It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Vietnam Veterans does it take to screw in a Light Bulb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You wouldn't know man....You weren't there.

I was not there. I want to personally thank everyone that was.

I will be taking some time this weekend to remember all our Vets.

To "All" including some family members that gave their lives.

You will never be forgotten.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My father is a Vietnam vet. I was ready to eviscerate you when I read your title..... but you redeemed yourself.

Happy Memorial Day to all!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
you can't eviscerate Sgt. Hulka

he is our Big Toe

Never Forget those that Serve
enjoy the weekend

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

All gave some, some gave all......

A weekend to remember all departed comrades from all the wars, my mothers father left Belarus a year before the Bolshevic Revolution only to be sent to France to fight in the trenches in WWI, both my father and father in law served in the Army, in Germany during the Korean "conflict", no disrespect intended, come to think, quite a few family members have served.

I will be proudly doing my part to honor them all tomorrow as part of a military rites team of which we are doing 4 memorial services.

Have an enjoyable weekend.

Wonderful thread here, sorry, hope I did this correctly

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Moose

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooseDroolUSMC1986
reply to post by spoonbender

All gave some, some gave all......

A weekend to remember all departed comrades from all the wars, my mothers father left Belarus a year before the Bolshevic Revolution only to be sent to France to fight in the trenches in WWI, both my father and father in law served in the Army, in Germany during the Korean "conflict", no disrespect intended, come to think, quite a few family members have served.

I will be proudly doing my part to honor them all tomorrow as part of a military rites team of which we are doing 4 memorial services.

Have an enjoyable weekend.

Wonderful thread here, sorry, hope I did this correctly

Moose

Thanks for the thoughts...

And the link...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Really? thanks ?
After everything that happened the massacres the weapons used. the aftermath.

Yea thanks alot. But hey you were just following orders. why do people hold the older generation with such regard. when they blindly went in to war merely because they were told?
I hate the whole support the troops not the war mentality people have bought into. the real vets i want to thank were the ones that protested the war while it was going on. And still kept it up even after being branded traitors and spat on by the country.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Really? thanks ?

Yea thanks alot. But hey you were just following orders. why do people hold the older generation with such regard. when they blindly went in to war merely because they were told?
I hate the whole support the troops not the war mentality people have bought into. the real vets i want to thank were the ones that protested the war while it was going on. And still kept it up even after being branded traitors and spat on by the country.

There's always one of you in a thread like this....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Really? thanks ?

I do think the ones that protested were very brave.

Unfortunately war has rarely been about fighting for "freedom". It usually has a much different agenda behind it, and I feel sorry for the many "pawns" used for these agendas.

Not knocking the average soldier, who believes he /she are fighting for their countries, and I can respect those who fought/fight with noble intent.

I will not give my respect to anyone just because they were a vet , or are serving in the forces. I give my full respect to those who do it with pure intent, but to those who are in it for "the thrill of the kill", or other misplaced motivation, I will never respect.
edit on 27-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Really? thanks ?

There's always one of you in a thread like this....

care to explain?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You wouldn't know man....You weren't there.

I was not there. I want to personally thank everyone that was.

I will be taking some time this weekend to remember all our Vets.

To "All" including some family members that gave their lives.

You will never be forgotten.

If we could only see exactly what they have all done after the Vietnam war, maybe we could give respect where respect is due.

There were some crazed lunatics that served in that war, that have gone on to do much damage in society later.

This is what I hate about the lets put all vets in the "hero" category.

The simple fact is they were not ALL heroes, and some were psychopathic killers, that still brag about their killings to this day.(and not the ones from the war)

Sorry to rain on your "brotherhood" parade, but it is what it is, and just because you served in a war does not grant you special honor.

Thats like going back to the days of everyone bowing to clergy , like they are Gods gift to humanity.

Wrong day to say this, but I'm sick of being made to honor some so called "heroes"that clearly don't deserve it .

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Really? thanks ?

You are entitled to your opinion.

The Veteran's made sure of that.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Really? thanks ?

Not the veterans I know. They glory in their revenge tactics on those who oppose their thoughts or views.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your "apple pie" BS.

Not saying everyone who has served in the military is bad, but I know enough to to know that I respect humans that show me they are worth respecting, not because they wore a uniform, and carried a gun.

Funny thing is, that you are the one who started a thread bashing Christianity because of the violent way Christ died, yet you have the audacity to come and start a thread expecting respect for soldiers who perpetuated violence all in the name of so called "freedom".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I made a thread about my son and I going to Luxemberg to the American Cemetary there.

I emailed my father (Vietnam vet Army Airborne) pictures of his grandson folding, holding the American flag. Pictures of his granson scrubbing crosses, planting flags at the markers of soldiers who gave their lives.

He replied thus (edited);

Thank you. Something I'm sure (edited; my son) will never forget.

You, (edited; my brother) and I gave some.

They gave their all. The ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. This is their day, so that we may never forget them and continue to honor them.

Love to (edited; us)

Dad

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Really? thanks ?

Vietnam vets? really? hmm well you also are entitled to your opinion.

The last war were i share your thoughts would be WWII and in fact i have paid my respect on my travels through Europe. Being in the trenches were the last true defenders died. now that was a experience.Walking past the endless allies and axis graves was quite something also. You really did get the feeling that if it was not for them the world would not be how it was today and for that im truly grateful. But i doubt i would get that same feeling in a Vietnam memorial with everything i know today about that war.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Really? thanks ?

Not the veterans I know. They glory in their revenge tactics on those who oppose their thoughts or views.

Sorry, but I'm not buying your "apple pie" BS.

Not saying everyone who has served in the military is bad, but I know enough to to know that I respect humans that show me they are worth respecting, not because they wore a uniform, and carried a gun.

Funny thing is, that you are the one who started a thread bashing Christianity because of the violent way Christ died, yet you have the audacity to come and start a thread expecting respect for soldiers who perpetuated violence all in the name of so called "freedom".

I have know idea of any thread I started about Religion.

Get your facts straight or post the proof.

Carry on Trolling...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I have know idea of any thread I started about Religion. Get your facts straight or post the proof. Carry on Trolling...

My apologies, had you mixed up with another poster...my bad.

It still doesn't change my feelings on honoring someone just because they wore a uniform in a war, though I'm sure there are many that I would respect, just not all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

I have know idea of any thread I started about Religion. Get your facts straight or post the proof. Carry on Trolling...

My apologies, had you mixed up with another poster...my bad.

It still doesn't change my feelings on honoring someone just because they wore a uniform in a war, though I'm sure there are many that I would respect, just not all.

No problem....Apology accepted...

It's fine to have your opinion about some who wore the uniform.

On this day, I choose to honor those who gave their life for this Nation.

Also, to honor those who served.

The beautiful thing is....We have the freedom to honor them if we choose.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thank you for accepting my apology.

I respect that you want to honor soldiers who died in wars, and soldiers who served.

I respect those that were/and are in the military for noble causes, but I refuse to honor just because someone wore a uniform.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dad is a Korea Navy vet and a Vietnam Air Force vet. We see lots of the vets homeless in the desert around here. Somebody should have to pay for the disgraceful way our vets are treated.

join