It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Childrens Day Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to let everyone know that today is "Missing Childrens Day" in both the U.S. and Canada.

Each president since Ronald Reagan has commemorated May 25th as National Missing Children's Day to remind the nation to make child protection a national priority.

Our work with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force program has made a difference in neighborhoods across the country in the lives of many children and their families. As the AMBER Alert Program National Coordinator, I'm gratified to report the program has led to the successful recovery of 584 abducted children since its creation in 1996.

Source

Please take a minute to check out the:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

With the large amount of conspiracies surrounding missing children I thought it would be good to let everyone know that there are many vicious predators out there and even more vulnerable children. National awareness needs to be expanded and any child abduction rings need to be sought out and destroyed.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just bumping the thread so others can see.

It also happens to be Cookie Monster's birthday today (related?)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing that to our awareness, for those that did not know.

I'm sure the missing children, and their loved ones thank you as well.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have to correct myself. Missing Childrens Day is international, not secluded to North America.

Also, a new app was just created and parents should really look into this:

The free app allows parents to send details of their missing child to people within a one mile radius, alerting the local community about a lost child. Whether in a park, a seaside resort or a shopping center, people nearby will be alerted as soon as the parents use the app to activate an alert.

Source

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'll try to add a few to the list in celebration.......j/k

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Does anyone know what percentage of missing children are due to family disputes?

Some of those on there have been missing for quite some time. I couldn't imagine the hell I would go through if that was one of my kids.

My prayers go out to the families who are missing love ones..

new topics

top topics

join