It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean death worsening around Peru? 1000s of crustaceans wash up dead off the coast of Lima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is happening more and more despite their attempt to soften the news by saying it happens '“with some frequency.” Yeah but, as of when?....the dawn of time?...or last year?

My theory is: the planet is heating up from the inside, out! And the oceans are getting warmer by both, the Sun and our core so they're almost getting a nuke-like affect from all sides. I think the tectonic plates are shifting allowing the cores' heat to escape causing the water temperatures to rise at an accelerated rate.

Furthermore, I think these animals are dying out in the oceans and getting washed up as a result and aftermath. I DON'T believe they're coming to shore to beach themselves as some scientists would have us believe.

May 26, 2012 – PERU – Thousands of crustaceans were found dead off the coast of Lima following the mystery mass death of dolphins and pelicans, the Peruvian Navy said Friday. The cause of death is under investigation, said Industry and Fishing Minister Gladys Triveno, warning that “it would be premature to give a reason for this phenomenon.” The Navy said it presented a report on the find to the Agency of Environmental Evaluation and Control to determine the cause. Biologist Yuri Hooker of Cayetano Heredia University said the species found on Pucusana Beach, 60 kilometers (37 miles) south of Lima, was a type of red krill about three centimeters (1.2 inches) long. “They live mostly along the coast of Chile up to the coast of northern Peru. What is happening is that these crustaceans are being affected by the warming of Pacific waters in the north of the country,” he said, adding that the phenomenon occurs “with some frequency.” Hooker explained that the warmer temperatures led the shrimp-like creatures that usually live far away from the coast to move in closer to land, where they died. Nearly 900 dolphins washed up along Peru’s northern coast between February and April. A government study said the marine mammals died of natural causes, while environmental groups insist the massive toll was linked to offshore oil exploration in the area. Peruvian officials have suggested that the dolphins, along with 5,000 dead sea birds — mostly pelicans — died due to the effects of rising temperatures in Pacific waters, including the southern migration of fish eaten by the birds
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...[/ ex]

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
if the entire planet is heating up, from the inside out, as you say, then why is this happening in just a few locales?

Seems more likely this is related to offshore drilling or possibly recent earthquakes.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
if the entire planet is heating up, from the inside out, as you say, then why is this happening in just a few locales?

Seems more likely this is related to offshore drilling or possibly recent earthquakes.

Well earthquakes ARE the result of tectonic plate movement. I think this is happening 'in great frequency' within the Ring of Fire zone.

I don't think it's offshore drilling. Unless they are uncapping more wells and spilling more oil than they're letting on. Who knows. I just have a feeling this is more natural in nature than at the hands of man.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So, are you saying you think there have been more earthquakes in the ring of fire over the past year than normally occur??

I think one could argue that its a localized phenomena around Peru, relating to their recent earthquakes, but the ring of fire is ALWAYS highly active

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I am saying that I believe these ocean die-offs are happening in and around possible tectonic plate movement thus allowing the oceans to be heating up from the bottom, upward.

I have not done a study on this but this, Ring of Fire region, does seem to be where some of the massive deaths are happening. Not exclusively rather coincidentally.
That's all

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

From your own source:

“They live mostly along the coast of Chile up to the coast of northern Peru. What is happening is that these crustaceans are being affected by the warming of Pacific waters in the north of the country,” he said, adding that the phenomenon occurs “with some frequency.” Hooker explained that the warmer temperatures led the shrimp-like creatures that usually live far away from the coast to move in closer to land, where they died.

So it appears this happens fairly often. That, to me, says natural cycle and nothing to worry about.

top topics

join