It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The front cover of "The Spiritual Guide" by Michael Molinos reads:

"Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated." ~ Papal Decree 1687

Within 6 years of its release the book had been translated into every language in Western Europe, but ultimately Molinos was sentenced to prison for life and copies of the book were burned.

I just finished reading The Spiritual Guide and I can see why there have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published. I found a used copy on amazon.com, but it you can find a pdf version on several other sites if you google it.

"The church has persecuted only two kinds of people. Those who did not follow the teachings of Jesus and those who did." ~Will Durant

Molinos' writings are also included in another great little book called "A Guide to True Peace" which can also be found online.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

"The church has persecuted only two kinds of people. Those who did not follow the teachings of Jesus and those who did." ~Will Durant

Op, that is an absolutely true quote...good find

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So what's inside the book? What is it about?

I don't listen to hyperbolic statements like that.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
how about an explanation of what this book is about before I read. Why was this book so hated?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Please more details OP.

Could be a great thread but tell us more about this book

Thanks

Peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I will add my vote to those clamoring for a book review. Is this in modern english even?

new topics

top topics

join