It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA finals predictions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mccw2003
Spurs, Thunder.... it's ON!!!!

Yeah man!

I mean I knew spurs would be definite competitors but dam gotta admit I didn't expect them to come out this full on so early, thought they would take the old man approach and take it easy and drag it out but they're going straight for the kill

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No offence Lasr1oftheJedi, but right now it looks like the spurs are just outclassing Thunder due to their experience. Nothing fancy, just executing the fundamentals really well and making the Thunder pay for any mistake they make or any lapse in concentration no matter how small. They're just simply picking them apart.

Although in saying that it's still early days, and if any team can learn from this and fight back it's the thunder. Not discounting them in any way at all, I'm just kind of surprised as I said above, I knew the spurs would bring it but wasn't expecting them to bring it this hard so early.

Also in saying that though Spurs have had home advantage so let's see what happens when they go to OKC

edit on 29-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Heat/Spurs. Miami wins in 7 with LeBron hitting the game winner.

I mean, it is 2012 right? LeBron has to get his ring before the world ends.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In game 2 of the Spurs-Thunder, we saw a younger looking Tim Duncan with that dunk (something he rarely does), Tony Parker playing like a mad man, Manu as always exciting to watch (there's a reason Charles Barkley always shouts "Ginobiliiiiiii!!!!!!" and the rest of the spurs playing great. The Thunder may be hungry but I think the Spurs are a little more so. They are looking like a younger, hungrier yet very experienced team. I predict they will win in 4 or 5. It's proving to be an exciting series, very physical. I think they will face the heat however, I will not make a prediction there as to whom the victor will be. I won't jinx it! Go Spurs Go! We want some Nasty!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Any International B-Ball fans?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Go, Spurs, Go!

Great game last night. OKC was so desperate last night they had to use fouls to catch up. lol

Huge Spurs fan. Not just because they're my home team but because I love their class and non celebrity-status. They just want to play the game. They're not attention whores or 'celebrity athletes' with the massive egos like so many others.

I think the trend started with David Robinson. He was a TRUE class act and set the mood for the whole team. Even after his retirement, the Spurs still have that 'stay classy' low-profile air about them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

AshleyD, agreed. And I'm from San Antonio too. I happen to work at a place where I see former spurs almost daily such as Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, Shaun Elliot, Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry and I used to see Devin Brown alot but I heard he's now overseas. David Robinson has been out a few times. All nice guys! Devin Brown is Very down to earth and will actually stop and talk to you, Michael Finley says" Hello, How are you doing or have a good day!". Every spur I've ever met has been nice.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Yeah man the Spurs fully blew me away in that game, it's like they've gone back in time

IMO one of OKC's main weaknesses in that game was Russel Westbrook.

He panicked and was putting up a lot of random shots and kept on driving at the big men and missing layups. I think he still scored a bit but still, that dude just needs to calm down and try playing more like a point guard because he was ruining OKC's offensive structure and flow in that game.

Well that's my opinion anyway but hey the next couple of games are at OKC so we'll see how it goes

edit on 30-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Agreed. Now would be a good time to go see your local bookie! J/K. The Thunder did look a little flustered, they were making desperate shots. As my Wife Said during the game..."Spank'em Spurs!!!"... She yells at the T.V. as much as I do. At the games, she's the louder one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Yeah I think it'll make a huge difference if westbrook can sort his stuff out, like I said if he just trys to be a PG rather than score a lot I think the offence will run more smoothly.

haha that's awesome that she's into it aswell

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Yeah, it's not looking good. Even if we win on homecourt and break the streak, we still have to go back down to San An, and they're obviously dominate there. Hate to say it, but things are not looking good. I hope we find the "x-factor" needed to put this contest away.

Either way, I'll still root for my Thunder until the end. I know it's a cop out, but we made it far, that's a good deal in itself. But I'm not quite ready to say "well maybe next year" just yet. After all, wilder things have happened in sports than a come back kid.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Yeah man like I said Thunder definitely still have a fighting chance but yeah even if they do lose it all adds up, they're still a young team and to make it as far as they have 2 years in a row now is good and they definitely have played a whole lot better this season than last so imagine that they'll be like next year

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We snapped the winning streak ^.^ By an impressive 20 points no less. No doubt home court plays alot into that. We're pretty stout on our own court. I hope we can continue building on the success of a huge win and maybe steal one from down in San An and shock the sports world. Can't count how many articles I read on the net counted the Thunder out. All the sudden, we're a contender again. But remember, I called this. Even if we beat em at home, they have the court advantage in the series, and just like the Thunder, the Spurs play ridiculously well at home. So, my point? It's gonna be one of the best series in playoff history.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Man... I have to admit, even as a native resident of San Antonio and a Spurs fan... The Thunder absolutley manhandled the Spurs!!! I yelled every curse word in the book last night during the game! The spurs just didn't have their heads in it. The Thunder outplayed them in every aspect.... talk about role reversal. I would hate to be them after the game going into the locker room with coach Pop... I'm sure he told them whats what. Oh well, let's see about game 4. Still hoping. I know they can bounce back.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Wow they tied the series you must be happy!

Yeah man Home court made a difference but I think Westbrook also did calm down and play a little smarter which helped the offence ran smoothly.

Totally agree with you man this series should go down in the history books

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They will let both teams play in both series by Game 5. The Money is tight with the Networks so making both of these series go atleast 5 is paramount.

After that its Game On.

Heat vs Spurs. Finally LBJ gets his ring but the Spurs are un real right now and Pop get the nod for Coaching the Olympic Team.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Yes indeedy I am ^.^! All about the home court. Hard to win in OKC, unless, ofcourse, you are OKC ^.~. Now if we can just get lucky and steal one down south we'll get the chance to rob LeBron of another ring opprotunity. Ah, this is a good year for basketball, indeed.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah man there's no way Lebrons getting a ring this year no matter who wins this round

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wow what a game! Thunder just outran the spurs I guess and showed the age difference

In saying that though Ginobli was on fire!

Still felt Westbrook was panicking a bit though and slowing down his own defense when he should have kept the ball moving but hey, that was seriously an awesome game! Maybe the best game this year IMO

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think we just stole the one we needed down south, right? ^.~ Can't help the Spurs confidence as now they got to come back to the place they just lost back to back and fight that roar of the crowd and a team that found that "x-factor".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join