hate speech) has become so common place that most people seem immune to the vulgarity of it all.

-subfab

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Our collective patriotic psyche demands a villain. Without said villain, patriotism drops, funding for wars are cut, and the nation can turn its attention to the rotting cancer in our government.

Can't have that, now can we?

So....our leaders invent the boogeyman we can dread and focus on.

S&F for an awesome post.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Our collective patriotic psyche demands a villain. Without said villain, patriotism drops, funding for wars are cut, and the nation can turn its attention to the rotting cancer in our government.

Can't have that, now can we?

So....our leaders invent the boogeyman we can dread and focus on.

S&F for an awesome post.

Thanks. I hope you found that book you were looking for.
And I agree.

It just isnt as black and white as they try to make it hey. Even if these people are evil we really need to start separating a State from its people. Sanction dont hurt Ahmadinejad,they hurt Persians. Same goes for Cuba and North Korea. There must be a better way.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I think he wrote it for us. For us right now.

The Iron Heel by Jack London is even better than 1984.

www.online-literature.com...

You might like it too.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is no need for a "boogeyman" when it comes to muslims. Just read the quran and spend time among them; you will learn all you need to know about their death cult.
1984 is a very prophetic book, but in many ways "Brave New World" was much more accurate. I know we are not there yet, but the end game seems to be a mix between the two.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
There is no need for a "boogeyman" when it comes to muslims. Just read the quran and spend time among them; you will learn all you need to know about their death cult.
1984 is a very prophetic book, but in many ways "Brave New World" was much more accurate. I know we are not there yet, but the end game seems to be a mix between the two.

I am embarrassed to say that I have not read that yet. I have been meaning to.

The Iron Heel is the same kind of thing and is also very prothetic.

We will have to agree to disagree on muslims though

That was a very honest answer from that other thread you gave. I like your honesty

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

When you have been shot at by them, spit upon by them, had friends killed by them, you might not disagree so much.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

When you have been shot at by them, spit upon by them, had friends killed by them, you might not disagree so much.

Ok,maybe we cant.

I see people as individuals. And you are right,I have never had a muslim do anything like that to me. Every Muslim I have ever met has been a warm,friendly,beautiful person.

I considered converting when I was younger actually,but I decided that I was not a good enough person. I have vices.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I see people as individuals. And you are right,I have never had a muslim do anything like that to me. Every Muslim I have ever met has been a warm,friendly,beautiful person.
Uh huh. Did these warm, friendly people stone their daughters for the crime of being raped? I detest homosexuality, but even I do not think killing them is right, muslims do. Did these wonderful people strap homicide vests to their children and send them out to blow themselves and others up in cafes, or on buses, or on street corners? Did they attack you for having the temerity to address a female directly, like she was a real person?
edit on 29-5-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

thank you for the recommendation. i will check it out.

-subfab

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

thank you for the recommendation. i will check it out.

-subfab
My only problem with that book is that it glorified the rise of communism.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
bumped

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I guess I must not be patriotic enough. My patriotism does not require a boogeyman, except for the elimination of poverty and starvation. Those are my boogeyman.

Oh, I take that back. My boogeyman are the Democrats and Republicans. Because they are ruining this country and running it into the ground. They just don't care about the little guys, they only care about getting the money for their wealthy elite masters that control them.

And I'm extremely cynical about charity. For one thing, there's always too many hands along the way. And sometimes that money doesn't go to the people it's supposed to be for.

Such as the ASPCA.

But I don't want to derail this thread.

top topics

join