It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Socotra Island (Must See!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Awesome,

Thanks for posting something "other" than chemically unbalanced thoughts that we usually find here!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRYMEJ
This could All be too late for this island.

The below Link indicates how it is one of two strategic locations for military bases.

www.pacificrimcoins.com...

This is bad. The military industrial complex has to be crippled one way or another, or they'll keep invading everywhere!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
when do we invade?

Next full moon of course. Damn, that was funny, but I hate blowing hot coffee thru my nose.

SnF OP!
edit on 29-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Great find/post!

Where exactly is the island chain located? (Atlantic or Indian ocean side)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Beautiful place man.

2nd line.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow, for a second there I thought this was a fake place. It truly does look like a planet from that show Alien Planet...You go Mother nature !

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As far as the military buildup on Socotra according to the link provided earlier in this thread

Debka: Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah

For the new buildup on Socotra, Washington had to negotiate a new deal with Yemen's ousted ruler Ali Abdullah Saleh. Injured in an assassination attempt last year, Saleh demanded permission to travel to the United States for medical treatment. The Obama administration first refused, then relented when Saleh made it his condition for consenting to additional troops landing on the island.

So it seems the self-serving Ali Abdullah Saleh simply wasn't willing to go that extra mile to protect Socotra from the US military. I would imagine he could've gotten medical treatment somewhere other than the US but It was entirely his choice. I don't care what country you're from self-serving government officials will sell us all out in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
yes I can see it now with a single post on ats a bunch of people without passports who are on the no fly list anyway likely time warped to this island bringing with them the mall of Americas and with it 10 minutes later it was turned into an inhospitable wasteland more so than it already was but with more movie theaters.

Seriously there is about half the people on this thread to full of themselves and the imagined power of a single thread posting on a forum having nothing to do with development....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

So only idiots who consider themselves above 90% of all people are allowed to admire this? Idiots like you?

NEWSFLASH: We own this planet, we can do what we want and certainly, this would be a nice place for a vacation. It looks interesting, every human should have the right and chance to be there, to see it.

there are plenty of places all over the world, and they are already infested so to speak with humanity.

would it be SO hard for you to just not touch this one place?

oh no of course not, its because of people like YOU that we got kicked out of the garden of eden.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
that was in this months national geo

cool place

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

is he #ing retarded ? its an island :/

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This place is freakin ugly, with its weird deformed trees. if we ate those things we will bloom and blossom as those retarded little trees do. all body little foliage.
lol jk sorry

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would agree that it's a shame to see places like this exploited, but I feel this simply because I am ashamed at the arrogance of my own species.

What we have to remember is that everything that happens is natural. It might be sad to see a place invaded and destroyed through our raping of resources, but it is the course of nature. And when we finally stop doing it and learn to change, that will be nature too.

We are not going to kill the planet. The planet has survived for billions of years, survived extinction level events numerous times, and we have been here for the blink of an eye.

All we are doing is making this planet uninhabitable for ourselves. The planet will survive long after we are gone, with new life, possibly new civilizations, until they inevitably start digging up our waste and using it for fuel until the planet is too polluted to support them... rinse and repeat.

There could be nuclear war tomorrow, the Human race completely annihilated, and in a few hundred years life would have evolved to live in the harsh environment created from it. We might end the Human race but this planet will support life for billions upon billions of years.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The island already has over 8000 people living there

its over populated like the rest of the world.

humans are like parasites, the only difference being; humans reproduce 10x faster.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No need to worry- I have seen pictures of this place many times before, over many many years.
It is beautiful, but I don't think there is any immediate danger of waterslides in the near future.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What extraordinary plants! Does anyone have any insight on the biology and ecology that would create such life? Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok. This place is freaking awesome. I would love to see more pictures of these islands. I think it is interesting that the plants look borderline alien.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join